• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Adjustment of status after KCC processed documents

alanford

Hi folks,

I am currently legally present in the US on a F-1 visa (student visa) and I was selected by the DVLottery for further processing. I called KCC today and they said that my application has been processed and that my number is current, however, they have not given me a visa number (yet). What they told me was that I should call my local USCIS office and schedule an appointment. But how do I schedule an appointment without a visa number? in fact, can I schedule an appointment without a visa number? Should I wait for KCC to issue a visa number for me? Every time I call KCC they give me slightly different information based on who I talk to. I have selected to be interviewed in the USA. Where do I send my I-485 form along with the rest of the documents? Do I send it before or after the interview?

Basically, what is the next step after your application has been processed by KCC and no visa number has been given to you for a person on F-1 visa who has chosen to be interviewed in the USA?

Thank you for your help,

Alan Ford

Thanks, I will read the post. Should I ask this same question int the DV 2015 AOS only thread? Other people might find it helpful once we find an answer?

Thanks, I will read the post. Should I ask this same question int the DV 2015 AOS only thread? Other people might find it helpful once we find an answer?

No - your question is because you don't understand even the most basic concept - but all will be revealed on that thread - and then you will have other questions.... Mom's help is legendary - it is all you need - but it helps if you have at least read some of it and looked at the spreadsheet linked from the very first post.

Thanks, Britsimon. The spreadsheet is very helpful.

I just read the information in the spreadsheet and it appears that I am ready to send my AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox

Thanks, Britsimon. The spreadsheet is very helpful.

I just read the information in the spreadsheet and it appears that I am ready to send my AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox

From what you said earlier - yes you are - but please take a few hours of reading to make sure you do it right.

Hi folks,

I am currently legally present in the US on a F-1 visa (student visa) and I was selected by the DVLottery for further processing. I called KCC today and they said that my application has been processed and that my number is current, however, they have not given me a visa number (yet). What they told me was that I should call my local USCIS office and schedule an appointment. But how do I schedule an appointment without a visa number? in fact, can I schedule an appointment without a visa number? Should I wait for KCC to issue a visa number for me? Every time I call KCC they give me slightly different information based on who I talk to. I have selected to be interviewed in the USA. Where do I send my I-485 form along with the rest of the documents? Do I send it before or after the interview?

Basically, what is the next step after your application has been processed by KCC and no visa number has been given to you for a person on F-1 visa who has chosen to be interviewed in the USA?

Thank you for your help,

Alan Ford
I am glad you found your way here. I saw your post on the other site and was like OH GOSH he needs to hurry and get over here. Please go through the thread and the basic documents and follow its advice to the T, also that of Sm1smom and Britsimon. Thanks to them a number of us have gone from not knowing a thing, to successfully submitting and obtaining adjustment of status. You are already current so hurry up and get on board. Welcome by the way.

Guys, thank you for your help. I am not sure what I would do if not for the Sm1smom's spreadsheet. I spend a few hours reading it today and preparing my documents. While doing that I realized that I have a few more questions which are not basic :)

1) I am currently on OPT (my OPT expires in February 2015) and I need to apply for extension. I know that I can apply for OPT extension by submitting I-765 with the AOS package and therefore avoid the 300$ fee for OPT extension. Can I apply seperatly for OPT extension, or does it have to be together with AOS? I do not mind paying the 300$.

2) I have notified my University that I want to apply for OPT extension and they should issue a new I-20 for me this week. Do I include the new I-20 in the AOS package as well?

3) In tab 5 (AOS package) of Sm1smom's spreadsheet there a several documents which are not requested by USCIS for Adjustment of status (http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/oth...card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program). For instance, W-2 forms, pay stubs, bank statements

Thank you for your help,
Alan Ford

You have chose to do Adjustment of Status (AoS). Luckily for you we have a AoS expert by the name of Sm1smom and she has a thread that explains everything you need to know - I suggest you read the first post on the thread below and then read as much of the thread itself as you can.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/
No - your question is because you don't understand even the most basic concept - but all will be revealed on that thread - and then you will have other questions.... Mom's help is legendary - it is all you need - but it helps if you have at least read some of it and looked at the spreadsheet linked from the very first post.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Simon!

Guys, thank you for your help. I am not sure what I would do if not for the Sm1smom's spreadsheet. I spend a few hours reading it today and preparing my documents. While doing that I realized that I have a few more questions which are not basic :)

1) I am currently on OPT (my OPT expires in February 2015) and I need to apply for extension. I know that I can apply for OPT extension by submitting I-765 with the AOS package and therefore avoid the 300$ fee for OPT extension. Can I apply seperatly for OPT extension, or does it have to be together with AOS? I do not mind paying the 300$.

2) I have notified my University that I want to apply for OPT extension and they should issue a new I-20 for me this week. Do I include the new I-20 in the AOS package as well?

3) In tab 5 (AOS package) of Sm1smom's spreadsheet there a several documents which are not requested by USCIS for Adjustment of status (http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/oth...card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program). For instance, W-2 forms, pay stubs, bank statements

Thank you for your help,
Alan Ford

We try to keep all AOS related questions on the same thread in this forum, that makes it easy for everyone interested in processing AOS to learn and benefit from it. So I suggest you post your questions on the DV 2015 AOS thread.

Hi Sm1smon. I was just following Britsimon's instructions. I will be posting the same question on the DV 2015 AOS thread shortly.