• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Wawoooo that is Great!! Thanks God everything is going as planned. Thank you all in the forum for your follow and advise on my ups and downs about the six month limit and medical examination date. We just received our visa and the date is August 3, exactly six month from the date of printing.
Remark: August 3 is about nine month from the date we had our medical examination. Can we conclude medical documents in Ethiopia have at least 9 month validity?
yes! big thumbs up, now I understood to the fullest about medical examination and six month limit , but don't be lost from the forum bro.

Wawoooo that is Great!! Thanks God, everything is going as planned. Thank you all in the forum for your follow up and advise on my ups and downs about the six month limit and medical examination date. We just received our visa and the date is August 3, exactly six month from the date of printing.
Remark: August 3 is about nine month from the date we had our medical examination. Can we conclude medical documents in Ethiopia have at least 9 month validity?

That's good news, and it basically confirmed what I posted earlier about the medical exam being valid for one year except in cases where a medical issue is discovered at the time of the medical exam, which would have reduced the validity period. Regardless of the one year validity period, the issued visa will never be valid for more than six months. Congratulations.

Wawoooo that is Great!! Thanks God, everything is going as planned. Thank you all in the forum for your follow up and advise on my ups and downs about the six month limit and medical examination date. We just received our visa and the date is August 3, exactly six month from the date of printing.
Wawwwww
Congrats @MB1xxx. It is great relief.

We picked up our passport with visa. As mom said the visa expiry date does not solely depend on medical. Our interview was in the month of January, visa was printed in February and visa expiry is exactly 6 months from visa print date. But surely medical expiry date has some contribution.

After long waiting, as painful as waiting 2NL, I finally picked up my passport.
As I had learnt from previous experiences, I was supposed to get it maximum of a week after my interview date, January 14/2015. It took too long unusually.
Anyways I'm relaxed now. Thank God.
congrats sis ; you are almost done with the up and downs ; left with being GREEN ; good luck on your location !!

shalom

congrats
what a relief

now tell your son to study hard ; he never know how much you have been hanging in suspense !! lol

all the best

Thank you all for sharing our happiness on receiving our visa with appropriate duration. Had the six month limit from medical examination date was applied, It would have costed me something like 100k+ Birr additional ticket fee for the shuttle the family should have make between NY and Addis. That is why it was a suspense.
Congrats to all who become current with April VB less 22550 for Eth.

We picked up our passport with visa. As mom said the visa expiry date does not solely depend on medical. Our interview was in the month of January, visa was printed in February and visa expiry is exactly 6 months from visa print date. But surely medical expiry date has some contribution.
Congra @ayanag. We spent long horrible days by waiting our passports back. What a long January!
We finally made it. I feel you guys.

One technical point for those who have family. I thought all documents of the family are processed at the DHL in one packet and I made a single DHL registration by the name of the principal winner. But I was wrong. Even though the DHL office received all our passports and documents, they handed us only documents of the principal winner who has been registered and, for the rest, they requested us to register by the name of each family member. We did that yesterday evening, it then went through the embassy system and we received the pickup instruction from the embassy by the name of every member this afternoon (24 hours after documents and passport of the principal was Received).
Though not a serious problem, to avoid such inconvenience, everybody with family please note this remark.

congrats for all who got current !

April vb for Ethiopia 22550
finally I am current for April feeling happy but I am just praying for the 2nl between ten to 15dasy , if my update for passport and other minor issues during the unlock back in October 17 did not put me on further background checks.
pray mates .