• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hello dears, sorry for the belated detail. My interview went like this.

We arrived at the embassy at 12:30 (6:30 local time) and went through the usual security check. Once we enter to the interview room, the receptionist marked our document for a queue number and told us to wait until our number is called. Accordingly, I sat and started to hear for my number to be called while my wife was looking after the children in the playing ground.

The same receptionist called my number and told me to go to window 4. I went and submitted those documents I was requested to bring a week before, i.e DS-260 and Medical confirmation for my infant and passport of all the family members. The guy (Ethiopian) at the window collected the documents and told me to wait for my name to be called in one of the windows.

After some time (approximately one & half hour) my name has been called to window 8 and the interview has commenced:

CO: Good afternoon.

Me: thank u

CO: How many children do you have?

Me: Two

CO: is this your first marriage?

Me: No, this is my second marriage [he then started to check my divorce certificate issued on the first marriage].

CO: What about your current wife?

Me: She is in her first marriage.

CO: What is your job?

Me: Grant Manager.

CO: For which company are you working?

Me: xxx

CO: Where do you get your grants?

Me: Mostly from NIH (National Institute of Health)

CO: You mean the NIH of USA?

Me: Yes

CO: Go pay for all of you (333usd*4) and get back to me

Me: Did the same and submitted the receipt.

CO: What source did you use to pay the VISA fee?

Me: Personal Saving

CO: What is your relationship with your sponsor?

Me: He is my intimate friend

CO: Call your wife

Me: Called her and she gave a finger print, no question towards her at all.

CO: Congratulations your visa has been approved. Send this (the yellow paper) to your sponsor and tell him to pay the fee (USCIS) before you depart. Get registered to DHL and collect your passport in a week time.

Me: told him that I have already registered and left

On top of this, please be aware that I have had three unsuccessful student VISA applications some four years before. And at that time I was in my first marriage. So, on the basis of such facts it may be fair to make note of two things:

1 – it is mandatory to submit divorce certificates if one is not in his/her first marriage

2. it seems like that previous VISA denial do not have any impact on the current DV application, at least

in my case.

Finally I would like to thank all forum mates for sharing your experiences. I remain open for your inquiries of further explanation.
Congrats man,tell the flight attendant podolski is on his way too.he he he he

We arrived at the embassy at 12:30 (6:30 local time) and went through the usual security check. Once we enter to the interview room, the receptionist marked our document for a queue number and told us to wait until our number is called. Accordingly, I sat and started to hear for my number to be called while my wife was looking after the children in the playing ground.

The same receptionist called my number and told me to go to window 4. I went and submitted those documents I was requested to bring a week before, i.e DS-260 and Medical confirmation for my infant and passport of all the family members. The guy (Ethiopian) at the window collected the documents and told me to wait for my name to be called in one of the windows.

After some time (approximately one & half hour) my name has been called to window 8 and the interview has commenced:

Me: No, this is my second marriage [he then started to check my divorce certificate issued on the first marriage].

CO: Congratulations your visa has been approved. Send this (the yellow paper) to your sponsor and tell him to pay the fee (USCIS) before you depart. Get registered to DHL and collect your passport in a week time.

On top of this, please be aware that I have had three unsuccessful student VISA applications some four years before and at that time I was in my first marriage. So, on the basis of such facts it may be fair to make note of two things:

1 – it is mandatory to submit divorce certificates if one is not in his/her first marriage

2 - it seems like that previous VISA denial do not have any impact on the current DV application, at least

in my case.

Finally I would like to thank all forum mates for sharing your experiences. I remain open for your inquiries of further explanation.

On top of this, please be aware that I have had three unsuccessful student VISA applications some four years before and at that time I was in my first marriage. So, on the basis of such facts it may be fair to make note of two things:

2 - it seems like that previous VISA denial do not have any impact on the current DV application, at least

in my case.

thanks a lot for the detail ; I was stressing about my past B1visa denial am kinda relived now thanks !

in my case.

Congratulations!!

in my case.

Congratulations on your successful interview and good luck with the move.

I feel a need to make further clarification on this statement though:

it seems like that previous VISA denial do not have any impact on the current DV application, at least in my case.

Most of the times a NIV denial does not impact the outcome of an IV interview mainly because the NIV denial is based on the feeling that the petitioner has not demonstrated enough ties to their home country and is likely to have undeclared/preconceived immigrant intent.

If the basis of the NIV denial is on the grounds of possibly becoming a public charge or for medical reasons (of course this is rare) and the petitioner is still unable to overcome these issues when applying for an IV like the DV based one, that petition will still be denied.

in my case.

Congratulations dear Bro. God is good.

Dear forum mates when I goggle dv2015 winners Facebook I just found one post, which says about receiving mail from kcc for his inquiry of visa appointment , his case number is 279xxx from Djibouti current on April , and kcc respond with mail notifying his appointment date, time and place before they send the 2nl , even they put the duration when he is going to receive second notification through mail. (7-10Days).
I think After being current it is possible to know the exact date of interview before receiving the second notification letter.
See the attachment mail they sent to him posted on dv2015 winners Facebook.kcc reply.jpg

Dear forum mates when I goggle dv2015 winners Facebook I just found one post, which says about receiving mail from kcc for his inquiry of visa appointment , his case number is 279xxx from Djibouti current on April , and kcc respond with mail notifying his appointment date, time and place before they send the 2nl , even they put the duration when he is going to receive second notification through mail. (7-10Days).
I think After being current it is possible to know the exact date of interview before receiving the second notification letter.
See the attachment mail they sent to him posted on dv2015 winners Facebook.View attachment 377

That is rare that they do that. Please don't everyone do that. Imagine if hundreds or thousands of people email them asking for appointment details that are coming out in a few days anyway. That is extra workload which slows down the 2NL process for everyone. These appointments are for APRIL. it won't kill anyone to wait a few days to find out their appointment....

in my case.

congratulations @Ebro your detail interview post and medical experience will help family winners a lot on new derivatives issue and how to prepare well for CO's possible questions.
thanks again for the post may god bless you and your beloved family.

in my case.

@Ebro well done. Congrats!!!

If you plan to travel in the month of February and march using ethiopian airline, you can have another 23kgs per person as a promotional price(other than 46kgs laggage)

If you plan to travel in the month of February and march using ethiopian airline, you can have another 23kgs per person as a promotional price(other than 46kgs laggage)
Extra luggage is good but don't forget to compare their ticket prices with other airliners. Ethiopian price is mostly exaggerated.