• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Thanks @ZGREAT! That is an already rich list. @rolex123, in addition to the list from ZGREAT, don't also forget to take some kilos of Dirkosh to stay with some real Enjera flavor for months (you can get dirkosh that is ready and packed from Baltina stores, for example from a small Baltina store at 4kilo in front of AAU Science Campus). Durkosh firfir for weekend breakfast is what I always enjoy when I am abroad.

ZEGREAT, by the way I thought you were transiting through JFK but looks you are still in NYC. Are you going to settle in/around New York City?
I have not yet decided but for some time i will be around new jersy , secaucus

hi guys is AOS really necessary and is there someone who were asked to show one at the embassy for the interview ? and my second question is I said I don't have any work experience when I filled up the DS260 form I thought I can be qualified with a degree and I was taking a graduate class as a full time however after following this forum I know that work experience will support my case so is it possible for me to take it to the embassy after I said I don't have one ?

That will not be acceptable as it has no indication of what his status is in the U.S. The acceptable ID has to be either a copy of his U.S. passport (if he's a U.S. citizen), GC, or his international passport showing both the picture/informational page and the printed visa on it.
Thanks a lot @Sm1smom !!! So then in my case, its going to be copy of his passport showing picture and the printed visa on it as he is in his H1B visa .

Congratulations to @gere , @Fikir12 , @the251 for the 2NL. Take your time and go through the forum discussions page by page. You will get all the necessary tips for preparation.
The251, I don't remember any one in the forum who is asked for AOS at US Embassy in Addis this year. However, if you can get it why not because we learned that they ask this document in other embassies. Over preparation will not harm. Regarding education, you normally qualify with authenticated 12th grade ESLCE exam result certificate (not with the degrees). But you can take all related degrees you have with you. For the work experience, it is not necessary to qualify but they will ask you what you do to live and who paid your fee at the embassy and that is when you may need to talk about your job. In general, I advise to give genuine answer that can be proved if necessary. Good Luck

I have not yet decided but for some time i will be around new jersy , secaucus
@ZGREAT thanks. As I will also be staying, in Philly, very near to New Jersey, New York and DC, housing rents must be similar. If you are already in the market, please let me know what you learn about house renting and its rate for a 2 or 3 bed room house or apartment in a relatively safe area that is convenient to live in with children.

Dear @Fikir12 , @the251 , @gere
Congratulations for 2nl, hope all of you done civil document preparation except medical and police certficate.
From my experience better to start medical process as early as possible, becuase after the examination sending medical result may take 10-12days, and you only have less than five weeks (33days )before the interview day.
What about @abi328 2nl?
wish you all the best mates.

Last edited:
sorry for being late to announce the acceptance of 2NL; interview is on june 01; by the way I am planning to translate birth certificate at a place near stadium(A.A): u can share us if u fellow winners have experience with this regard