Almost 7 weeks after approval. No card arrived yet. What do I do?

Strange message

I got an email from USCIS. What does it mean? The local office that interviewed us told us they have sent our approved cases to California Service Center. But now I got this message.What does it mean? They are going to send the card? or they are making a mistake? Thanks for your advice. Joe

This is the message:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:
On November 2, 2005, your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking
between 270 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will
mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

Last edited by a moderator:
nicejoe

Nicejoe said:
I got an email from USCIS. What does it mean? The local office that interviewed us told us they have sent our approved cases to California Service Center. But now I got this message.What does it mean? They are going to send the card? or they are making a mistake? Thanks for your advice. Joe

This is the message:

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

It means your local office has transferred the entire file to the Service Center. Within the next week or two you will get the card in your hands. This is exactly what happened to me for EAD, when my EAD was transferred from TSC to ADO. After I got my interim EAD at ADO, Atlanta transferred to Missouri Service Center (MSC). I didn't know that until I got my card, which had MSC in its notice. All that I knew that ADO had transferred to SOME SERVICE CENTER was when I saw a similar message as yours for my EAD.

So, you have enough reason to be cheerful about.

It seems like a good news. But we have to see what will happen next. I will keep you guys informed. Thanks! Joe

Just let you guys know. I got another email from USCIS saying: My green card has been ordered. Now, I know receipt number does not change when I-485 approved. Thanks. Joe

Thanks for the update, Nicejoe. Looks like this is another typical USCIS thing: illogical and unpredictable. Some transferred cases never saw any online update (even after receiving GC) and came with a new receipt number, and yet you got something different. Guess there is no rule here but to continue to wait patiently...

I made a inquiry on 26th Oct.My message has not changed nor have I have received any reply so far from the INS.

keep calling

Keep calling Customer Service, and try to get through an officer. They are very helpful. My card got lost in the mail, they found it and sent it back. First time I can say they did something right.....

I called them more than 5 times, the wait is long but its worth it...

My card was ordered last week, still waiting for the card. I-485 approval letter was sent out from Service Center yesterday even I got one from the local office. Hopefully, my long journey will be finished this week.
Joe

Hey guys! Could you please help me with the I-485 green card? I got question about it

Hello,

If you guys could help I would greatly appriciate it.

On November 2, 2005, I got this message on USCIS site:

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it really takes 270 to 300 days cause I can't wait that long, I need to get a job. The USCIS has been working on ir for over two years. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks guys

Got "Welcome Notice" at last - Notice & Card sent to "Wrong" Address for 1 month

OK, not only was my approval dramatic, now the receipt of my plastic card is also going to be dramatic.

I called Customer Service one more time today. The first level guy read the online thing that says mine is still awaiting Interview. Then he was caught by surprise when I told him that I got mine approved. He asked me to read it. I read it. HE said, "Sir, you may well not be approved." And he started saying utter nonsense. I told him politely that I need to talk to an Immigration Officer. He put me through to the next level Customer Service Rep. She immediately understood that I am an approved LPR who neither got his I-181 or his Plastic Card. She put me through to a Texas Service Center Officer, and it took 45 minutes on hold. This Officer at TSC spoke very calmly and nicely.

He took my A# and then punched it in and then after confirming my name, he was shocked and told me, "Your mail has been returned with the Plastic card 3 times!!! It was sent on October 12th, returned on October 17th and again mailed on November 4th and returned back on November 7th and again it is now mailed on November 8th and if you want to try your luck grab your postman." I verified with him and he had the right address in the system. I was thoroughly appalled. The only way this could happen is if these folks would send my notice and card to some "valid address that doesn't belong to me." Because my postperson knows me fully well and always delivers stuff, even when people send stuff to my address that was valid 3 years ago.

So, I come home and bingo, I got I-181 -- WELCOME NOTICE -- in mail. I open it and see that these folks had sent it to a totally different address in a different corner of Atlanta. I never ever lived in this address...ever!!. Moreover, I haven't changed my address for the past 2.5 years!!!! They have mailed this on OCTOBER 12 and the post office has returned back saying "RETURN TO SENDER ATTEMPTED NOT KNOWN". Now, from what the officer had told me, they kept attempting this again and again. After the second unsuccessful attempt some unknown good-Samaritan at the TSC has bothered to look into my address in their system and generated a sticky-note with my actual address, GOT a new cover and pasted on it and it doesn't end here. Wait. This person has then took that old window-envelope that made these many round-trips and stapled it together with my I-181 to show me what had happened and then has mailed it to my right address

However, I haven't received my Green-Card (Plastic) yet. It could come in tomorrow's mail. The million dollar question is, if some good-samaritan had bothered to generate my correct address and print it in an address label, affix it in a new envelope and then mail it to my correct address!! If so, I will have my Plastic card tomorrow.

Else, my perpetual wait will painfully continue as the card will have been returned back to TSC for the 4TH time now :(

Can somebody please explain what this means? Thanks to my I-181 that has a new SRC number (my old SRC number for I-485 still says that I am transferred to ADO for interview), my current online status says this:

Application Type: I181, CREATION OF RECORD OF LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENCE

Current Status:

On November 8, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

What does this mean? It doesn't say the CARD WAS MAILED. I am concerned.

Relax

It means the card was mailed. For me it took less than a week from the date I got my I-181 to get the plastic.

Spartakus

Thanks

spartakus said:
It means the card was mailed. For me it took less than a week from the date I got my I-181 to get the plastic.

Spartakus

In my case, both my I-181 and my Plastic Card are doing rounds for the past 30 days. Both of them were sent to an address where I never resided and were getting returned back to Texas. I got my I-181 yesterday. Today I went to the post office in search of the mail that would have my plastic. Alas, little did I know that it was my day today -- Veterans' Day. :) Postal Holiday!!

Got my Green-Card Plastic today!

I got my green-card plastic today. It had the WRONG address at the top, where I had never ever resided. In the bottom, it had the RIGHT address that somebody had printed out and pasted and on top of it made sure that it didn't peel off by affixing a cello-tape over it. However, this label too had my first name wrongly spelt.

Luckily my Plastic card has the right information.

This brings a happy ending to my journey. It started on 03/01/2001 and has ended here on 11/12/2005.

Hey guys could you help me? I have a question about I485 green card/ Thanks a lot

Hello,

If you guys could help I would greatly appriciate it.

On November 2, 2005, I got this message on USCIS site:

to Adjust Status

Current Status:

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it really takes 270 to 300 days cause I can't wait that long, I need to get a job. The USCIS has been working on ir for over two years. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks guys

It's all different per individual case. Mine was approved within 6 months, but my friends have been waiting for more than a year(they are not retrogressed) and there are some people waitng even more than 2 years. So, you can not predict.

If you get EAD, you can work.

I got my physical card a week ago. I thank God and all the friends here. Wish you all well.

Joe