• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any DV 2005 waiting for AOS interview?

Sushi, we really need encouraging words but I'm sure that "the person from above" helps those who act. So, don't just wait. Do whatever you can to keep your case alive. Nobody of us have enough time anymore to wait to see what one person can do. My lawer openly advised me to ask for help from congressman, but I also wrote to senator. You just multiply your chances in short period of time that is ahead of us. Besides you are not going to hurt your lawer's feelings if you ask somebody else for help. I still have hope that there is enough space for all of us. My logic about cutting number for EU is that they are probably focusing to solve cases that are already in process without involving new ones (they are probably aware that they are in big delay). So, take a deep breath and go. I keep my finger crossed for all of us!

Dear Sushi,
unfortunately what you are saying perfectly makes sense! :( However, let's hope that you are wrong!
Good luck!

hi , i have some problem with my birth certificat , the place of birth wirrten on it is small vallege near big city (sortod) , in my passport and other decoument the place of birth wirtten is the big city (dongola) , is there any problem ? and what can i do if there is problem ?
plz inform me queckly because my interviev is coming (22nd august)

topetoro

fantastic forum and very helpful. thanks for creating this one sushi.
if i were you:
1. i would schedule another info-pass apointment and go back to check what is going on.
2. you should be at local bcis in dc every week.
3. send an oficial inquiry.
4. call your senators immediately, don't hesitate even for a second. ask for help.
you don't have anything to loose. don't think about cut-off numbers, as far as you can finish everyhting by septemebr 30-th you'll get the stamp and the green card.

Urgent question -Cange from CP to AOS- to Margarina and others

Hi Margrina
If I recall you switched from CP to AOS

Hi I am H1B, AS3XXX After all I decided to do AOS. I allredy send back the forms (DS-230, DSP-122) a month ago to the KCC indicating CP. Is it possible in this stage of the process to switch to AOS? Is it going to be complicate issue now? Is that switching is smooth?

If you let them know that you want to switch, what is the procedure, do they send you back the forms? or they send it directlly to the BCIS? becuase I heard that if they don't send the documents to BCIS on the time it can cause delays

Do the KCC send you a letter that confirm, that you change from CP to AOS?
Please advice

Bobi

Hi Bobi, I didn't switch from CP to AOS (I'm on AOS from the begining). From experiences of other people it looks like you have better chances with CP then AOS (specially now when we have only two months to go). I really don't know the answer on your question, sorry...

second infopass-second story

Dear all,
just to let you know about my case so far. I don't think it will help anyone, but I need to share it with you for we are all in the same (sinking) boat.
Anyway, just to remind you, I had an Infopass appointment a month ago and they said my case was in their office and they'll contact me shortly. If I don't hear from them within a month, than to come back. Of course, I didn't hear from them so I went today for another Infopass app. Same officer, she even rememberd me! She asked me to wait, went to see the supervisor and came back with the information that they are still working on my case, that they need security clearance (which I think is a bull.... for I called the FBI two days after I got fingerprinted and they said I was cleared and the results were sent back), that the interviews for DV 2005 cases will be scheduled for sometimes after Labor day (!) and that I come again if I don't hear from them by September 15th!!!!! That date leaves only two weeks for the case to be solved. But, why would they care?! :mad:
Of course I freaked out again and decided to finally hire a lawyer even though I'm not really sure that he can help.
So, another month and a half of checking the mail box hundred times a day is ahead of me! I really hope that some of you will be luckier! Good luck to all of you and keep in touch! Maya

to margarina

When you applied for AOS what forms did you submited from that envelope that you received from KCC. Does anybody know that, if my wife won the lottery, she has to send the high school diploma with the other papers, do I have to send mine to?

Oh, I forgot one more thing. The officer made me fill out a form with my name, address, phone numbers and case number. The title of that sheet was EXAMINATION. Does anyone know what that form exactely is?
Thanks! Maya

Maya,

I am very sorry to hear this. It is very good that you hired the lawyer and I hope he can help. Of course you cannot wait until Sep 15th !!! I am also going for Infopass app. tomorrow to check on my case...

Why didn't you ask them about this "examination" form they gave you to fill out? I was never asked to do anything like this but it is probably for their convenience...who knows...I wouldn't worry about it.

Dear Sushi,
yes, I did ask about the "Examination" paper, but she gave me a very very vague answer, something like "I need these information, so that we can let you know about the interview." As if they didn't already have all those information!!!
It seems to me that they have lost my file, but I'll try not to be that pessimistic! :(
Good luck on your infopass. Let us know how it went!
Maya

Hey Maja,

I really don't think they lost your file, because if this was the case - they would have asked you to submit everything as soon as possible - they know we only have until end of September to complete the entire process! Don't worry - the file is not lost, they just want the information from the form so that it will be easier for them to get your name and address when they are ready to send you the interview letter. I hope you get it soon - this is very possible because I got mine about 5 days before the interview, although generally they give at least 2 weeks before the interview date...I guess everything is possible. I am keeping my fingers X-ed for you!

Hi Sushi et al,
thanks for the illuminating discussion and idea sharing in here, Could someone help tell me how to get to the FBI? I am equally having a major delay since Febraury 2005, i wish to contact the FBI.
Someone help!
Verarose

Fbi

There are ways to check on what your FBI has on your files. I did a Freedom of Information Act Check, basically asking them to release any and all records on me to myself based on my name, date of birth, and place of birth. You can also check to see who has requested this record if you want to see when the INS requested this information. I learned this from http://dv.semper-ante.com/, which is a great tool and user account of this couple that sued the INS to finally get their DV visas in time. They have a link to an FBI Primer which goes into detail on how to request this information from the FBI. I already did this, and the FBI got back to me within a month saying my request resulted in a 'no response' which was good. Now, there are other security clearances such as CIA etc, which may be holding it up. Sometimes the INS doesnt even notice that they may have already finished your background check, and that they should move ahead because they fail to realize that DV cases need attention due to the time constraints. I have a Senator's office trying to expedite the check for me. Till now, nothing new has happened.

Hi all,

I went to the CIS office with Infopass Appt. this morning - no progress so far. They told me to visit them again at the end of August....:( :( :(

Hi Sushi,
what is really the matter with the entire DV stuff this year, i really can understand the complains about inconsistencies and delays everywhere. Is there something else we donot yet know. I have been having a similar complain about the CP too. Are there really aware of the deadline? I MEAN DO THEY REALLY CARE?
Gods blessings
Verarose

Hi Verarose,

I have no observations about past years but this year has been just HELL. Every time I visited the local CIS office they say that they are aware of the deadline, and I shouldn't be worry about this, but LOOK WHERE I STILL AM!!! This is ridiculous! It has been already more than SIX months and the case is still pending!
Why do we have to involve congress people to handle things like this? I am sure they have way more important things to do!!! Also, DV cases are very straightforward and I don't really see any complexity involved, still they take such a long time to solve these cases...

Take care and God help us all,
sushi

Hi everybody, nothing new in my case yet. I still check our thread every day in hope that somebody will have good news. Nora, we haven't hear you for a long time. Anything changed? I pray for all of us!

Share Sushi's Sentiments

Sushi, I feel exactly the same way. We all shouldnt have to go through this kind of needless worrying and anxiety. It is really ridiculous and makes me think that USCIS has pushed us to the last rung of priority, even though it should be the most simple procedure. In my case, I have been completely in status the whole 9 years I have lived here, not a single bad record to my name and have done everything they have asked of me, but my security check has still been pending since December of 2004. What gives???? And I continue to hear horror stories of people whose status has not been adjusted and whose security clearances continue to remain in limbo. :mad:

Speaking of security check-ups! My lawyer's office contacted me today for some more information and I asked how is it possible that the FBI told me I was cleared and now they claim there is still "a security clearence" to be done. So, she said that they are very tough and thorough with people fom Mid-estern countries and with those from ex-communist countries (which is my case, and I guess many of you too).
I already read something similar on this board but it was said only for people from former Soviet Union countries.
Good luck to us all! We still have 2 months to go. :eek: