Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

trini0 said:
Man!!!!
Im on week 11 (according to the interviewer, it would take 2 - 12 weeks)
Im going to write my congresswoman :eek:
I just started to put together my thoughts on what Im going to write
to my congresswoman.
I need ideas on what should be said in this letter, without going overboard.
Thanks for any pointers...

trini0 said:
I just started to put together my thoughts on what Im going to write
to my congresswoman.
I need ideas on what should be said in this letter, without going overboard.
Thanks for any pointers...
u should just do as bklyn did. walk into the cogressman's office and let them know your situation, try to ask them make a few phone calls. that will help a lot rather instead of mail.
for some resaon, i really believe talk either on the phone or face to face is much better than writting mail. so...
since you are from new york, ask bklyn which congressman he went to.

Guys,
you have to call the congressman office first and get an appointment to walk-in as soon as possible. In my case they told me to come in 2 days after phone call. Just explain to them how frustrated you are..
The lady first wanted to write a letter to Federal Plaza explaining my case and to ask about status. but then she said," let me try to call them and see what's going on first" , and I was like, Yeah please call them and I would really appreciate it. So did she; she called a 212 number that connects her directly with an immigration officer ( 5 minutes wait on hold) but finally it pulled through.
I encourage everyone to schedule appointment with congressman. Remember to bring all immigration documents and passport with written message.
Good luck,
I will keep all you updated on my case.

bklyn2006 said:
Guys,
you have to call the congressman office first and get an appointment to walk-in as soon as possible. In my case they told me to come in 2 days after phone call. Just explain to them how frustrated you are..
The lady first wanted to write a letter to Federal Plaza explaining my case and to ask about status. but then she said," let me try to call them and see what's going on first" , and I was like, Yeah please call them and I would really appreciate it. So did she; she called a 212 number that connects her directly with an immigration officer ( 5 minutes wait on hold) but finally it pulled through.
I encourage everyone to schedule appointment with congressman. Remember to bring all immigration documents and passport with written message.
Good luck,
I will keep all you updated on my case.

thanks for the input, plz update

When

When do you think I should be noticing any change on my case if I had the AOS interview on February 23, 2006 in Garden City? The officer just told me that he has to review the file again to make a decision, but he did not give me any timeline.
I appreciate your oppinions.
Thank you.

Mona,
I had mine on Feb 28th. I'm also wondering that. The officer told me something similiar. Didn't approve or deny the case. Said that if he reviews the case and finds anything wrong with it, i'll get a letter in the mail from him within 10 days. If not, he would send the file for a visa.

Keep us posted of on your status :)

Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

CreamCheese:
First Congrats..!
Did your status online update?
if yes, when? and did you receive an email or something?

bklyn2006...

..Can you please let me know if there was any update on the status of your case since you visited your congressman's office?
What happened after they made the call?

bklyn2006 said:
CreamCheese:
First Congrats..!
Did your status online update?
if yes, when? and did you receive an email or something?
brklyn, have you walked in to get stamp yet?
anything new/good?

From now, Garden city no longer stamps ANY applicant, that is for SURE. just talked to my atternoey. He said since they process the GC faster than before(REALLY??). But federal plaza still does stamp after you get approved.

The officer that conducted my interview told me at the end that he just need to review the case and do a couple of things like running a background check, etc.

Is this background check the same as the FBI Name Check and Security Clearance?

No, I haven't got anything yet.
I didn't go to Fed. Plaza either... I am still waiting. The online status has not changed yet.
At the congressman they requested an appointment for me to go and get the stamp.. so I am still waiting for either the appointment to get the stamp or the green card.
I haven't received anything by mail either...
What suprises me is that CreamCheese got his/her welcome letter yesterday and he/she was interviewed on Feb 13 and what the officer told the congressman rep. that my application was approved on Feb. 17, so it is in the same week that Creamcheese was interviewed... hopefully I will get something by mail tomorrow or Friday.
Immigration Sucks :( Why they send my file away after they are done with it in Garden City? and why they send it to Fed. Plaza not to National Benefit Center, and why the system doesn't automatically update itself once the officer clicks her approval in her system in Garden City?
Good questions to think about...

A friendly and funny advice to all pending security clearance:
1. don't have a name that is common and mostly wanted like: Mohammad, Osama, Ali, Ahmad ....
2. don't have a last name : Bin Laden , .....
3. it is better not to be from an arabic, communist or terrorist country.

Finally Try to keep yourself happy in this endless wait.

I will update with you guys once I receive or hear anything from immigration.

Brklyn

I definitely hear you bro.
At this time, all you can do is waiting. I know that sucks, but hi, you are dealing with USCIS, not some other business.

If I were you, just take a short break, try do something that you enjoy, kill some time. Remember, the best part is your case is approved, it is just matter of time that you get your plastic. I have talked to my lawyer, he said that now the Garden city and fed plaza process cases pretty fast, don't know why and how long this will go on. but he is pretty sure that if you get approved, your card should arrival in about two or four weeks(except your name hits on something).
don't worry about it, you should definitely be good.

I am so mad and desperate!
It's been two weeks (Feb 23, 2006) since I had my interview and I have not receive anything from USCIS and also see hapily that in other States people is getting their green card very soon and they even stamped their passports.
Did someone was interview in Garden City, NY around this date and received any news? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I am starting to loose it as well... :mad: It has been two months (had my interview on January 10th) and I am still waiting for my card :( My husband and I are going to Garden City tomorrow and I hope we will get some update or something!!! Guys! I am so frustrated, because my chances of going to my home country next month are getting slimmer ...

Please let us all know how it goes.
I am thinking that if a month passes and I do not receive anything I will go to Garden City and I am gonna start sending letters to USCIS and visit my congress man.
Marion... Who did the interview for you?
A puerto rican gentlemen interviewed me, very serious and sharp with a spanic name, I have the name but I do not know if is right to place it here.