Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

OK, I figure that's where marriage certificate comes in. But do I need other things like tax returns, joint accounts etc?

Proof of both relationships. Just take the marriage certificate if the wife or husband is a derivative beneficiary. If you have kids, please take their birth certificates.
Good Luck!

I have 15+ years of experience in banking in US. I had been trying to find a banking job since I got me EAD. Unfortunately with the current economy and banks going under, I had a very hard time. Thanks to their prayers (my dad and my late mom) I was blessed with the opportunity once again. I was very honest when asked about he reason I had to quit my last banking job. I am not sure which state are you in, but do let me know and maybe we can figure something out.
God Bless

I have just 2 years banking before I came here - unfortunately I was not able to maintain my experience being not legal to work. I'm a pretty quick learner and confident in my ability to do any job but looking at requirements for banking industry and they are now asking even for entry positions BSc degree which I do not posses - I was actually working in IT department at the bank- my certification is in computer programming and its way outdated - Its unfortunate that you are judged by a piece of paper and I regret not going to school while waiting for my gc but it was too expensive for me to afford.
SO its back to college for me this summer -
I actually found a job two days ago - creating spreadsheets for a non profit org. the pay is actually decent - so I'll stick with that for a while - it gives me the flexibility to go back to school. This is going to be a tough one for me since I have three kids ages 3 6 and 7. Its like I have been asleep for so long and I am now waking up.

Hey Citi sorry about your mom is that the reason you had to go away? Moms are irreplaceable and there is nothing anyone can say that takes that pain away. Think of her in a better place. Good luck and all the best.

Thanks immiqrous, yes it was very unfortunate, and yes that was the reason I left in a hurry. I am grateful to God as He have me a chance to see my mom one very last time. I am glad to hear that you would be going back to school, the very right thing to do.
God Bless!

Hi All,

I am married to a USC and filed the petition around mid August. We had the interview today at 9:30 am but we arrived around 10:00 am. Our lawyer already submitted the interview letter before we arrived, good thing we weren't called right away, we were called in around 11:00 am. As soon as we got in to the room the IO asked us to remain standing and raise our right hand. The IO then asked what is my address, birthdate, SSN, working or not, do I have kids (technically, the questions came from the application that we submitted to them) then turn to my husband to ask some questions too. After the questions, she asked for IDs, Passport, EAD card... she also asked when did I came in to the US and on what visa....

After all the personal questions, the IO asked for our joint accounts. We showed bank accounts (checking and credit cards), utilities (water & gas), & car insurance. Our attorney offered our photo album which the IO accepted. She took around 8 of our pictures (or more I think). She also asked how did we meet, when did we meet, when is our wedding date, who was present in the wedding. Since our parents were not in the ceremony, the IO asked why and does our parents know that we are married. The IO stepped out for a few minutes and came back. She returned all the IDs and passports except for my EAD card. She said that she will give us the approval letter (this part right here I did not really understand... All I can remember is saying thank you to the IO that it's done) and will receive the card in 2 weeks. She warned me not to leave the country without receiving the card itself.

This is just a story that I wanted to share with the rest of the August filers and to all filers who wants to know what is going to happen on the day of their interview. I hope its helps. Congrats and Good Luck to everyone.

Just got The card in the mail today!... Its all finally over :)..... Those are crazy looking cards.

Cada between your AOS interview and GC receipt, where there any status updates like 'card production' etc. If there were any when did it happen after the GC interview? I see that you got I-551 stamped on your passport what convinced the IO to stamp your passport? Congrats on receiving your GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cada between your AOS interview and GC receipt, where there any status updates like 'card production' etc. If there were any when did it happen after the GC interview? I see that you got I-551 stamped on your passport what convinced the IO to stamp your passport? Congrats on receiving your GC.

Between the interview and the Receipt of the greencard was actually only 8 days, Very quick. The IO just stamped our passports without us asking her as a matter of fact, she asked if we had travel plans in the future and we said yes possibly this summer. But again, we didnt ask her to do so. And yes the same day of the interview at around 5pm the status changed on all of the applications. You will get a welcoming letter before you get your GC, then by what ive been reading and my experience its about 3 days after you receive the actual card. Hope this helps :).

Guys,
I have a question: My sister and I share the same mother. Her maiden name is on my BC and her married name on my sister's BC (she had married her dad) does this still prove the sibling relationship, or do I need something else. Do you think they'll ask for a DNA?

Hi everybody I was suppose to have my interview yesterday , well we got their and didnt get to have interview cause the power was out . So now we have our interview on 2-17-11 same time oh well. I believe that everything happens for a reason maybe it wasnt in the book for me yesterday. So next month.

Thank you karjoon, and you know God was the one responsible for the power outage that day bc something was not going to go your way. Have faith and thank you for the blessings.

Hello, everyone!!!

I have been following this thread as I am also an August filer, but now my case seems to have gotten stuck.

USCIS received my AOS application on Aug 23, 2010. On Sept 17, I received an RFE letter, for which I sent in the requirements and they received on Oct 14. My online case status hasn't changed since they last updated in on Oct 28, saying that they are reviewing this evidence. It's past the 60-day review period so I called USCIS customer service, but they were not of any help.

So, my question is: what should be my next step be? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, everyone!!!

I have been following this thread as I am also an August filer, but now my case seems to have gotten stuck.

USCIS received my AOS application on Aug 23, 2010. On Sept 17, I received an RFE letter, for which I sent in the requirements and they received on Oct 14. My online case status hasn't changed since they last updated in on Oct 28, saying that they are reviewing this evidence. It's past the 60-day review period so I called USCIS customer service, but they were not of any help.

So, my question is: what should be my next step be? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I know of a person who applied on August 2nd and finally got her interview letter last week. She called USCIS office every month, made an info-pass appointment and was told to wait. She is from Florida and also had a RFE which she satisfied.

Good Luck

KMR - You should do an infopass appointment - I also thought my case was stuck - since I waited 90 something days and received no biometrics -I called every month then I made an infopass - the next day I had confirmation of biometrics appointment - after that things started moving along.

As for the online status - my has not changed - my I-485 is still in the acceptance stage and my I-130 is still in initial review.