Any April 2008 Filers?

Congrats VincenzaPerlita!
I honestly don't even expect my IL in September, since it took so long for my EAD, I'm prepared it would be similar with AOS. Too bad though, because I have a close family wedding in the end of December in my country and I won't be able to go :( I don't want to take a risk with AP (I overstayed my visa).
Oh well, all I can do now is wait.

27 9-May-08 FP Apt
93 14-Jul-08 Last Update

Congrats VincenzaPerlita,

Did you know what your 7/14 LUD was? Was it an "unexplained" no-update change on your I-485?

Typically these phantom LUDs represent fingerprint/background checks clearing. If the FBI is only taking 2 months that would be a huge improvement and would mean they're pretty much caught up on their backlog.

For those waiting on IL's, check the Citizenship forums to see the length of the interview queue. For example Sacramento's latest post got an interview 2 months after case receipt, which explains how VincenzaPerlita got through so fast.

-ML

K1 -> I-485 -> I-751 -> N-400

Now filing I-130/I-485 for parent...
DO: Santa Ana, CA

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC (NBC)
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)
7/29/08 - LUD I-485 - RFE sent out, case on hold
7/30/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still on hold for RFE)
8/04/08 - RFE received, request for tax return, 87 days to respond
8/05/08 - Sent RFE response to NBC (regular mail)
8/14/08 - LUD I-485 (RFE received, case processing has resumed)
8/15/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)
8/18/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)
8/18/08 - LUD I-765 - EAD approved / card production ordered
8/18/08 - LUD I-131 - AP approved / approval notice sent
8/19/08 - LUD I-131 (no change, still approval notice sent)
8/26/08 - AP received, multi entry valid for 1 year from 8/18/08

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!

Congrats VincenzaPerlita!
I honestly don't even expect my IL in September, since it took so long for my EAD, I'm prepared it would be similar with AOS. Too bad though, because I have a close family wedding in the end of December in my country and I won't be able to go :( I don't want to take a risk with AP (I overstayed my visa).
Oh well, all I can do now is wait.

Great news VincenzaPerlita! Congratulations!!!!

ella04: I know it sucks to be unable to travel, but hopefully you will be able to visit your family next December, and for sure you will be there for the next big event. I also can't leave the country until I get the G.C. but I got too optimistic and booked tickets for a trip in December: I'm starting to think I have wasted some $$$ in those :(

On the positive side, we all must be close to achieving perfect techniques on how to be patiently WATING. I don't think we'll have to wait sooooooo long for anything else in our lives.

Congrats again VincenzaPerlita, and good luck to the rest of us!

Thank you guys. It is a big relief, specially because it took 8 months of research for me to file all the paper work myself. This somehow makes me wonder, if this is what lawyers do after getting their costly degrees, for all those who filed everything by themselves, we should probably should go claim the honorary Law degree :)

I am not sure what the 7/14 LUD was, because there was no new message online, it still said "case pending". If i were to make an educated guess, based on the fact that i got my interview letter within 10 days after that, the LUD could have been for that purpose.

Thank you guys. It is a big relief, specially because it took 8 months of research for me to file all the paper work myself. This somehow makes me wonder, if this is what lawyers do after getting their costly degrees, for all those who filed everything by themselves, we should probably should go claim the honorary Law degree :)
I agree. We should get an honorary degree :)

I agree with you guys. We should get law degrees for filling these forms and dealing with USCIS on our own. As I was filling I almost wondered if I should look into getting one of those degrees. It can't be that hard.....

Enjoy the long weekend!

Let's hope that September brings more IL's that August did.

I finally received the official notice that my EAD will not allow me to join the company I chose to work for. So, now I am really anxious about getting this IL. I think I will take a break from job search: too many ups and downs!

Yeah i hope we all have more luck with the IL's in September too.
Been job hunting these past few days, have an interview next week.

I just got my interview letter in the mail! There was never an update on my case file online...

The big day is October 31! Yippee!!

Wishing everyone else interview notices soon!

I just got my interview letter in the mail! There was never an update on my case file online...

The big day is October 31! Yippee!!

Wishing everyone else interview notices soon!

Hey thats awesome! Congrats!! hope it all goes well.

Yea lets hope the rest of us get ours soon heh =)

Hi Guys, I wonder how many people who filed in April got their Interview letter..
And what's the time looks like now?

Thank you!

I got my interview letter during the 1st week in august for october 23. see my timeline below!!!

Congrats!

Congratulations Captainkit and bimori on your interview letters! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of us!

Congratulations!!!!!

Bimori, Captainkit: That is great news!!!! :D :D :D

I had an infopass today, and the good news are that both my background check and my name check are clear. The bad news: I will probably be the last April filer to get the IL: they are now sending the IL's from November/December. The IO told me that I should be looking @ December-February (worst case scenario.) :(

So in the meantime: good luck to all of you with your interviews, and do not forget to keep us posted on the experience.

Bumblebee: good luck with your job interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumblebee: good luck with your job interview.

Thanks, Kirkland.
I actually got the job. I had the interview last Saturday
then the next day they rang to say i got the job.

Today was my first day. I had no problems with using
my EAD card, but then my job is in retail so i didnt expect
to come across any problems.

Still no interview letter, but im happy to just wait.. i figure
it'll come when it gets here.

Goodluck to everyone!!

Hey guys - i got my interview letter a couple of weeks ago for the 29th sept. Strange question but I was wondering if it matters that my passport is going to expire in Dec. I heard in Reno once a guy say that your ID has to be 6 months valid. I have been trying to get a new one before the interview, but Qld BDM failed me, and I didn't expect the interview so soon. It is still valid, so it should be ok....right?

More congratulations!

To the new April filer with IL: aussieintahoe!!!!

You can use your driver's license as ID. And since your passport is still valid on the interview date is OK for ID purpose. Good luck!!!!

I got my actual driver's license today... I even like the photo! It's a lot more 'real' than the temporary paper one. I also have my first US credit card ;) I'm looking forward to the interview, Mr Captainkit and I are testing each other every day... I tease that he doesn't know where the cleaning products are, and he jokes that I don't know how much the mortgage payment is. There is probably some truth in both of these :p

Any IL letters anyone. There is somebody who filled in July who already got his and seems like most of us are still waiting....?

mboss13: nothing here. Do not worry so much about the other filers, unless they are under the same DO.
Everything depends on your DO. Mine is Seattle, and there are 4 of us (2 February, 1 March and 1 April filers) and for what I've seen only one person in February has just received the IL.

No interview letter here either. And I'm in Chicago, it shouldn't be too long, I worry a little, somebody from June has interview date already in Chicago...