Any December Filers? Step up

Hi Guys,

I sent in my I-765 two weeks after my I-130/I-485 packet as evident from my signature. Consequently I received two separate biometrics appointment notices, a Code 3 (completed 01/23/08 for my I485) and a Code 2 (scheduled for 02/09/08 for my I765). Will this be a problem?...duplication consequences?....suggestions, advice solicited....

Thanks in advance!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I sent in my I-765 two weeks after my I-130/I-485 packet as evident from my signature. Consequently I received two separate biometrics appointment notices, a Code 3 (completed 01/23/08 for my I485) and a Code 2 (scheduled for 02/09/08 for my I765). Will this be a problem?...duplication consequences?....suggestions, advice solicited....

Thanks in advance!!!!

The code 2 notice should be for your EAD card biometrics where they will take a print of 1 finger and a picture for the work permit. Nothing to worry about :)

My wife's timeline Seattle DO

Seattle DO

12/6/07 I130/1485/G325A/I693/I864 sent to the chicago lock box
12/7/07 package received
12/11/07 Notice date
12/20/07 Mailed I765/I131
12/21/07 NOA for I765/I131
1/7/08 Received Request for Initial Evidence I864 (forgot to mail my W-2 DOH)
1/8/08 Initial Evidence Mailed.
1/10/08 RFI received by USCIS
1/11/08 Received Biometrics Notice for FP & EAD
1/29/08 Biometrics completed.

The code 2 notice should be for your EAD card biometrics where they will take a print of 1 finger and a picture for the work permit. Nothing to worry about :)

Vegas, Thank you for that quick response. I feel better hearing that. The reason I asked the question was because I read somewhere that Code 3 was Code 1+Code 2. Thanks again!

Physical card received

We received the physical cards in the mail yesterday for my parents. It was a big surprise to us because it has only been 3 business days since I-485s were approved. Good luck to you all.

We received the physical cards in the mail yesterday for my parents. It was a big surprise to us because it has only been 3 business days since I-485s were approved. Good luck to you all.

Junzhe,

Congratulations - receiving physical cards three days after the approval is really pretty fast. Your parent's journey with regard to the GC is complete. My mom applied a week after your parent's applied. She got her I-130 approval yesterday (exactly a week after your parent's I-130 was approved). Going by your parent's time line, we are hoping to hear something regarding the I-485 soon.

Once again good luck to you and "Happy Chinese New Year"

Fam-b-imm

junze did your parents get there green cards already, or EAD cards?? your cases are moving along so fast.

GC approval at CSC for parent

junze did your parents get there green cards already, or EAD cards?? your cases are moving along so fast.

Hi js360,

My mom received her GC approval in 54 days. Check out her timeline in my earlier posting. Yes! It appears like CSC is approving GC's for parents in less than two months.

Good luck to you.

Fam-b-imm

only for parents huh, i guess there is nothing you have to do to prove its a legit relationship. lol.

Just got my Initial interview letter...09 April, 08. I was kinda hoping it would be sooner...oh well...

Hi all,

Thank you for the thread. My time line is as follows:

12/18/07 Sent I-130, I-485 and other documents
12/19/07 Delivered to USCIS Chicago lockbox
02/04/08 NOA Rec'd
02/06/08 Checks cashed
????????? Pending

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Thank you for the thread. My time line is as follows:

12/18/07 Sent I-130, I-485 and other documents
12/19/07 Delivered to USCIS Chicago lockbox
02/04/08 NOA Rec'd
02/06/08 Checks cashed
????????? Pending

it took that long for checks to get cashed huh, thats wierd since it seemed they were moving pretty quick in dec and jan. they are so inconsistent.

Good Luck on you interview!! Please come back and tell us all about it.... An update from my side...I got my EAD card yesterday!

My interview was mostly a non-event, both in experience and in results.

But first, a little more information on my circumstances. I sent in my application on Dec 5th, but my notices weren't issued until Dec 31st. My interview date was March 12th, but I haven't received my EAD or AP yet, and there have been no updates on these applications even after the finger prints were taken on January 25th.

My interview was in Milwaukee office. We ended up with an interview officer who had been separating couples for questioning (we could observe that in the waiting room). When he called us in, he only wanted me to come in, but then he saw my wife holding the BIG wedding album and said never mind, you could both come in.

After the oath, he briefly asked me how long I had been in the U.S. and when I left the country (I was on F1, then on H1, so I traveled in and out a lot). He took notes of it, and then asked me to give the timeline of when I met my wife, etc. I was barely listening as i was talking but took notes.

He kept the documents we had brought (copies of insurances, lease, bank and tax records). Kept the pictures we had brought, and requested that we send him additional pictures from our 'wedding ceremony' by mail. (Our album was a 'printed' album, and pictures couldn't just be taken out).

I asked him if my background check was clear, he said no. I tried to ask him if my background check will be run from scratch again even though I had had this done TWICE for me already at the time of visa renewals. He went into a long incomprehensible vent on how the checks can take a long time. I tried to ask him about the 180 day rule for background check, but at this time, he wasn't even paying attention.

Overall the experience was friendly, but our inteview officer himself was an immigrant (had an AFrican name and a thick accent), and we came out not knowing what had happened. My impression is that his purview was only to assess the legitimacy of the wedding and had no idea beyond that. I do not know if my case is approved, or approved pending name check.

But since he was completely satisifed with our interview, my guess is that he is going to give the OKAY and let the proceedings go on from there. I guess we'll have to make phone call to find out where our case is now.

Finally, got my AP approval notice (I-131) via email. I am counting on my namecheck to take a long long time as it took three and eight months the two times I renewed my visa. So I was hoping that i got my AP and EAD soon. One down, one to go, and one to hope for (eventual Green Card).