Any May filers around?

Hi everyone,

I am just back from the Interview. Everything went well and I got approved but my name check is also pending so Officer didn't stamp my passport :(. Too bad. Will post interview details laters as I am in office right now. Thanks everyone for all your support.

Neha

Congrats on your interview! Sorry about the name check but hopefully it will get cleared very soon!
Can't wait to read your post with all the details!

neha I am sending you a private message with my email , please contact me i contacted the level 2 cutomer support and i can share some info abt the name check

Hi everyone,

I am just back from the Interview. Everything went well and I got approved but my name check is also pending so Officer didn't stamp my passport :(. Too bad. Will post interview details laters as I am in office right now. Thanks everyone for all your support.

Neha

Congratulations on your approval,nehasharma. Hope your name check clears soon. Looking forward to read your interview experience.

question on GC thro employer pending appln

Hi Mamtashok and Franticsky,
My understanding from your posts is that you are stuck in the dreaded namecheck, and at your AOS interview, you were asked details about your GC through employer petition. Is that correct?
If so, why has the USCIS asked to look at your I-140 application? Any idea?

I am wondering of USCIS wants details from all those H1-B applicants who also have filed for the GC thro their employers? Is this another thing to worry about?
Thanks.

hello GC-thro_spouse

the reason they want that file is they want to cancel the 1-140 immigrant visa petition filed thru the employer , you cannot have two immigrant visa petitions at the same time , ie what the interview officer said , there is no other reason to worry , hope this helps

As of Friday, 24th August 2007...

This is the updated list for May filers.

Handle --------------- AOS ND ---- AOS ID ---------- Result ---- Interview Link
Mishumishu ---------- May 16 ----- Jul 17 ---------- Approved ----- Here
shinkansen ----------- May 02 ----- Jul 26 ---------- Approved
PraetorianXI --------- May 08 ----- Aug 07 --------- Approved
mpanati -------------- May 10 ----- Aug 07 ---------- Aproved
mamtashok ---------- May 08 ----- Aug 09 ---------- Approved name check pending
IrishDMBF ----------- May 22 ------ Aug 13 ---------- Approved
leleth ----------------- May 10 ----- Aug 20 ---------- Approved
franticsky------------ May 23 ------Aug 22 ---------- Approved name check pending
ktrueson ------------ May 02 ------ Aug 22 ----------- Approved
rukna --------------- May 04 -------- Aug 23 --------- Approved name check pending
nehasharma -------- May 21 ------ Aug 24 ----------- Approved name check pending
adom.2007 ---------- May 14 ----- Aug 27 ---------- Pending
ndp125 --------------- May 16 ------ Aug 28 --------- Pending
alsteg ---------------- May 24 ----- Aug 29 --------- Pending
Tommy_Chicago ----- May 07 ----- Sep 06 ---------- Pending
Luci_merlion -------- May 21 ----- Sep 10 ---------- Pending
Tairaesias ----------- May 07 ----- Sep 12 --------- Pending
k.ambrose ----------- Jun 01 ----- Sep 12 --------- Pending
dee2006 ------------- May 14 ----- Sep 13 --------- Pending
MagdaJ -------------- Jun 01 ------ Sep 17 --------- Pending
simsim31 ------------ May 25 ----- Sep 18 -------- Pending
roshlimbo ------------ May 11 ----- Oct 9 ---------- Pending

50% of May filers have completed their interviews; approved at the time of the interview or with name check pending.
adom.2007, you're up next. I wish you all the best for Monday's interview :) .

I am done with my training. Monday I work for real! :D

Congratulations on your interview guys and I hope the ones stuck in namecheck clear soon. I will stick around for a while longer, but my days will be very long and very exhausting from now on.

If you ever need to ask something PM me ;)

PraetorianXI.-
Post # 2,000 :cool:

Praet ,
I just hope that the name check clears soon , i spoke to an immigratin officer today and he advised that since the interviews are been arranged so early the fbi name check results do not reach the uscis and thats why these delays , i am so s s damn frustrated

ap quick approval

quick approval on AP
applied online 8/10 (after knowing name check issue on 8/9)
mailed supporting documentation-8/11(sat)
approved on 8/17
mailed 8/20
received 8/24
i hope namecheck will work at same speed :)

Congrats Neha.......wish none of us were stuck in name-checks.........it takes all the punch out of the happiness at clearing the interview

quick approval on AP
applied online 8/10 (after knowing name check issue on 8/9)
mailed supporting documentation-8/11(sat)
approved on 8/17
mailed 8/20
received 8/24
i hope namecheck will work at same speed :)

WOW :eek:

2 weeks from application to receiving the approval. That was Lightning fast... :) congratulations.

Here is my Interview Experience.

We were called by a lady IO and she was very nice and smiling, which made us little relaxed. Then he made us swear and then asked us if know about our name check. Then she checked it for us and told that our name check was pending. She then said persons whom I want to approve have their name check pending and whom I do not want to approve clear name check. This made me excited cos that was hint that I am going to be approved. She asked for the IDs and my passport and took I-94 from that. She started with the I-130 question with me like whats my name, date of birth, place of birth etc. Then she asked my husband how we met and where did we marry and was their a traditional marriage or something. She then took a look at our financial docs and joint docs and said that money is not a problem. She was very impressed with our documents arrangement. She asked my husband if he filed I-130 when he was on greencard and was it approved. We said we filed it but it was not approved. Also, she took 2 pics from us for their record. Lastly she made me sign a document and then said she can not do anything about name check pending but we can inquire about it through infopass after 90 days.

It was easy experience and IO was very nice with us. She made us very relaxed. If I forgot something up there, I will update my post :)

Now the wait begins for the crappy name check..

I thank all of you for your support and valuable information you all shared with the forums. Time for some rest cos I am down with fever since morning :(

Neha

Congrtas Neha.........i'm glad it went so smoothly for you.......hope your name check gets cleared soon......your fever must be your stress coming out...get well soon:)