Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

TradersEC, any updates on your progress?

Still waiting!
First of all... my apologies for being absent for such a long time... and very sincere thanks to all the good people that are supporting and encouraging us in this process... THANKS!!

Well... right after the interview I had a major project at work that was due before the Thanks Giving holiday... so I was really, really busy at work... then had a break but got some family from abroad during the Holidays and first week in December, then back to work and have been pretty busy again...

Anyways... since 11/17, I've been back to the USCIS office twice (using info pass). Basically I was told that the file is still under review... I suspect the rookie IO put it in a drawer and forgot about it and is (may be??) hoping we will just go away???

Actually, she was very nice. I don't think she wanted to harm us in any way. She is trying to do her job but I honestly think she did not prepare for our interview, and was a little bit intimidated by the size of the file... oh well... At this point, we are making a formal request to get the case be processed with high priority since my wife's mother is sick and my wife would like to go see her as soon as possible. Today (my second info pass visit) I actually spoke with a great USCIS officer. Very knowledgeable and experienced. She wanted to give my wife an Advanced Parole but we really don't want to be crossing the border without a GC in hand. Since we have been in US for so long we may be risking the automatic re-entry ban. The officer agreed and suggested I make the formal request to get the case processed faster. She told me what kind of supporting documentation is needed (letter from attending physician, basically). She also gave me a pass to get back in without a new info pass (nice!)

Hopefully we will get the speed up in the case and it will be approved soon. I don't see how the case can be denied because it's pretty straightforward (brother USC and priority date is current)... if there are any problems we just want to be told so we can fix what ever it is.

Keep the prayers and positive thoughts. They are much appreciated. We have done every thing we could and we are at peace... my philosophy is that you need to do what you are expected to do, may be even go beyond but always keeping in mind that, sometimes, the outcome is not in your hand. In those moments, you have to trust that God will look at you and grant you favor. Amen!

p.s. Congrats to all the folks that have completed another step or got their GCs. Enjoy! I opened this forum and, may be, will also post the last entry when I get my GC??? we will see!! good luck to every one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Parent of USC in California:

8/6/2010 => Day 1 => Mailed I-130/I-485 to Chicago lockbox
8/9/2010 => Day 4 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
8/17/2010 => Day 12 => Email from USCIS with receipt numbers
8/19/2010 => Day 14 => Received notices of action (receipts) in the mail
9/11/2010 => Day 37 => Received I-797C appt. letter for biometrics (for 10/4)
10/4/2010 => Day 60 => Did biometrics
10/16/2010 => Day 72 => Received interview letter for Nov 17[/QUOTE]
11/17/2010 => Day 93 => Interview
12/06/2010 => Day 113 => Received green card!!

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!! I left US due to a family emergency on the 27th and just got in yesterday. How is everyone? Any progress?

we had our interview on the 13th, since my dad had an arrest (violation, no conviction), IO said a supervisor has to look at and it'll take another 3 weeks to 4 months, however, the next day, i received email/txt that my fathers card was in production and today i received a duplicate so im guessing its in the mail,

HOWEVER,

there is no updates on my MSC# nor my brothers, were both covered under CSPA, and the IO said there shouldnt be any problems since were definitely under 21 according to CSPA aging guidelines

any idea what might be going on?
i have 2 theories..
1. They approved us as well but they didnt update the derivatives...only the beneficiary
2. They're still checking CSPA...but how long would checking a birthday take? geez

Hey everyone,
I was wondering what the people who already attended their interviews were wearing? Mine is on monday and I have no Idea what is acceptable lol

You should both dress quite smartly. We are in Florida and My husband was castigated quite severely by the IO for wearing shorts, even though they were nice dress shorts and a nice shirt. The IO said " If you have occasion to visit this office again, please dress more appropriately, and not as if you are going to the beach "

Ah! We received IL in the mail yesterday for 01/20/2011 and we received the EAD today in the mail :):):)

Citi786 how did it feel to fly you first time after going green? Welcome back. We have our interview on 1-13-11@ 12:30 in garden city ny.

Traderec god seem to be testing your faith but you will not lose faith you will get your green card and be able to fulfil all of your dreams my friend.

Did biometrics today. A little bit of a hiccup - I forgot my marriage certificate since I am now carrying my husband's last name. They wouldn't let me do the bio - luckily my husband was 20 mins. away and brought me the marriage certificate, was finished in 5 minutes great place and excellent people at ASC in Hicksville NY.

Karjoon - It wasn't the greatest of experience as it was a sad occasion unfortunately.
I wish you and your family all the best for your upcoming interview, have faith and you WILL be blessed........

Hi Karjoon and Cada thank you for the well wishes and the best Christmas present I got this message today on the USCIS website.
" On December 23, 2010, we ordered production of your new card."

On a more somber note Citi - I hope everything will be ok - and if not we only can accept what fate gives to us. I have not seen my dad in 10 years and it breaks my heart waiting to see him - he is a diabetic and my sister says he doesn't look good. I pray I can see him even if its just for one last time.

I hope all you August filers have a Happy Holiday whatever you celebrate - In my country we say Merry Christmas to everyone even if you are a Christian Hindu or Muslim.
I thank each of you for your support - I've seen some very rude and emotionless things people write on this forum but our august thread had some very caring,wonderful and compassionate people who had came together by a common point even though we don't even know who sits behind each username. Something as simple as this gives me hope that humanity is not all lost and people are not as cold and uncaring as I encounter in NYC on a regular basis.
Here's to 2011 - that's our year!!

Merry Christmas Everyone - Healthy and Successful 2011.

For those of us who have our GC, it will be ever so pleasing this season.

Friends who are going through the process and waiting, please keep the faith.​

Merry Xmas to all the forum members and best wishes for 2011...

Little update on our case: We got a letter from the USCIS... the rookie IO wants to see us 1/7/2011... so we plan to be there... reason for appointment: "review and completion of your application for permanent resident"... so we are excited and hope we will finish the process this time around.

p.s. Citi: sorry to hear about your trip being marked by a "sad occasion". Hope you get a chance to make many more trips in happier circumstances.
p.p.s. Immigrous: Sharing your feelings that not all is lost in our world! Merry Xmas to you too...

merry christmas everyone,

immi glad that everything is working out for you little by little, karjoon, im sure ur interview will go well, i did mine in garden city as well, citi, wow you got to go overbroad, sorry that its for sad reasons, and tradersEC, im sure the rookie will approve u this time...damm rookies.

how long did it take for your infopass to get approved and scheduled?

my dad received his green card on the 23rd...but nothing for me and my brother yet.....getting really worried....!!

I finally received my EAD on friday (24th) and went this morning for a new social... in a couple of days I should've everything to start working... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IL still to come... dunno