Any September filers?

I would like to check my parents' case status, such as name check and fingerprint clearance. For INFOPASS, do they have to go to the office or can I go by myself on hehalf of them?

I am trying to make an INFOPASS appointment, but it seemed the menu has changed? I remembered that there should be something like "check case status", and now I don't see such things. Any idea? Thanks.

You can go to uscis home page, click Schedule an appointment, which is right under check case status.

I am trying to make an INFOPASS appointment, but it seemed the menu has changed? I remembered that there should be something like "check case status", and now I don't see such things. Any idea? Thanks.

I would like to check my parents' case status, such as name check and fingerprint clearance. For INFOPASS, do they have to go to the office or can I go by myself on hehalf of them?

Since you filed the I-130, you can check yourself of the status and if the officer is good will let you check your parent's I-485 status also. Since you do not file I-485 but GC applicant does, they may ask you if you are the applicant.

So, its best to take your parents to INFOPASS or if not possible, take all the possible receipts/notices and give it a shot -- remember to input your name as applicant and your I-130 petition number in receipt number.

No it (Latest Update) on USCIS website, where you log into check the status of your case. When you log into your portfolio, you will see a column that says Last Updated, check those dates every time you log it, if the date change it means that you case was touched. You might also have a date change but the message might stay the same.

Did they send you the EAD from Lee's Summit or your local office?

pandaexpress,

You went for your FP yesterday if I am not mistaken. Any updates whether you can see your I-485 or I-130 application status online? Also, any updates on EAD?

EAD Card

My hubby's EAD card came in!!!! We got it in the mail November 14th (the letter was dated November 7th). So glad it came in...one less thing to worry about.

Now we're just waiting for any word on the I-485. :)

Just came back from INFOPASS. Both my parents' background check and fingerprint have not been cleared yet. My parents took fingerprint on 10/31, and it has been two weeks, and the results have not been returned from FBI yet. The officer also said they usually started the backgound check at the same time as fingerprint time. Is this true? I remembered that Omorpheus's wife's name check was cleared without FP being done. Is there a FBI phone number that I can call to check the FP status?

Congrats avz_27 on getting EAD card. Its a great relief, I can imagine.

Sharon_754, its sad to know that Name Check is pending for your parents. I don't think NC and FP Check have any relation. Usually if NC is pending, they might request FP for further investigation but FBI FP check has nothing to do with name check.

If you search the N400 thread for SJ, I believe someone posted the 800 number to call -- which I called during my N400 process; or search the forums, someone might have posted something.

I hope that their NC and FP Checks get cleared soon. Good luck ...

So, does that mean that SJ DO does not send ILs for anyone whose NC is pending while FP Check is not a requirement?

I just called FBI fingerprint line and I was told their FP results were sent back on 10/31, the same day for FP. Now I am even more worried why the USCIS claimed they did not receive the results. I called the NSC but that officer could not help me at all. She only had the same information as the one showed on website. What can I do?

pandaexpress,

You went for your FP yesterday if I am not mistaken. Any updates whether you can see your I-485 or I-130 application status online? Also, any updates on EAD?

I actually tried to walk in to do my FP on Wednesday (just a day early) because I had a business meeting during my scheduled FP time slot that I preferred not to miss.

Walk-in was very unsuccessful. The IO adamantly refused to admit me for an early FP. They said they no longer accept early walk-ins under no circumstance. So I came back yesterday and finished my FP according to schedule. At ASC, someone came in just one hour early to do the FP and was turned away.

No updates after FP yet. I-485 and I130 still not available online.

I'm still not too sure how AP works.
If I go back to my home country (Canada), what do I need to reenter the US?
I am a Canadian citizen on OPT.

sharon754, can you post the FBI check phone number?

I searched other forums and got this number (304)625-2000, option 3 for fingerprint department. But it was immediately picked up by a live person and I asked him to transfer me to fingerprint department. Then I was switched to biometric service line which it said the phone number is (304)625-5590. You need to give them the A#. They cannot tell you the FP results (ok or not) though.

What is a Service Request? How can I open one? I would like to check whether the USCIS has received the FP results or it is just that they need time to update the system? Thanks.

I'm still not too sure how AP works.
If I go back to my home country (Canada), what do I need to reenter the US?
I am a Canadian citizen on OPT.

Yes, all you need is Canadian passport and AP. Remember to carry all your receipts, Interview letter and other docs with you.