Any September filers?

Updates
Got 2 receits number (I-765 & I-485) starting with MSC which refers to National Benefits Center (also known as MSC). I was able to retrieve info by putting my Receit# online.
!

I tried online (my receipt #'s start with that also) and it said it wasn't a valid number. Where did you go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you trying the Receit number from your check, or the original one on the receit itself. Make sure you use the receit number on your Receit..... Also include MSC followed by 10 digit number, NO GAPS, NO DASH, nothing.... . You can follow this link:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do;jsessionid=cbaC4GOAYczA9cuXxG5ur

Yep did that, and it said invalid number. I figure they haven't added me to the system yet I guess?

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

Yep did that, and it said invalid number. I figure they haven't added me to the system yet I guess?

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

mom1211,

got the samething. I just got home and discovered the receipt notices from uscis. However when I tried it on thier website, got the same message. I must have tried like 15 times with no success. Glad to know I am not the only one.
I can only assume that out receipts have not yet been entered into the system? Who knows?
Anyway, since I have never trust what the customer svc says when you call the 800 # (and never will):eek: , I will probably wait for a a few days to a couple of weeks before I try again or worry about it. :D

mom1211,

got the samething. I just got home and discovered the receipt notices from uscis. However when I tried it on thier website, got the same message. I must have tried like 15 times with no success. Glad to know I am not the only one.
I can only assume that out receipts have not yet been entered into the system? Who knows?
Anyway, since I have never trust what the customer svc says when you call the 800 # (and never will):eek: , I will probably wait for a a few days to a couple of weeks before I try again or worry about it. :D

This is totally normal. Most people, like myself cannot/couldn't check their status online until some random day. Check my timeline. I got my NOA's end of August, but only was able to check my status' online on september 20th.

Some others can see it the same day they get NOA's. It depends on many factors I guess and maybe where you filed.

Just wait it should show up especially if you got all the NOA's, it means that first step was OK.

Its stressful I know but try everyday it will be there.

Hi Ya All:
Do you know how long does it take to do FP or get Notice of FP? Approx. idea. Thanks.

My Time Line:
DO: Atlanta

Package Sent: 08/31/07 (Day 01) to Chicago, IL MailBox I485, I765, I864, I693,G325a with Approved I130.
RD: 9/7/07 (Day 8)
Check Cashed: 9/21/07 (Day 22)
ND: 9/20/07 (Day 21)

FP : Waiting
EAD: Waiting
Interview: Waiting

Now just waiting!!!!

Update on my application. Checks for I-485 and I-130 have been cashed. If I enter the MSC number from the check, it says "Case Status Retrieval Failed". Maybe I need to wait till the Notices arrive.

Update on my application. Checks for I-485 and I-130 have been cashed. If I enter the MSC number from the check, it says "Case Status Retrieval Failed". Maybe I need to wait till the Notices arrive.

Mine have had that message for almost a week now.

Late Aug and Sep 07 Tracker

I have done an excel spreadsheet for our timelines. Please feel free to Add any info that it is missing there for each of you. I try to do it as best as I can. I hope this will help us figure out better how our cases are devoloping. ;) Let me know if you cannot open the excel file.

I have done an excel spreadsheet for our timelines. Please feel free to Add any info that it is missing there for each of you. I try to do it as best as I can. I hope this will help us figure out better how our cases are devoloping. ;) Let me know if you cannot open the excel file.

Hey
Nice work buddy, :cool:
Can you please update my info in your spreadsheet with the DO info. My DO in Cincinnati oh and FC at Chicago, IL
Thanks

I update my timeline to the file

Received Date: 09/18/2007
Check Cashed: 09/24/2007
ND: 09/24/2007

Nice of you. But how can I use the Excell Sheet to update my info. I ttried to update mine and save it, but it doesn't stay as I reopen your Excell Sheet.
Please Add mine or let me knwo how to update and save to your Excell Sheet. Thanks.

D. O:Atlanta, GA
Mail to: Chicago LockBox
Category: Spouse
Date Mailed Package: 8/31/2007 [I-485 & I-765 with Approved I-130]
RD: 9/7/2007
Check Cashed: 9/21/2007
ND: 9/20/2007
FP:Waiting

when you open the file if another person is reading it you would get a message that said reading only and below that notify. Just click on notify and the excel file would notify you when you can add or do changes to the file. I have updated all the info on the spreadsheet I first attached. Please use that one or then we will be confuse on which file we need to use for our future updates. :)

Got my notice to get my sons FP and my Biometrics done on 10/15/07! At least it's moving along now.