Any December Filers? Step up

About the speed of the process: as far as my experience goes and what I heard from others, it has something to do with DO but not with nationality. When I pressed one of the officer in my DO, she said that things are done in chronological order. She also mentioned that after 6 months the approval will not be automatic, an officer would review the application. So during that time frequent infopass, letters to DO whatever is must.

By the way, I just came from abroad using my advance parole. The entrance was smooth, usual questions asked. USCIS sent me two copies of parole. One was retained, the other one was stamped and given it back to me and now valid for one year. I know some people are worried about going abroad, so if there was no illegal stay in the US prior to the application, one can travel.

No updates! And now I have to move and do not know what will happen. I guess all I can do is to keep doing infopass in the new DO. At least this time is in a reasonable distance.

So you and I are still in the same boat. I too am moving across the country shortly and all I can also do is keep my fingers crossed and inquiring at the new DO. Good luck to you!!

HI, Dec. filers friends,
I filed mine around Dec 13th.already got my EAD card in Mar. but not IL or interview. still waiting. I did move from LA, CA to charlotte, NC due to job relocation in May. Already changed address on line. don't know whether that will affect the time line or not.

after reading all the good stories of interviews, Here i have a question on the wedding album,
my wife and I didn't do a large wedding. at that time, i just started working and she has some debts. we couldn't afford a large wedding. plus both of us are kind of loner people. like quiet. So we got our ML in the city office court. and we went to Catalina island and had a honeymoon for four days. (i didn't have enough paid vacation at that time, neither does she. coz she moved from north CA to LA,CA two months before we got married) we visited her family couple times. but we haven't got a chance to go back to china to meet my parents yet. ( of course, the reasons are 1. no GC. 2 no long vacation days.3 later on, changed job, no vacation for the long trip)
So, because of all the reason above, we don't really have wedding alblum. my question is how the IO would think about it? what should we do?

Thanks a bunch!!:)

JCLI:
Wedding album is sort of an out-of-date issue at interviews. They are not much interested in photos anymore. Get your vital documents together and that is it. Try to get as much possible common financial documents as possible, such as credit cards, bank accounts, investment accounts, insurance cards, etc. that have both your names on it. If one of you have those, just add the name of the other party prior to the interview. Best.

Husam034 ,hornshonking, thanks a lot!!! great advice! hopefully everything goes well for Dec. filers.

cheers

Got an email today saying Card Production was ordered on July 2nd. Not sure if background check is still pending or complete. I guess I'll find out once the card is in my hand whether the background check conditions are satisfied or pending.

Jfutt,
That is so cool man! Congratulations. I estimate that your background check request was filed in mid-December 2007, so after 180 days of waiting (to mid-June) they process your application. I am a month behind you in everything and that gives me a lot of hope (except the fact that I changed my address recently and hope that will not screw up the process)

Thanks hk.

I agree with you that my it must have been the 180 day rule that kicked-in, because I have had my background checks done for my H1b visa twice, and while it took 3 months the first time (2003), it took full 8 months the second time I renewed my H1b (2006). Based on that experience, I had strong doubts that my background check would be finished in a reasonable amount of time. I was quite surprised to see this notice, and am fairly certain that I got the card based on 180 day rule!

Has anyone else gotten the card because of 180 day rule, and if so, do the documents accompanying the card say so?

Just an update.... I received my Welcome Notice in the mail yesterday.... 7 whole months for the whole process.... i had been stuck in name check for quite a while and am pretty sure that the 180 day directive played a role in my getting approved now.....waiting for the card now...... Good luck to all those in waiting!

No I did not receive any update.... the online stauts of my I485 application was updated 2 days after I received the notice in the mail.... hang in there....its coming.... another thing I just thought about.... i had not originally send in my advance parole request with my application and I sent one just for the heck of it last month... wondering if that got my application noticed when they pulled it up to process my AP... just a hunch....