Any September filers?

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 20, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Congrats pandaexpress. See I told you your card will be ordered before Nov 30 and you will get it before Dec 15. Now you don't need to worry about your going out of status :)

Congrats :)

My FP is tomorrow, I hope i receive IL soon and my background check doesn't take forever because I have a middle eastern sounding last name even though I am not from the middle east, anywayz... we'll find out!

Has anyone in here been to Oakland for their FP. I ask this because many of you here are from the Bay Area....

My parents went to Oakland for their FP on 10/31. Any questions?

Yes, Today I received my Interview Letter. Interview Date is January 17, 2008, Thanks. Hope everyone gets their IL quickly, Hope for the best.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
My thanksgiving gift is the employment card from USCIS.
I got the LUD on Nov 19 that my employment card is being ordered :)
I hope I will get my interview letter for my x'mas present!!
wish you all getting EAD and GC soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Congratulations to those getting their EAD, I'm happy because mine was ordered on 11/23, hopefully I'll have it in my hands soon.:p I just got an update, but no email, has anyone actually received any emails from USCIS or you guys found out on the website?, my I-485 LUD is 10/15/07 even though I already received my IL last week:confused:.

I just got my Interview Letter. I-765 status now appears online, like everyone said it appears after you get your FP done.

I am confused about something on the IL. It says bring original and a copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application. What does this mean? I submitted quite a few forms... and quite a few documents...? Do I only take along with me all the originals and copies for I-485 supporting documents or everything?

Take all originals and copies of the documents you submitted earlier to support your application. This will be in addition to new bunch of 'evidences' in support of your relationship. They like to see the originals because it's possible to alter the original and make a copy of it without making it obvious. I have heard in some interviews where the couple did not have the original of a BC and the IO said it could be used as a reason for denial.

Hi All:
I have a questions. For my interview, do I have to have my Wife's Birthcertificate (She is the petitioner)?... She doesn't have one.... I have mine... I don't know why it is so important... she got her citizenship through naturalization.... any one has any idea.. please advise..

Hi All:
I have a questions. For my interview, do I have to have my Wife's Birthcertificate (She is the petitioner)?... She doesn't have one.... I have mine... I don't know why it is so important... she got her citizenship through naturalization.... any one has any idea.. please advise..

They do ask for the petitioner's birth certificate, I don't know why is so important since they don't even ask for one when applying for Naturalization:confused: My husband doesn't have one either, but I already asked my mother-in-law to send me one.

They do ask for the petitioner's birth certificate, I don't know why is so important since they don't even ask for one when applying for Naturalization:confused: My husband doesn't have one either, but I already asked my mother-in-law to send me one.

Thanks for your response. Yes I will go ahead and bring one from my home country. Also I see your interview is on 12/20; Please post your interview in details so whoever has interview later on, will get some idea from you. Thanks again.

Hi Elvi_C:
I emailed my lawyer about the BC of my wife (Petitioner); I got reply from my lawyer stating that I don't need my Wife's BC... Only thing I need her proof of citizenship... He stated that I need my BC, passport, I-94.. and My wife's w-2 and pay stub.... looks pretty simple..

Hi Elvi_C:
I emailed my lawyer about the BC of my wife (Petitioner); I got reply from my lawyer stating that I don't need my Wife's BC... Only thing I need her proof of citizenship... He stated that I need my BC, passport, I-94.. and My wife's w-2 and pay stub.... looks pretty simple..

I'm gonna take his birth certificate just to be safe, especially since in the IL clearly says:

If your eligibility is based on your marriage, in addition to your spouse coming to the interview with you, bring:
- A certified copy of Marriage Document,
- Your spouse's BC and proof of Citizenship,
- Prior marriage certificates if applicable, and
- BC for all children of this marriage.

I'll take it although I don't think the IO will ask for it.