afraid of dead people... am I the only one who is scheduled to take oath at cemetery?

agree with ya. Laughing Out Loud:D

it is interesting why they schedule it to be held in a cemetery? aren't there any other places???

that's what I was thinking... but there are now 5 other members of this forum
scheduled for oat at Arlington Cemetery on the same day as I, so I guess
it's alright. :)

that's what I was thinking... but there are now 5 other members of this forum
scheduled for oat at Arlington Cemetery on the same day as I, so I guess
it's alright. :)

LOL :)
as long as u get the papers, I guess it will be ok even inside of grave :D

I am scared of horror movies and dead people too, but i woudn't mind to go to the cemetery on day time.

Good luck guys:)

You won't be standing on the gravesite. You should be honored to be naturalized at Arlingtong. I would be. Maybe because we are military. Anyway ... look at this link http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/photo_gallery/index.html .... there is pictures from above. You'll see that Arlington is not just a cementary meaning just graves. If you for example click on Views from above and picture 18 you see there is a place called Memorial Amphitheater.
I wonder though well if you bring your Green Card that is a picture ID. Usually on Military Cementary's you don't need it because they are usually already on Military Bases but I am not sure if Arlington is a Base. At every Military Base you need a picture ID, proof of insurance and registration for your vehicle to get onto the Base. I will ask around and see if Arlington has the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, George Romero would have a field day with this! I can already imagine a new zombie flick...."a group of new citizens taking their naturalization oath are attacked by the walking dead...this summer in theaters everywhere".:D

All jokes aside, however, Arlington Cemetery is the final resting place for those who have at some point of their lives risked everything to protect this country and everything it stands for. It is indeed a very special honor to be sworn in there.

Rameshwari:

When is your OD?

Could you post your experience, including how to get there, how much earlier should one get there, where (in which building, which area) is the swearing-in administered, etc.

Mine is scheduled next week too at Arlington Cemetery.

Thanks,
Walter

Pardon me..but what kind of stupid comment is this??

Hi,

I feel by posting this comment you are showing disrespect for those who are buried there. It is not an ordinary cemetary. It is there for a purpose.

BY posting such frivolous questions/comments you are making fun of those who sacrificed their lives.

Not funny at all.

Regards

Thank you "WaitingforIns2" for saying it. I wanted to say it but I think I got to chicken to speak up. I tried to say it in a nice way but I didn't think it came off that way.

I think the jokes were aimed at the question not the Location. I am sure no one that was being disrespectful to the honorable people that lost their lives for the United States. We were all having fun with the question not venue.

I understand humor..but this was in poor taste

Hi Guys,

I am not averse to humor. Trust me! I have had a lot of laughs on some great jokes/humorous posts posted here..(even posted myself a few). But this one really seemed out of place.

Who is afraid to go near cemetary in a broad daylight? and that too with hundreds or even thousands of people. I felt it was a very poor attempt at humor.

Nothing personal. Didnt mean to hurt anyone.

This is the end of this topic from my side.

Regards

Hi Guys,

I am not averse to humor. Trust me! I have had a lot of laughs on some great jokes/humorous posts posted here..(even posted myself a few). But this one really seemed out of place.

Who is afraid to go near cemetary in a broad daylight? and that too with hundreds or even thousands of people. I felt it was a very poor attempt at humor.

Nothing personal. Didnt mean to hurt anyone.

This is the end of this topic from my side.

Regards

Thanks for voicing out 'waitingforins2'. OP has opened 10 plus threads in last 10 days such as (name change time frame, un married daughter, un-married daughter having a child etc. don't know how many of them are ficticious) Most of the forum members have tried replied to her including me based on the concern she raised.

There are some ridiculous threads out there people asking how they should dress, should they vote or not, Please help with Civics Lessons test? I mean why do you want to take citizenship, if you don't understand or respect democracy or can not even decide what do you want to do with it!

Excuse me ... I am not the only naturalized American or even born American who don't know who to vote for or even to vote. Are you ? If so good for you ! I think that was a lame attack to say this ...

I mean why do you want to take citizenship if you don't understand or respect it or can not even decide what do you want to do with it!

I have great respect and understanding for this country. Obviously I do when it comes to politics otherwise why would I bother thinking about who to vote for instead of just crossing someone out or whatever.

I have a Husband in the military who risks his life for the 3rd time so don't tell me about respect ok !

Excuse me ... I am not the only naturalized American or even born American who don't know who to vote for or even to vote. Are you ? If so good for you ! I think that was a lame attack to say this ...

I have great respect and understanding for this country. Obviously I do when it comes to politics otherwise why would I bother thinking about who to vote for instead of just crossing someone out or whatever.

I have a Husband in the military who risks his life for the 3rd time so don't tell me about respect ok !

Sorry,If I offended you. My statement was not targeted to you. IMO, this is not the place to discuss this. There are many forums to discuss whom to vote for. You are welcome to post your opinion as you seem deemed in this forum.Choice is yours. BTW, I do know whom I am voting for.

Visting graveyard often

I am happy and scared at the same time. My oath ceremony is scheduled for taking place at a big cemetery, the Arlington National Cemetery in two weeks. (cemetery is where dead people are buried)

I scare very easily and cemetery is the last place I want to be near... :( even if it's during the day. I know this place has a lot of tourists visiting it every year, but still... very scary...

It is a bad idea to contact the USCIS to see if they can re-schedule me for a later oath at a regular USCIS office
or the courthouse? but how long a delay will that cause?

Post edited: I just searched this forum and found three other DC area people on this forum who are scheduled for oath at the cemetery as me on the same day. :(

This is why one should visit graveyard often & pray for the forgiveness of dead people. The reason I say that, this is our final destination and apparently after we die that's where we all go or most of us will go. It's nice to checkout our final home (graveyard) once in a while.

To be honest I did get offended because I just recently posted a Topic named "Voting Dilemma" and I just wanted Input so yea after I read your statement I took offense in it.
I know this might not be the Forum to post this but I've been a member here for so long and been talking to outstanding, smart and incredible about a lot of things that I really wanted to have everyone's input since I am close to a lot of people here.