• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any DV 2005 waiting for AOS interview?

margarina said:
Hi guys, you are not going to believe this but I got my AOS approved and my passport stamped!....

Woohoo!!!! :D
CONGRATULATIONS! :D
We are all very happy for you! I guess you can finally plan your life and future here - this is so great! Good luck with everything! ;)

I have very limited Internet access right now and will be checking the board only once every 2-3 days :( but as of now I am still waiting to hear from the congressman's office :confused:
I am getting more and more scared, guys :( I really don't know where this is going :( .....

Regards,
sushi

Hey guys,
I've just heard from my lawyer and I'm more and more convinced that he can't do anything. He keeps on going to the INS and they keep on telling him that my name check is still pending and that is up to the FBI. Basically, he gives me the information that I can easyly get with the infopass appointment without paying him any money. So, I've finally decided to contact my congressman, but I'm not really sure how to do so. On the first page of this site there is a link Contact your congressman. Should I go there?
Thanks a lot!
Maya

senator / congressman

http://www.senate.gov - chose a state where you live from a drop down menue
http://www.house.gov/ - you have to enter zip code (+4) to find your representative.

each senator's or congressman's website explains how exactly you should contact them, but clearly you need to write them a brief letter.
which state are you in? if you are not in the same state as i am, i could share with you a sample letter that i put together.. let me know if you are interested.

Of course I am! I would really appreciate it since I'm sitting here thinking what should it look like. Thank you so much. I'm in Louisiana. My e-mail is majanikol@yahoo.com if you want you can send it there.
Thanks again!!!

Hi Maja,

I also contacted a congressman (same way Marianna described) but I haven't heard back from the office assistant yet. I sent a copy of my receipt and passport to the congressman's office. Also in the cover letter where I stated the problem, I provided my SSN. Hope this helps!
My lawyer is also helpless at this point but I keep making these Infopass appts and I hope something will click...we really have very little time left :( :( :(
Keep us posted...

Regards,
sushi

Hi guys! I'm sorry you have the same problem with lawers as we have. I'm still convinced that they are not able to act (much more than we can act ourselves). My experience with senator is not experience at all because they never let me know that they recieved my inquary (by fax) but friend of mine told me that they just proceed cases like this to congressman's office. So, maybe better idea is to directly contact your district congressman for help (at least they are less busy than senators, and they are more local). They definitly CAN help if they WANT! And don't wait for them to find time for you and answer, if they don't call you in matter of couple days call them again and always note that is time sensitive. Focus on fact that you've done everything on time and that you expect to have your case resolved in timely maner. And don't be shy, please. You have only couple weeks and there is still enough time to get your GC (Maja, remember that my second security check was done in two weeks). There are thousands obstacles to lose your case and only one way to get it so, don't give up. (by the way I was ready to write to President himself ) president@whitehouse.gov
I'm thinking of you all and wait for good news. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
margarina said:
DVWinner- the officer didn't ask questions. We promissed to tell "the truth and only truth and...." and she compared our original documents (birth certuficates, marriage certificate, passports, SS cards, IDs ..) from time to time she asked us to confirm our dates or places of birth, basically she went through all papers to make sure that all data is correct. Then she took our passports and asked us to wait in the lobby. After half an hour she came back with our stamped passports and told us that we are permanent residents from that moment and that we would recieve our plastic shortly in mail. The stamp is valid for one year and can be renew in case if we don't get plastic cards in mail. That's all.

Margarina, thanks for the details on ur interview .. so u got ur passport stamped the same day .. I read somewhere that after they do the interview they have to get a visa number from the dept of state .. so they send u a letter after a few days to come in for stamping .. is that true ? I have my interview scheduled in mid-sept and am just wondering if I will make it ... Thanks once again ..

Guys,
I've tried everything to get my interview date: went twice to the local CIS for an infopass appointment, hired a lawyer, contacted congressman, contacted senator.... Everybody says the same (except for the senator who hasn't responded yet): my FBI name check is still pending. I just can't believe that the FBI is so untouchable and that there is NO way of finding out what is going on and whu they are not sending it back to the local CIS. Do you think that FBI name check might be a good excuse for the locals for not processing our cases? Any thoughts on this issue? :(

Maja, lawers can't reach FBI. Congressman and senator can. Try to make an appointment with them and insist it's urgent (at least when I called them they asked me that first). From my experience they know exactly what is all about (much more then my lawer and CIS personel). Maybe they can initiate a new name check (like in my case) or move a little bit forward an old one. As I told you once, last year my congressman's representative helped women to get her GC in last two weeks of September. I know how frustrated you are right now but don't be desperate, you still have a real chance to finish your case, just pull yourself together and be persistent. Maybe, when you talk to congressman you should tell that you KNOW that your FBI check is pending but you need their help to FINISH that and ask if you can sign a form (I forgot it's name - "private release form" or something like that) so they can act in your behalf. Just immagine that you were born in Barber tribe in the middle of Sahara desert. How long your name check would take? Be positive, I really have a hope for you all!
Nora, we wait for you to come back from your interview. I am crossing my fingers right now! Guys, good luck and please stay in touch!

man, from the look of it. i think there is no chances for those who juts got fingerprinted to aos. Look what u all r going thru. This is some nonsence buraucratie.

Hi, we went to the interview yesterday and my husband and my daughter were approved, although their pasports were not stamped, but the officer removed their I94s and said that they will get the card in a week in the mail (hmm). I was not approved. I have to go back tomorrow and submit a certified copy of a document that I only submitted as a simple photocopy (stupid me), I hope the guy approves me tomorrow, at least that is what he promised. I will write a detailed account tomorrow after we come back. Any news from you? Nora

Hey Nora,
I'm sure it's going to be fine tomorrow. I'll keep the "congratulations" for tomorroow out of suspiciousness. :) Good luck!!!

Vermedve said:
Hi, we went to the interview yesterday and my husband and my daughter were approved, although their pasports were not stamped, but the officer removed their I94s and said that they will get the card in a week in the mail (hmm). I was not approved. I have to go back tomorrow and submit a certified copy of a document that I only submitted as a simple photocopy (stupid me), I hope the guy approves me tomorrow, at least that is what he promised. I will write a detailed account tomorrow after we come back. Any news from you? Nora

Can u share ur interview experience with us ? What uscis did u interview at ? wht questions were asked .. will greatly appreciate it ..thanks !

Update from sushi

Hi guys,

I contacted the congressman's office yesterday. The lady I spoke, said that she made an inquiry about the security check and found out that my security check has been completed. I guess this is the good news.
She said she would make an inquiry with the local CIS to see when my case will be approved since the security check is no longer a problem.

Meanwhile, I managed to get Infopass for Tuesday - let's see what they will tell me. I fear that as we approach September there will be no available immigrant visas for those of us who got stuck because visas are given according to "first come first serve" basis and we never know when the visas will be exhausted :( :( :(
I will write after my Infopass appt on Tuesday.

Regards,
sushi

Nora,

I hope you got approved.
Since your family already got approved I think you will be approved too. So far, I haven't heard about cases in which certain family members were not approved. We are all waiting for your update on this and I hope to hear only good news :)

sushi