Any May filers around?

i was also seeing the 2006 threads where people have got the name checks cleared in a month , my lawyer also suggested the same , to wait for 30 days , this si so damn frustrating , i have my AP , i plan to go to india for 3 weeks , did the interview officer take away ur I-94 , he took mine and stapled it in the file also he stamped on the I-130 and said he was approving the same

i-94

Mamtashok

did u get my Private message , can you please call

at the time of interview i didnt apply for AP so he didnt take anything from me only the proof of living together he took it nothing else. he put a small stamp on my passport with his initials on it and told me that most of the case it should get done by oct end as it would be 6months.
so iam just gonna wait until sep 15th and the freak out

does that stamp say something like peding section 245 ?? or something , my intv officer scrribled the same saying I-485 pending under sec 245 cr(6) , i have his email address too

hmmm thats what he scribbled on mine too , i just he gets my 140 file and the name check file soon , can't concentrate on anythg , this is so frustrating

Since I started this fantabulous thread, I might as well post my experience at the interview yesterday.

Basically, the interview was a breeze -- the interviewer was very nice and professional. She asked all the usual questions (where you met, when's his birthday, where he works, etc) to my wife. She didn't ask a darn thing from me, except if I had gotten into any trouble, and the answer was obviously no. Anyway, after she kept proof of my wife and I being together (pictures, joint bank statement, joint mortgage approval [Yes, we're buying a new house!], etc), she said that my name hadn't cleared the FBI check (!!), so the best she could do is to stamp a "Pending" on my passport.

So yeah, that was kind of a little disappointing as I was hoping to get the approval stamp show up on my passport in one shot. I guess I gotta wait for the name check to clear! (Anyone has any idea how long that takes on an average?). You would think that being in the country for so long with 3 H1-B extensions under my belt, they would've cleared the name check by now, but I guess not. Anyway, the whole interview took 7 minute tops. So while I'm glad I got past the interview process rather nicely, I'm at the mercy of the name clearance process.

Rukna so you are on the same boat as me and mamtashok , by the way did the officer approve I-130 ? and what did he advice as to how much time will it take to clear the name check ... by any chance r u from India ?

name check process can take anywhere from 30 days to 60 days to 6 months , to 2 years to 5 years !!!!!!! and thats what I am worried about so much

not in a mood to watch cricket :-( with this name check pending
be patient fran. At this point there is really not much you can. Worrying about it wont help you at all. All i am saying is dont worry because worrying isnt going to change anything at all it's just going to make you more fustrated. I know i havent had my interview yet or i dont know if my NC is cleared yet or not but we are all going through or have all been through this waiting game and it can be frustrating but just be patient.

you can actually find out abt ur name check , by setting up an infopass , recently another member of some other forum had the same interview date as mine and he too go stuck in this , he booked an infopass before his intv and he was told that his case is still awaiting the name check to be cleared

Since I started this fantabulous thread, I might as well post my experience at the interview yesterday.

Basically, the interview was a breeze -- the interviewer was very nice and professional. She asked all the usual questions (where you met, when's his birthday, where he works, etc) to my wife. She didn't ask a darn thing from me, except if I had gotten into any trouble, and the answer was obviously no. Anyway, after she kept proof of my wife and I being together (pictures, joint bank statement, joint mortgage approval [Yes, we're buying a new house!], etc), she said that my name hadn't cleared the FBI check (!!), so the best she could do is to stamp a "Pending" on my passport.

So yeah, that was kind of a little disappointing as I was hoping to get the approval stamp show up on my passport in one shot. I guess I gotta wait for the name check to clear! (Anyone has any idea how long that takes on an average?). You would think that being in the country for so long with 3 H1-B extensions under my belt, they would've cleared the name check by now, but I guess not. Anyway, the whole interview took 7 minute tops. So while I'm glad I got past the interview process rather nicely, I'm at the mercy of the name clearance process.

Congratulations,rukna. I really hope your name check clears quickly and you get your card soon. Hang in there!

Congratulations,rukna. I really hope your name check clears quickly and you get your card soon. Hang in there!

Thanks, bud! I guess I don't have much of a choice but to wait and see how long the process drags (hopefully not too long!). I do consider myself a little optimistic, so I'm not going to lose my sleep over it. Unless it gets out of control, of course. Again, hoping it wouldn't have to get to that.

Either way, good luck on your interview. My theory is if you're legit, you got nothing to worry about.

:-( after reading so many horror stories about delays with the name check , I have lost all my optimism , my friend got interviewed in May this year his is the same situation and he is still stuck

mamtashok , did the interview officer give a hint as to when he will be receiving the I-140 file that has been filed earlier ? my lawyer asked him the question and he said that I am putting in the request today , my file is at the Nebraska Service Center

Hi everyone,

I am just back from the Interview. Everything went well and I got approved but my name check is also pending so Officer didn't stamp my passport :(. Too bad. Will post interview details laters as I am in office right now. Thanks everyone for all your support.

Neha