Any September filers?

Xeddy-

By my calculation it took about 2weeks for them to update your I-485 after you mailed in the requested documents right?........correct me if I am wrong.... I am just trying to project the time I should be expecting an update.....its driving me insane.......:(

Sorry for this late reply, I have been really sick....

Yeah, it took them about 2 weeks to update my I-485. I received my GC on 02/08/08.

I need our help. Here is my case. I have my interview on March 11.

My wife she is a US citizen. We got married officially in July 07 to file GC. But my religious marriage will be held in India end of March 08. We are not living in the same house. My wife she is staying in her parents’ house. We can only live together once we celebrate our religious marriage. This is how it works in our religion.

We are leaving to India to perform our religious marriage in one week after the interview. Everything is pre-planned long time back. We have the Itinerary us. We also have the invitation when and where the religious marriage will be performed in India.

We have few joint documents. Like bank account, lease, taxes, my wife ssn updated with last my name.

I really appreciate if someone gives me suggestions. What should I tell the officer with I go to Interview.

I had my interview today. My I-130 is approved.

I-485 Name check is pending
Officer asked me to resend the following documents I864A, Medical, W2 2007 with joint returns inorder approve I485

They misplaced my I864A document
It seems doctor made a mistake in the Medical Documnets
Officer wants me to resend my W2

All the above three documents I made it ready immediately after the interview and I have to mail them tomorrow.

The officer was so mean my interview went for 1.5 hours

I feel sorry to hear your careless office giving u so much hard time.
I wish u good luck n everything is going fine
my interview is next week. I pray for my interview going to be ok...

Hi all:

Anyone has any updates. Stuck in NC.... Feb 4th Memo did not bring any luck for me yet...... still waiting to see if the ice starts melting... :confused:

This people at CIS are careless since they are not the victim of it.. all they care about Big paycheck at the end of the week.. and they work very sluggishly.... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all:

Anyone has any updates. Stuck in NC.... Feb 4th Memo did not bring any luck for me yet...... still waiting to see if the ice starts melting... :confused:

This people at CIS are careless since they are not the victim of it.. all they care about Big paycheck at the end of the week.. and they work very sluggishly.... :eek:

My father is stuck in name check too. I called USCIS last week and was told his case is still within normal processing time. So I guess for now they won't apply the Feb 4th memo on our cases. Have you called them or made any infopass? Do you know when your nc started?

My father is stuck in name check too. I called USCIS last week and was told his case is still within normal processing time. So I guess for now they won't apply the Feb 4th memo on our cases. Have you called them or made any infopass? Do you know when your nc started?

I guess my NC started right after my FP was given... I don't know from when they start counting..

I thought if your application was sent over 6 MOs, should apply the Feb 4th Memo.. I am planning to call 'em next week or so..

Don't feel like to call them really.. they are feelingless robots, don't understand anything, just go by computer, yes/no thats all ....:(

Finally!!!

Guys, I'm very happy to announce that my case has been approved, and my welcome letter has been sent, no card production update yet.
I had an infopass last thursday, and I was told my name check had cleared, although they could not provide me with a date, the officer just said my case was under final review by my IO and that they would send a notification to him about my inquire. Yesterday I received 2 email with updates from CRIS, to me that's no coincidence, and I advise anyone with a case pending to make an infopass to know what's going on with your case.
PS Whendoesitend, make your infopass as soon as possible, your case might be just sitting there waiting for a final approval, let them know you're on top of your case, ;)

Today couldn't have been any better. For many of you who already know, we went for the interview on 1/18/2008 and the IO asked for a "clear" copy of our lease agreement which we sent. After 102days after interview date I got an LUD 5/1/2008 both I-130 AND i-485 have been approved. Approved on 4/30/2008.Thank you all for the and Omorpheus thanks for starting this trend. For any one waiting keep the faith!!!! God bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am happy to announce that my Dad's application finally got approved. He had been stuck in name check for 7.5 months. We got the actual GC card yesterday (5/27). Thanks everyone on this forum for the help.

Hi guys,

Long time no see....... Last week I went to USCIS with InfoPass... They said NC cleared but they still don't have the original file .. they have T-file (Temp. File).. weired....

Anyway, I need to apply for EAD Renewal.. Do I have to pay the Filing Fee? I applied with the new Fee (After July 30th 2007) and Instruction said NO FEE for if you applied with new Fee changes.... Any one Help???????????

Thanks,

Another InfoPass on Aug 7. IO was very nice. He informed that NC was Cleared long time back (right after my interview). Orig. file did not arrive to DO yet. :eek: Opened Service Request.

Let's see what happen..:confused:

Guess it ends today ;)

Congrats :)

Thanks!

By the way,

I have a question if anyone can answer please.

On my Approval Letter they gave me when I was at DO with InfoPass 2 weeks ago, I saw, they mis-spelled my Middle Initial. Is that a problem? or is it just a typo? I asked the Lady on the front desk, she said it is a typo, actual card should have correct name. But I called USCIS, 800#, they told me that they go by what is in approval Letter... So the Customer Service Lady open a service request to correct that (but my card production already ordered... ). She couldn't tell me what will be in the card though..

Ok, anyone has any idea how this works.. your input will be highly appreciated.... Thanks a lot!