Any September filers?

What is a Service Request? How can I open one? I would like to check whether the USCIS has received the FP results or it is just that they need time to update the system? Thanks.

Call USCIS and ask the first level CS to open one for you. I think 2 weeks is sufficient time for them to get the results.

Congrats on everyone getting their EADs. Please remember to update the spreadsheet with your info ... the link is in my signature.

Just got FP notice yesterday. :) I went to INFOPASS yesterday and was told my mom's FP notice was sent on 10/09/2007, but we never received it. Anyway the officer said she was going to send an email and ask me to call 800# also. She did not tell me anything about the FP notice was on the way. then in the evening I got the FP notice together with a SR reply letter :)

[lQUOTE=ma1ma1;1802347]Have you received Finger Print Notice yet?
Have you heard anybody whose I130 and I485 ND is in October received FP notice?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got FP notice yesterday. :) I went to INFOPASS yesterday and was told my mom's FP notice was sent on 10/09/2007, but we never received it. Anyway the officer said she was going to send an email and ask me to call 800# also. She did not tell me anything about the FP notice was on the way. then in the evening I got the FP notice together with a SR reply letter :)

[lQUOTE=ma1ma1;1802347]Have you received Finger Print Notice yet?
Have you heard anybody whose I130 and I485 ND is in October received FP notice?:confused:
[/QUOTE]

Congrats gcforparents8. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief. Opening SR really works :p

You bet! :)

Quote:
Congrats gcforparents8. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief. Opening SR really works
[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
gcforparents8 and omorpheus,

Could you let me know which office you are going to take fingerprints? My parents went to Oakland which was really strange (we live in san jose area).

gcforparents8 and omorpheus,

Could you let me know which office you are going to take fingerprints? My parents went to Oakland which was really strange (we live in san jose area).

San Jose ASC at Charcot Ave. The same place where we went for FP for N-400.

However, taking FPs at Oakland is not a concern. 70% of my friends in Employment category went to Oakland for FPs. They live in San Jose (very close to my house). I know two friends who live in Santa Clara got their FP notice for Charcot Ave.

Me to, same FP place at Charcot Ave.

San Jose ASC at Charcot Ave. The same place where we went for FP for N-400.

However, taking FPs at Oakland is not a concern. 70% of my friends in Employment category went to Oakland for FPs. They live in San Jose (very close to my house). I know two friends who live in Santa Clara got their FP notice for Charcot Ave.

Hi guys, I'm so happy, I just got the IL in the mail....when I saw that it was from USCIS I thought it was related to my EAD, even though I haven't seen an update since 10/15....but to my surprise it was the IL for Dec 20, 2007. I'm just thrilled to know that this waiting game is almost over....

Hi guys, I'm so happy, I just got the IL in the mail....when I saw that it was from USCIS I thought it was related to my EAD, even though I haven't seen an update since 10/15....but to my surprise it was the IL for Dec 20, 2007. I'm just thrilled to know that this waiting game is almost over....

Congrats Elvi C!! I am waiting for my IL:( It seems that the Hartford office is vey slow:( At least I got my EAD so I can start looking for a job now and not think too much about how long is taking to get the GC:rolleyes:

Congrats Elvi_C. Great news. So, you will have GC in hand by the year end (hopefully) or a new year gift :D

Do remember to post your experiences and what docs did the IOs ask for during the interview. Also, please update your timeline in the spreadsheet.

Congrats Elvi C!! I am waiting for my IL:( It seems that the Hartford office is vey slow:( At least I got my EAD so I can start looking for a job now and not think too much about how long is taking to get the GC:rolleyes:
Hang in there, your IL will come soon enough, at least you have your EAD, just apply for your SSN and you're set to go in the meantime.
I didn't want to drive myself crazy thinking about the IL, I just wanted get my SSN, DL and look for a job, but I'm not going to complaint :p.
Our timelines are very similar, maybe soon you'll have good news!

Congrats Elvi_C. Great news. So, you will have GC in hand by the year end (hopefully) or a new year gift :D

Do remember to post your experiences and what docs did the IOs ask for during the interview. Also, please update your timeline in the spreadsheet.

It's gonna be the best Christmas present ever!

Hang in there, your IL will come soon enough, at least you have your EAD, just apply for your SSN and you're set to go in the meantime.
I didn't want to drive myself crazy thinking about the IL, I just wanted get my SSN, DL and look for a job, but I'm not going to complaint :p.
Our timelines are very similar, maybe soon you'll have good news!

Thanks Elvi_C. I already have my SS#. I was here in the states on an f-1 and h-1B visa 3 years ago. I started looking for jobs this week so hopefully someone will hire me after the holidays:) Today I am going to get my DL, hopefully I will have it right away:D I am trying to don't think too much about the IL but I cannot help it:p

Questions regarding Interview

I have a couple of questions regarding interview:

1. I have date of birth certificate with name, date and hospital etc written in English but the text preceding it is written in foreign language. Do, I need to get a translation for it or the photocopy of notary's translation at the time of my GC (6 years ago) work? Since most of the stuff regarding me is in English, would that suffice?

BTW, why do they need my DOB certificate again. They required it for my GC, why ask again?

2. I have an infant at home and can't leave him alone. Can we take him to interview? Is there a problem in it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!!

I-131 received and I-765 Approved.

Congrats :)

My FP is tomorrow, I hope i receive IL soon and my background check doesn't take forever because I have a middle eastern sounding last name even though I am not from the middle east, anywayz... we'll find out!

Has anyone in here been to Oakland for their FP. I ask this because many of you here are from the Bay Area....

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 20, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.