Almost 7 weeks after approval. No card arrived yet. What do I do?

Nicejoe

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks:
My case was approved, and I-551 was stamped almost 7 weeks ago. But still no card arrives yet. I wonder how long it will take California Service Center to mail the card out?

Hong long I have to wait before I need to stop by at local USCIS? My case was approved my local USCIS. Anything elso I can do?

Also, USCIS local office didn't take our I-94s when we got stamped. What do I do with it?

Thank you all for your support.
Joe

4 weeks - no card yet from TSC

Nicejoe said:
Anyone please suggest? Thanks! Joe
It has been 4 weeks (3 days short) and I haven't received mine from Texas Service Center ( TSC ). Did you call 1-800 number if it had been 30 days or more and if you did not receive the Welcome Notice until then?

I called I800 number. They told me my case wa not updated in the databas. I was told to contact local office where my case was approved. I will go there this week. Let you know.

Joe

8 week no caar yet

Hey,

Its 8 weeks and I didnt receive my card yet fromVSC. But yesterday my LUD changed. So I hope Its on the way.

Status message didnt change but....

Bye
Laks

Hi folks:
Just for your information. We went to USCIS local office today. They told us that they have sent our file to California Service Center after our cases were approved in the local office. California Service Center will update the database and order the physical card. It seems like this the procedure: If interviewed at local office, local office approves the case -> Send file to Service Center-> Sevice Center update the system and mail the physical card. Reading the form g-731c section B: 8 seems confirms it too.

We will see what will happen next. Next week, once 60 days after approval up, we will file either g-731 or I-90 to get the card on time. We have parents overseas, we may travel a lot. Without a card, it is very inconvenient. Any feedback? Thanks!

Joe

This is just my own opinion, not a legal advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course having the physical card is much better than the stamp, but saying "Without a card, it is very inconvenient" is...well... Forget about it.

Several persons from the I-485 forums mentioned that when they received the cards after local interview, they noticed that there was a new receipt number assigned to the case by the regional center. It means when the center receive an approved case from local office, they give a new case number to it which is different from the original 485 case number. This is also why in most cases people don't see change in online status after local approval, because the old case number doesn't work anymore. --This is what I learned from this forum and I don't know how true it is. When you were at the local office, were you told anything like this?

Anyway, thanks for the information!

I was not told about receipt number change. The officer searched by case by Alien number. I will let you guys informed once I file g-731c. Thanks!

Joe
This is just my opinion, not a legal advice

Mine also case was approved by the Local dallas office and I have not received the card even after 7 months and my status is the same. Unless the INS system does not show as approved they will not mail the card. Now my file has gone back to Vermont, I have made a request there, still no answer from them. I did not receive any formal letter regarding my approval. Just my passport was stamped.

To dkmar

I did nto recieve my card for six months after the interview so what I did, I scheduled an infopass and went to the local office and guess what? my file and my family's were sent by mistake to the storage unit. It took me the whole day there and the officer was very nice and helpful, he sent emails and called and after 4 hours he got a response and they transferred the files to TSC, 2 weeks after that we got a receipt for I-181 and a week after that we got the plastic.

After an interview at local office forget about your original I-485 receipt, they don not update it, you have to track it using the SRC # for the I-181 (Notice of Permanent Resident Record Creation).

Hope this help you and others.

Spartakus

Thank you Spartakus:
This is good information to know for many of us. What does SRC# stands for ? The immigration officer told me that our files was transferred to California Service Center on Sep 8th. I guess everything should be OK unless.... Thanks again. Joe

I got a mail from USCIS stating that they have mailed my card. So, that would be really end of the journey.

Best of luck to everybody :)

Nicejoe

SRC# is the receipt #, I think you are fine but wait two weeks and if you do not recieve an I-181 notice go to the local office and check.

Spartakus

I just got my Green Card in the mail today. My interview was approved on August 23rd. So it took 67 days. Patience .. it will arrive eventually.

BTW .. the case # must have changed since I can't bring it up on the web site.

Good Luck

30th day today. Interview on 04/2005 at Atlanta ( ADO ) and approval on 09/30/2005 in Atlanta. Traveled out of the US on 10/1 to India and came back on 10/10 with Port of Entry being Atlanta. No card yet and no update on the online status.

FYI.

Did anyone else receive the I-181 receipt like spartakus did? From what I read, it seems that the overwhelming majority of the people on this forum didn't receive or didn't mention the receipt. Anyone?...

We never received Welcome letter. We just got a approval letter from local office where we got interviewed. Anyway, I keep you all updated. Relax, we all should be fine.
Joe

Same here!!!

Nicejoe said:
We never received Welcome letter. We just got a approval letter from local office where we got interviewed. Anyway, I keep you all updated. Relax, we all should be fine. Joe

I too received no 'Welcome Letter.' I got an approval letter that was typed on behalf of the Director, Atlanta District Office, but bearing the signature of the Officer who approved my file. Online status was never updated and I haven't gotten the physical card yet.