Any April 2008 Filers?

No update on I-130 yet :(

Today it is going to be about 118th day from the receipt date. I still dont have any update on this case. The online msg still shows Case Received and pending :(

Please suggest me if any thing I can do to expedite this. I am tired of this waiting game now. First wait for GC then citizenship and now for father's GC !! Some of the people I know, said I-130 is usually very fast..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I-130 for father, Father is in India
-------------------------------------------------------------
April 5 2008: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
April 10: [Day 5 ] Receipt Date
April 11: [Day 6 ] Checks cashed
April 11: [Day 6 ] Online message - Case Received and Pending
April 11: [Day 6 ] Service center - Service center - Vermont

-------------------------------------------------------------

Got interview letter

Hey guys i got my interview letter today. Notice date was Aug 4th, my interview day is for october 23rd. i didnt expect it to be so far away, but i'm still happy got it.

No IL yet...

But I have been through a couple of interviews and I have one more tomorrow... these are job interviews though :D :D

I'm glad to report that regardless of what happens tomorrow I already have a job offer and will be using the EAD: I will let you know how it works out.

It's nice to see that people are getting IL's; however, I don't see anyone from Seattle getting anything (and it's been a while...)

Rose uw are you thinking of asking for infopass to check on your status? I can't do it because I have not waited long enough: you, on the other hand, have not heard from them in 3 months...

Post Office disaster... my RFE letter returned to NBC, and hold everything up for more than a month...

I recieved the email: Card Production Ordered..
I am soo relieved I finally got it... :D

Congrats on the EAD!

I had recieved an RFE asking for the same thing, so i sent back all the tax documents, then i recieved another RFE asking for copies of original 1040's.. i ended up calling IRS and asking them for transcripts for my husbands past 3 tax returns.. you could try just sending in transcripts?? From what others have said, transcripts have been more successful.

It wasn't clear by the above - did you send back the transcripts the second time around? (three days seems to short to get them from the IRS)

Did you RFE say the EAD was on hold until the evidence was received? (mine did) If so, then I assume whatever you responded with was sufficient the second time around.

Also, in your timeline when you said RFE was received: Was that the LUD date saying it was received? Or was it the delivery confirmation date? I'm concerned as I don't have an LUD yet...

-ML

K1 -> I-485 -> I-751 -> N-400

Filing I-130/I-485 for parent:
DO: Santa Ana / SC: California Service Center

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC (NBC)
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)
7/29/08 - LUD I-485 - RFE sent out, case on hold
7/30/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still on hold for RFE)
8/04/08 - RFE received, request for tax return, 87 days to respond
8/05/08 - Sent RFE response to NBC (regular mail)

Hey ML,
Yea i sent the transcripts the second time around, the irs officer faxed them to my husband. so we got the transcripts right away.
Yes it did say that on my rfe, my ead was on hold until they recieve the evidence. i guess the transcripts were sufficient.
The second time round, it was just the delivery confirmation of when it arrived at NBC. I never recieved an LUD saying they recieved it and case resumed. (only the 1st rfe)
I wouldnt worry too much just yet.. give it a couple more weeks and if u still havnt heard anything, then you can always make an infopass. I was thinking of doing that if i hadnt heard anything by next week. I'm sure you'll hear something soon. Its just going slow at the moment. Goodluck!

Thanks Bumblebee, one more question: Did you apply for an I-131 (advance parole)?

captainkit got the AP a few days after the case resumed email. I'm trying to figure out whether I should expect one any day now. If you're still waiting on yours, then there's probably some new I-131 backlog.

-ML

No, i didnt apply for I-131. I figured i probably wouldnt need it, dont have any plans to travel just yet... not for a couple of years anyway. Yeah i noticed captainkit got hers approved pretty quickly, which is awesome for her cos i know she has plans to travel. Keep an eye out for yours, cos i reckon that'll get approved first.

Ead

No, i didnt apply for I-131. I figured i probably wouldnt need it, dont have any plans to travel just yet... not for a couple of years anyway. Yeah i noticed captainkit got hers approved pretty quickly, which is awesome for her cos i know she has plans to travel. Keep an eye out for yours, cos i reckon that'll get approved first.

Congrats on the EAD BumbleBee76!
I assume that if you are not travelling you'll be in the job market pretty soon: I just want to let you know that while filling out the forms required for my new job I have run into a small obstacle: some positions (all the ones I have interviewed for) require you to be a US person-only permanent residents or citizens are US persons. I have to call HR to see what to do in this case. Good luck!

Thanks Kirkland.

So if some places dont accept the EAD, then what is the point of it?
Let me know how it goes when you contact HR. I'm interested to see what
Human Resources would have to say.
Once I get my SSN im going to start looking for a job, as ive noticed
some places will only let you fill out applications with one.

How is your job hunting going?? Have you found a job yet?

I wonder if the reason they won't take EAD is because they might be offering a long term job, and wanted to make sure there a stability on your side, not that every year will be wheather or not you will have the EAD renwed.
Just a thought!.

Strange - my company's HR's hiring/interview policies say it is illegal to discriminate based on the type of USCIS work authorization. They say it's illegal (can lead to discrimination lawsuits) if candidates are asked anything other than "can you work legally without sponsorship...."

But I've also seen many posts saying some companies don't take EAD's... anyone here familiar with the particulars around these laws?

-ML

8/14/08 - LUD I-485 (RFE received, case processing has resumed)

(edit to fix the 8/14 update - thanks Bumblebee)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i think it should be illegal to descriminate against someone who only holds a EAD.
I mean, that is why we fill out the I-765, and wait however many days to have it approved, im hoping i wont come across that problem.

ML.. I noticed your time line in another thread that your case has been resumed,
thats cool, now it shouldnt be long and you'll get your EAD too!! =)

Thank you BumbleBee!!! I guess all we have to do now is wait for our IL! Well, and look for a job... ;)

Yeah. Another waiting game, but its all good.. we'll all be busy
looking for a job, that the IL's will come before we know it.

Just wondering how many April filers have recieved their IL's already??