Any January 2011 filers?

Hey,

I sent my paperwork on Thursday by USPS Priority. Seems like it still has not reached Chicago, even though it was supposed to be there on Sat.

Would be great to check progress...!

My packet was received in Chicago and sent to the California Service Center. I am waiting for my responce from them (I-797), Should be here by next Wednesday. :)
Received I-797c Notice of action today....Priority date 01/02/2011

very disapointed... called USCIS today to get status update, they said our I-130 was still under review and would be 5 months before we receive an approval or denial, each case is handled differently and I cannot do anything else until June 3rd at the earliest. My wife and I are devistated about this news. :( :( :( I applied for a CR1. Is this a normal practice.

Applied for CR1 Visa for my wife

Still Waiting for I-130 approval....:(

Jan. 2, 2011 ....... Papers submitted to Chicago (I-130 & G-325A Divorce decree's and marriage certificate)
Jan. 6, 2011 ....... Papers Received forwarded to California Service Center
Jan. 11. 2011 ..... Recieved I-797c NOA Receipt .... Priority Date Jan. 2 2011
May 20, 2011.......Hot digity... I-130 Approved
May 26, 2011.......I-797c NOA Approval received file sent to NVC for consulate processing (lol USCIS Website still shows initial review)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys

i am new to the thread.....and new citizen too
i just want to apply GC for my parent......they are here with B2 visa ,i want to hire lawyer to help me with case but my freind of mine told me about this thread ,i want to do it my self. please i need help

What forms i need to sent first
How long it take if i do it while they are here ,thier I-94 expier on may 10 2011

please i need your help and your advice.........thank you very much

Hey Guys

i am new to the thread.....and new citizen too
i just want to apply GC for my parent......they are here with B2 visa ,i want to hire lawyer to help me with case but my freind of mine told me about this thread ,i want to do it my self. please i need help

What forms i need to sent first
How long it take if i do it while they are here ,thier I-94 expier on may 10 2011

please i need your help and your advice.........thank you very much

There is a sticky in this forum , just go through it .. it has everything.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?288201-How-to-Apply-for-a-Green-Card-Do-it-Yourself

@shanep: are you able to view case status online? I get an error message. What does yours start with? mine is MSC, I read on some other thread, they do not update it frequently.

Yes i can check online. Only advice I can give is make sure you have no dashes. Also mine start with MSC

I-130 for Parents

01/24/2011 - Sent I-130 for Parents (USPS Priority)
01/27/2011 - Delivered
01/28/2011 - text and email received with case numbers
01/31/2011 - checks cashed
02-02-2011 - notice of action
05/11/2011 - Approved!

Last edited by a moderator: