Anybody got H1 Ext/New from Texas Center recently?

Texas Freeze ?

Does anyone know if there is a freeze at TSC ? I do not see any H-1 processing moving in the last 3-4 weeks. Can anyone provide more info ? Maybe Rajiv Khanna can address this..... Its really awful to pay $1000 more to get your work done faster.

Its only that you pay $1000 more legally

Thanks

a huge backlog of premium processing cases

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo2019.html explains why the H-1B processing is halted at the Texas Service Center.

H1 approved

Friends,

My H1 got approved yesterday (Feb18th). RD was Aug 5th. Normal processing. So it took almost 6.5 months! TSC has a huge backlog, hence the delay. It took repeated enquiries from my lawyer to find the status of the petition. Normal processing time is anywhere from 5 to 6 months now. So, hang in there. Good luck to you all.

Deba

Congratulations! You're lucky man. I'm waiting almost 6 months. Still nothing. Maybe your case shows they started moove forward all cases. I hope..... People do not loose faith.

Re: still waiting

Originally posted by Ryszard
Hi.

I'm still waiting too. My is application SRC .... september 3, 2002.

Ryszard

mY APPLICATION RD SEPT. 3,2002 AND ND: 09/04/2002

ANY UPDATE WOULD HELP.............

THX

Still waiting

Guys,

RD - Aug 26, 2002

I am still waiting........

The guys who have recieved the activation, Are you going to India for revalidation or are you going to send it to St Louis?

How long is it taking to revalidate a visa in India ( Chennai)?

Bharath

stamping

will never take a chance stamping in chennai. i will do it here as long as I can. My friend was in mumbai on a business trip and when he visited the consulate for stamping he was told to submit his passport and all documents and they will contact him in 4 weeks. also told not to contact them. its been 6 weeks no news... scary huh ? well the worst part is after they verify all his documents and stuff and issue a visa -- will he have a job here on returning ? because of unsolicited 6 week return instead of a 2????????

Any Updates???/

Folks,

Did any one of you get your H1 extended or approved recently?

You should be hearing about it, if your recieved date was around Aug 26th. Please keep updating the forum.

Thx,
Bharath.

Upgrading to premium

My RD is Nov 20, 2002. I am planning to file for premium processing. Does anyone has any idea how long will it take for the approval at TSC once I upgrade it to premium.

Thanks.

Upgrading to premium is not a guarantee of approval. They should be able to provide with an approval or an RFE or an intent to denial within 15 days of receiving the premium processing paperwork. If additional evidence is required, it again takes upto 15 days to provide a decision from the time they receive your paperwork.

Thanks

Finally the wait is over.

Recipt Date - Aug 26, 2002
Approved Date - Feb 27 2003

So it took 6 months for H1 to be approved.

Thanks for the updates and good luck to the people still waiting.

Thx,
Bharath

H1b extension filed in apr 02

Hi
i had filed for an H1 extension in Apr 02 in Texas and still havent heard anything about my approval .Its mar 03 now .
does anybody know whats the chances now as it almost 1 year .
i ahd already 3 h1b processsed earlier with no hassle waht so ever.

Please reply

Hi All,

I am on H1 and my wife H4. My new company applied for H1 transfer on Nov 20, 2002 and then applied for H4 transfer a week later. Since TSC is moving very slow, I am planning to upgrade my case to premium processing. Here is the question. What will happen to H4 application if my H1 transfer application is upgraded to premium. Will H4 be automatically upgraded too. My employer told me that he got a receipt notice for my application dated Nov 20, 2002 but he never got any receipt notice for my wife's H4 transfer application. He says it is normal. Is it common not to get receipt for H4 transfer application. Anyone with similar experience/comment, please reply.

Regards.