• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of support mistake

European2014

Registered Users (C)
I just recieved my affadavit of support (form I-134) and one of the lastnames of my family members is missspelled. do you think it will be a problem on the interview day? thanks

Is it the first or last page? My sponsor misspelled my last name and I reprinted the first page because it's not the one that contained the signature. That also depends on if they filled it out on hard copy or not. We did ours on soft copy and then printed.

So how does the CO know if someone submits an AoS, which was filled for someone else, by changing the first page? (If the first interviewed was not asked to submit.) The signature of the sponsor appears on the second page.

I'm not quite sure I clearly understand your post/question? Do you mean like Mr. X issues an affidavit of support to Mr. A, but Mr. A isn't asked to present the affidavit at the time of the interview. This affidavit is then passed on to Mr. B who changes the first page by putting his own information on that page, attaches it to the rest of the affidavit and submits it as their own? Are you asking how the CO will know the if it was originally meant for Mr. A?

Please clarify your question in order to get an appropriate response.

you got it.
I'm asking how the CO will know the if it was originally meant for Mr. B?
Mr. A has already get visa without presenting the form.

In that case, what you should be concerned with is the possibility of being jailed for providing fraudulent documents in support of your immigration application in addition to facing a life-time ban from the US. If Mr. X never provided you with the document for your personal use, you should not be entertaining the thought of using it in the first place. Mr. X doesn't know you or even if he does, he hasn't provided you with the document directly.

As to how they will know the document was fraudulently obtained? All you need to know is that have ways of finding out!!!

The other thing, is it possible to prepare the form before i receive 2nd NL? Even before the VB is released for my case no?
There is a space on the second page to write date of signature.

Not sure which version of the form you're trying to use, but there certainly is a section for putting the date beside the signature of whoever is signing the form. The date on the form should not be more than 6 months old by the time of your interview.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf[/QUOT
My CN 2015AF11xxx, my interview scheduled on first Dec.2014. Question I-134 has to be original document or I can use copy ? (scanned and sent via e mail)

Thank you