Any April 2008 Filers?

Ineffective EAD

OK: It's all up to the manager I interviewed with. There are positions (and they are not with the U.S. government) that require the applicant to be either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident because they handle sensitive information that could potentially leak out of the company, and out of the country, and somewhere in the U.S. laws says that this is perfectly legal. It's not discrimination. So, we'll see. I am still being considered for a job that doesn't require U.S. person status, but they haven't called me yet.

So, to answer your doubts about the situation, from first hand experience I can tell you: yes, there are positions for which the EAD is useless :D

I did land a job in the aerospace industry... and I it makes me really MAD :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: to have to say: I'm sorry I can't take this great job because our bright people at homeland security can't process our cases soon enough...

I can't work until I get the actual G.C.! (Or at least in the job that I want.)

So, congratulations on getting your EAD's :D but beware that you can't use them everywhere!

Bummer!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation! I didn't know that could happen, I got couple of job offers and ended up accepting a governmental one without any problem regarding my immigration status. I understand your anger. But if I was you I would get a job for now and then you can always apply for the one you really want once you get your GC, hopefully soon.

Hanging there.

OK: It's all up to the manager I interviewed with. There are positions (and they are not with the U.S. government) that require the applicant to be either a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident because they handle sensitive information that could potentially leak out of the company, and out of the country, and somewhere in the U.S. laws says that this is perfectly legal. It's not discrimination. So, we'll see. I am still being considered for a job that doesn't require U.S. person status, but they haven't called me yet.

So, to answer your doubts about the situation, from first hand experience I can tell you: yes, there are positions for which the EAD is useless :D

I did land a job in the aerospace industry... and I it makes me really MAD :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: to have to say: I'm sorry I can't take this great job because our bright people at homeland security can't process our cases soon enough...

I can't work until I get the actual G.C.! (Or at least in the job that I want.)

So, congratulations on getting your EAD's :D but beware that you can't use them everywhere!

Thank you!

Thanks Rose!

I will try to get this "dream company" out of my head. But it's hard to set your mind on a target and miss it because of lack of documents :(

I am happy to know that mine is an "isolated" event and that you are able to work. I will try my best to find another thing for now.

I also wanted to let everyone know, in case someone else in my situation is not discouraged or as mad as I was 1 hour ago :D

I'm feeling better now :D :D

Have a nice weekend everyone!

P.S. I wish all of us interview letters before the end of the month!!!!

I'm so happy all the EADs are arriving. Congrats Bumblebee and Ella!

I did have my AP approved within 2-3 days of my case being resumed after the RFE. It was super fast... hope yours is approved soon, ml_boston.

Now we wait for interview dates... I finally got my California driver's license yesterday now that I have the EAD and SSN, makes me feel better after two years of driving very, very carefully with a foreign license!!! :shifty:

I got another update this evening saying my card production
ordered for the 15th. (Today) the same thing as what i got
on Tuesday. Should I forget the Tuesday LUD and just assume
its as of today.. :confused:

Bumblebee, my notification emails went:

EAD approved
EAD card production ordered (a few days after EAD approved)
EAD mailed (a few days after card production)

Bumblebee, my notification emails went:

EAD approved
EAD card production ordered (a few days after EAD approved)
EAD mailed (a few days after card production)

Hm. i wonder if tuesday's LUD was suppose to be the approval
then, it said card production ordered tho. Oh well i guess it
gets here when it gets here lol

Got the AP today. It never showed up in the online search. I was really hoping for an IL. Oh well, nothing but wait I guess.....

Yep, we're getting good at waiting. Just wondering... I know we're all still in the "normal" time frame, but it seems kind of strange that only one person in the April thread has an interview notice! Most of the other threads have a couple of people who wrap everything up and get the GC within 2-3 months. I thought at least some of us would be moving along by this point.

I did read something in the LA Times last week saying USCIS is re-arranging resources and prioritising naturalization cases because they want to clear their backlog before the election in November (so people can vote.) I think that's a noble goal... but if they're moving resources to the naturalization queue, chances are our GC queue is going to move a little slower :(

Yep, we're getting good at waiting. Just wondering... I know we're all still in the "normal" time frame, but it seems kind of strange that only one person in the April thread has an interview notice! Most of the other threads have a couple of people who wrap everything up and get the GC within 2-3 months. I thought at least some of us would be moving along by this point.

I did read something in the LA Times last week saying USCIS is re-arranging resources and prioritising naturalization cases because they want to clear their backlog before the election in November (so people can vote.) I think that's a noble goal... but if they're moving resources to the naturalization queue, chances are our GC queue is going to move a little slower :(

Yes, I saw many articles stating the priority is:
1) EAD applications due to the 90 day law
2) N-400 applications so people can vote before the election
3) everything else

This has been the priority since March 08. That said, (per the Boston Globe) the huge backlog of N-400 applications beating the summer 07 fee increase has cleared in most DOs. We're also doing a lot better now, if you look in the January forums, many interview dates were cancelled for 485 apps, so N-400 apps could take their place. That isn't happening any longer, and I think our wait is for all the rescheduled 485 interviews that were cancelled.

You're probably coming up soon. I have seen IL's come as early as 20 days after EAD approval (eg: happy4ever), so depending on your DO you could get yours any day now.

-ML

K1 -> I-485 -> I-751 -> N-400

Filing I-130/I-485 for parent:
DO: Santa Ana / SC: California Service Center

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC (NBC)
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)
7/29/08 - LUD I-485 - RFE sent out, case on hold
7/30/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still on hold for RFE)
8/04/08 - RFE received, request for tax return, 87 days to respond
8/05/08 - Sent RFE response to NBC (regular mail)
8/14/08 - LUD I-485 (RFE received, case processing has resumed)
8/15/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)
8/18/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)
8/18/08 - LUD I-765 - EAD approved / card production ordered
8/18/08 - LUD I-131 - AP approved / approval notice sent
8/19/08 - LUD I-131 (no change, still approval notice sent)

Last edited by a moderator:
So now that I got the AP I have a few questions. With the wait being this long I am starting to think that I won't have a GC by Christmas. My wife and I want to go back to my home country for a visit during the Christmas holidays. My passport expires 05/17/2009. My F-1 visa is expired as of July 2008. Can I simply go using the AP documents. Is the expiration date in the passport going to cause any problems? Any help would be great. THanks

Ap

So now that I got the AP I have a few questions. With the wait being this long I am starting to think that I won't have a GC by Christmas. My wife and I want to go back to my home country for a visit during the Christmas holidays. My passport expires 05/17/2009. My F-1 visa is expired as of July 2008. Can I simply go using the AP documents. Is the expiration date in the passport going to cause any problems? Any help would be great. THanks

mboss13 according to your dates you should be OK: the moment you filed for AOS you acquired a new status, but as long as your F-1 status was in order at the time you applied, you can use your AP to travel. I have done a lot of reading on this topic because I was planning on travelling myself, but in my case, I can't leave until my G.C. comes through. If you check the instructions in the application for I-131 you can be more certain about the conditions that apply and do not apply to you. The expiration on your passport shouldn't be a problem, unless you are planning to come back in May... ;)

Thanks Kirkland. I did call both USCIS and Border Patrol and they basicaly told me the same thing. I will aply for a new passport soon, but our embassy takes 4 months so probably will not be done till Christmas (that is when you want a biometric 10 year passport of course). They did tell me at the USCIS customer service that they are looking at about 6 months processing for IL to come out depending on the filling date for I-485 so according to that we might not see our IL till about October (it would be great if that was true) but with calling the USCIS customer service one never knows. Thanks again

Hi Guys, I wonder how many people who filed in April got their Interview letter..
And what's the time looks like now?

Thank you!

Il

Hi Guys, I wonder how many people who filed in April got their Interview letter..
And what's the time looks like now?

Thank you!

Not me, but now it seems that once you get it, the interview is 2 months after the date you receive the letter. Filers from January and February are getting it now, August, for interview in October.

I really miss the: "hey, congratulations on your .... (whatever you get.)" I hope we have another round of those really soon, as we all get IL's.

Still no interview letter for me either.. yea i hope we all start getting them soon.
It feels like we'll always be waiting for something lol.

Hope everyone is doing well...

Hi Guys,

I had my interview today. Below are the details of my interview and my timeline.

AOS
F1>H1>Married to a USC
DO> Sacramento, CA
Day Date Status
0 12-Apr-08 Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox
2 14-Apr-08 Received at USCIS
6 18-Apr-08 Notice of Application
9 21-Apr-08 Last Update
16 28-Apr-08 FP Notice
27 9-May-08 FP Apt
32 14-May-08 Last Update
66 17-Jun-08 EAD production ordered, AP approved
68 19-Jun-08 EAD production ordered, AP approved
73 24-Jun-08 Approval Notice Sent Online Update
74 25-Jun-08 Approval Notice Sent Online Update
75 26-Jun-08 EAD Received in Mail
79 30-Jun-08 Approval Notice Sent Online Update
80 1-Jul-08 Approval Notice Sent Online Update
93 14-Jul-08 Last Update
103 24-Jul-08 Interview Letter
136 26-Aug-08 Interview Date - Instantly Approved after interview (lasted barely 10 minutes). No stamp on passport, but was handed a simple printed letter stating the approval with the signature of the officer, which states i will get the green card in two weeks time.

Questions asked in 10 mintues time frame:
Where did we meet?
Was it a big wedding?
What did we do after the wedding?
Who attended the wedding?
Did we go for a honeymoon?
Have we met each other family?
Pictures, lease agreement, bills.
Any plans to travel?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great VincenzaPerlita. Congratulations! :)

I really hope the rest of us get interview notices soon. I felt a little disheartened when I realised half the January and February filers are still waiting on interview notices too!