Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

Happy Thanks Giving to my Immigration family here!
May the Good Lord bless you and your families with all the Happiness, Health and Wealth in this World and the World Beyond..............

God Bless!

P.S., I got a job offer yesterday and this make this thanks giving very special for my family & I. Our prayers our with you..........

Citi786 I live in Queens Ny Iam F4 sister sponsor me I filed on 9-13-10 did my bio on 10-04-10 got ead card last thursday, anyways look at my timeline.

Karjoon,
Thank you - happy days..

Have a friend in Queens, F4 by USC sister - who filed on August 30, he received EAD on Nov 3 - no IL to date.

Will post his progress here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Citi786,
Good luck to you on your job searches..

Butterfly - enjoy your LPR status..

LadyM - Keep the faith, just make sure the attorney filed as he/she said.

Hey yall. I applied in august for my AOS...
They received my application on August 16,2010

I did my finger print on Sept 10.... They uscis sent me an REF also in sept in I sent it back on sept 28..
I received my EAD on Oct 7,2010 I was so excited
I got an appt letter around a week later for my interview on Nov 22 @ 12pm

When we arrived in atl ga I was a little nervous
My hubby n I went through security n gave them our appt letter
After waitn for about 30 mins... 2 more couples came in with their lawyers (my hubby n I did NOT have a lawyer)
A few mins later an elderly man in around his 50's called our name...

After arriving in his office he swore us in n told us to have a seat
He then ask my hubby n I to verify our name,dob,ss, and address (while markn on my application with a red pen)

He then asked how we met n my hubby answered..
The IO then started to talk about his wife n the economy lol (I know so off topics rite ) lol
The IO was a very nice person
He asked if we had kids n asked how long we were married
I told the IO we had no kids n that my hubby n I have been married for 2yrs n 3mths

He then said ok... N told us congratulations n gave me a letter to sign...
He then told me he was gonna order my 10 green card later that evening : )

I was so happy.. I told the IO thank u and head out the office with a smile
I got an update that my card was ordered when I got home that day : )

I got my welcome letter in the mail 2day

I'm now waitn for the actual card

Interview today, a bit mixed about it. We went in unrehearsed, as we both thought honesty was the best policy.

We showed up in Philly 45 minutes before interview, went through security and they called us within minutes of giving them my appointment notice.

We had a younger, Asian woman who spoke halting English-it was difficult at times to understand her. She was a strict no nonsense officer.

She swore us in and then asked my husband questions on the application, what is your name, date of birth etc.
Then she asked how we met, asked him my parents names, and dates of birth, my birthdate, where I was born. What did we have in common, how did we meet. When was the first time we met, how long we had known. We did not elaborate on questions, just gave responses. She then asked me the same questions about him, and asked for more copies of proof of relationship. We did not have much, as I am unable to work. I think we had joint auto insurance, 4 affidavits, and 5-6 photos (neither one of us actually LIKE photos taken). She seemed a bit perturbed that we didn't have more and stated so.
after a round of questions at both of us ie. why our parents weren't at our wedding etc., she told me to leave the room.
She asked my husband a series of questions-what is your sons name, how old is he (he is not my son), when we get to see him, if hubs ex had custody etc. What we did when he was there last, if he had bought me any gifts, if we had ever been away from the house since being married, if we had favourite foods, or disliked certain ones. (i'm sure i'm forgetting more questions she asked). Then she sent him out to the waiting room and asked me the same questions alone. I answered honestly, and when I didn't give her full enough answers, she questioned further, I think trying to get me to answer the right thing, which was nice. She then asked if I had any questions, and told us we would have an answer in 30 days.

:( I was a bit bummed that they didn't give us approval right away, as we weren't being fraudulent, and had been honest with everything. But after reviewing our answers with each other, we actually answered almost every one similarly.

ps. Thanks for the tip about the SSN--I just called the office, and they told me they have it, and I can pick the receipt up anytime!

09/07/2010 => Day 1 => Sent in I-485, I-130, I-765, G-1145 via courier
09/09/2010 => Day 3 => mail from USCIS with 3 receipt numbers MSC
09/28/2010 => Day 22 => Notice of Action Received
10/01/2010 => Day 25 => Biometrics Notification
10/07/2010 => Day 31 => Biometrics Date
10/28/2010 => Day 52 => NOA rec'd Appt date Nov 30
11/15/2010 => Day 70 => EAD Card Production Text Rec'd
11/22/2010 => Day 77 => EAD Card Rec'd
11/24/2010 => Day 79 => SSN Ordered
11/30/2010 => Day 85 => Interview Done!
12/01/2010 => Day 86 => SSN card arrived

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came back from Infopass appointment- which was even worse than calling on the phone- the lady was extremely rude, first it was so hard to even understand what she was saying since her English was seemed limited - she said my file is still at visa center I told her customer service told me that it was sent to Hicksville she started telling me dont push her , i didnt even tel her anything I just asked her how longer more should I wait.
dont know what else to do Ive totally lost all hope
today its 115 days since USCIS received my application and im still waiting for biometrics -

This is extremely unfortunate, I was hoping at least provide us with proper wait times,, there is a clause to expedite the process have you delved into it?

Just came back from Infopass appointment- which was even worse than calling on the phone- the lady was extremely rude, first it was so hard to even understand what she was saying since her English was seemed limited - she said my file is still at visa center I told her customer service told me that it was sent to Hicksville she started telling me dont push her , i didnt even tel her anything I just asked her how longer more should I wait.
dont know what else to do Ive totally lost all hope
today its 115 days since USCIS received my application and im still waiting for biometrics -

cada43, we applied almost at the same time. I sent my application on 08/12 and it took a while to receive the biometrics. Got my EAD card too on 11/23 and applied for SSN the next day. Today, I got the SSN in the mail. :)

This is extremely unfortunate, I was hoping at least provide us with proper wait times,, there is a clause to expedite the process have you delved into it?

Thanks BVK - looks like I should have done the infopass appointment earlier - the officer called me yesterday and told me my biometrics has been scheduled for dec 20th - That was just verbal Im still awaiting the letter.
finally something is moving along

Thanks BVK - looks like I should have done the infopass appointment earlier - the officer called me yesterday and told me my biometrics has been scheduled for dec 20th - That was just verbal Im still awaiting the letter.

Happy for you Immiqrous...now u can breathe a sigh of relief....prayer still works. Just keep the faith

Glad to hear this from you finally!

Yeah its a matter of few more days, good luck

grats immiqrous, i doubt that the IO would make up a date like that lol.

hopefully u get your IL soon as well!