• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

I think it's already too late to include you with an interview that's already scheduled for Jan 5th and in view of the fact that she's getting interviewed in a foreign country where you're not even based. The CO is bound to get highly suspicious of your relationship IMO. She just has to go as scheduled.

I thank you all for taking time and reply. I have now decided to let the interview take place and make the marriage afterwards. as you advised me, she will mention our relationship on the interview and see what they have to say about it. thanks!

I thank you all for taking time and reply. I have now decided to let the interview take place and make the marriage afterwards. as you advised me, she will mention our relationship on the interview and see what they have to say about it. thanks!
Hi Syda, your final decision sounds safe but, just in case it gives some idea, let me tell you the case of one of my daughters who crossed the age of 18 (she is 19). During our interview which we had in November (fmily of 5), she was asked if she agrees not to get married before traveling to US and also asked to sign a paper (an already existing form) for the purpose. It seems to me that, after DV visa is granted, marriage before entering the US is discouraged.
Good Luck

Hi Syda, your final decision sounds safe but, just in case it gives some idea, let me tell you the case of one of my daughters who crossed the age of 18 (she is 19). During our interview which we had in November (fmily of 5), she was asked if she agrees not to get married before traveling to US and also asked to sign a paper (an already existing form) for the purpose. It seems to me that, after DV visa is granted, marriage before entering the US is discouraged.
Good Luck

No that is because she was a derivative to start with. This is a case of a principal wanting to add a spouse. If your daughter as a derivative had been married she would have been ineligible for a derivative visa as children must be unmarried. This is a different situation.

No that is because she was a derivative to start with. This is a case of a principal wanting to add a spouse. If your daughter as a derivative had been married she would have been ineligible for a derivative visa as children must be unmarried. This is a different situation.
Ok, got it SusieQQ! Thanks.

Yep, that is correct.

The address for my green card reception and that of my sponsor is different does that pose any problem?
I have similar question. I am planing to give another address when arriving at the PoE for receiving the GC. The new address will be our destination in different state from that of our host (from Washington DC to PA). Is that possible? Thanks.

The address for my green card reception and that of my sponsor is different does that pose any problem?

If interviewing at an embassy that uses the host factor to determine an applicant is less likely to become a public charge, showing a different address from that of the said host at the time of the interview could cause a problem. The assumption is that one will initially be staying with the host.

I have similar question. I am planing to give another address when arriving at the PoE for receiving the GC. The new address will be our destination in different state from that of our host (from Washington DC to PA). Is that possible? Thanks.

In your case, changing your address at the POE is not a problem, you've already gone past the stage of the interview and already have your visa. The IO at the POE isn't going to bother about an address change at that point.

In your case, changing your address at the POE is not a problem, you've already gone past the stage of the interview and already have your visa. The IO at the POE isn't going to bother about an address change at that point.
Sm1smom, thanks as usual!

Thank you so much guys for the hopes ... comments .... !!! But I have finally decided to stay in the ' risk free - fear zone ' of mine , hoping for my fiance to join me in the looong process as I really really don't want 'the probability of spoiling the chance' .
Thank you all again !

@Sm1smom I need ur kind saying on this :
-the address I filled up on ds-260 is my best friend's sister Massachusetts
-the place we want to go to my sister in law Texas , she just moved last September that's why I did not put her address before she settled.
-the sponsor I got is from my old mate lives in Maryland .
-I ask this question before , but I am a bit confused if i answer to host question 'telling the truth principle' that our host is my sister in law address which is not even exist on ds-260.

thanks in advance

@Sm1smom I need ur kind saying on this :
-the address I filled up on ds-260 is my best friend's sister Massachusetts
-the place we want to go to my sister in law Texas , she just moved last September that's why I did not put her address before she settled.
-the sponsor I got is from my old mate lives in Maryland .
-I ask this question before , but I am a bit confused if i answer to host question 'telling the truth principle' that our host is my sister in law address which is not even exist on ds-260.

thanks in advance

Since your sister-in-law is your host, then update the information at the time of your interview. Simply tell them you wish to change the address listed on your DS-form to a new one. Since they usually do not ask you guys to present an affidavit of support in Ethiopia and they go by the host system, you should be fine.

But if the CO requests to see an affidavit, which I understand is being provided to you by your friend who resides in Maryland, and your friend has indicated under the "Intend/Do not Intend" section that they will be providing you with lodging and feeding etc, then the CO will certainly have a problem with the information you're providing. So it really depends on what the friend has stated on the affidavit.

hello folks

January is on the verge :I have a feeling that it will be a month of success for all going for interview ;

but apart from God is love ; no body have told us what they are up to :

tell us your status : ready or pending

have a great Friday

hello folks

January is on the verge :I have a feeling that it will be a month of success for all going for interview ;

but apart from God is love ; no body have told us what they are up to :

tell us your status : ready or pending

have a great Friday
Ya. @ZGREAT is right. Specially those who have gotten difficulties on documents preparation can request an advice here. Those who successfully complete preparation can share their experiences so that those who haven't completed yet can learn.