Any January 2011 filers?

It seems like most people who filed in January are doing pretty well. I was wondering though, if the fed. government shuts down due to budget problems, will that affect us?

It seems like most people who filed in January are doing pretty well. I was wondering though, if the fed. government shuts down due to budget problems, will that affect us?

I read it somewhere that USCIS is funded by the fees we pay for the applications, so it should have minimal impact on the cases which it is processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope so, the fees that we paid should be more than enough, I think. Still waiting on my interview letter!

Getting a bit worried I have not got the IL yet. Do you guys think I should have gotten it by now?

@eggluze...what does your online status say...is it still on request evidence response review...and where did you apply from?

Was your I-130 actioned?

Idk, but I'm waiting. I wonder if doing a walk-in speeds the process up any?

Hi,
I am also in NY and have filed the 130, 485 package for my mom back on Jan 10th and I have still not had any updates on the I-130 or I-485. Do you know of any delays?

Greetings,
Thank you all for sharing your experience as Jan filers. Is there anyone on this forum who filed from NY? Are there any known delays for NY city? I have filed the I-130 & I-485 package for my mom who is currently here in the US. The package was received in Chicago on Jan 10th, she did her biometric on Feb 11th but since then, no update whatsover. I am a bit concerned and not sure if that means there is a prob. On the I-130 I filed for my mom I mentioned that I was also filing for my sister but later decided not to do it. I never sent an updated I-130. Could this be the hold up?

Would greatly appreciate it if anyone from NY can share their experience.

ASC: Missouri, Local office: NY city
Day 0: Jan 5th- Sent package
Day 2: Jan 10th - Package received and priority date given.
Day 3: Jan 21st - Biometrics appointment letter
Day 4: Feb 11th - Biometrics done in NY local office
Day 5: March 4th - Emergency travel document granted at local office

Hey, im from new york too. I filed since end of january and i only got me EAD a few days ago. Im still waiting on IL letter.

I read on some other forum that Washington District Office is usually pretty busy and it takes a while for them to find available slots for the interview. I wonder if there is anyone else who is going to DC for their interview. I am going to try to research that. I am giving them time till Monday before I call. Please let me know if you find out anything.

Thanks Dune88. Let's keep each other posted. I had called USCIS last week and they told me that in NY they are now processing I-485 applications filed in Aug 2010...I hope the person was mistaken :(

sure no problem Dalila ....wow AUG 2010... Thats a pretty long wait. Thanks for the info.

whats ur timeline like?

I called USCIS today, and they told me that Fairfax, VA DO is now processing I485 applications that were filled June 27th, 2011. The lady was really nice, said to call her back in a couple of weeks to see where they are then. So I guess me and my fellow filers from VA should not be worried yet.