Acoustic panels for all the wrong reasons

OK I’m going to do it, it’s time to treat an unsuitable listening room (virtually square) and I have no idea if I need to, but I think the room would benefit from some aesthetic acoustic/diffuser panels to make the white walls look more ‘interesting’.

The plan is to place 3-4 panels on the wall behind the couch, and possibly one behind the left-hand speaker and one on the door to replace the towel ..yes a towel!

I have no intention of fitting corner bass traps or ceiling panels as I hate the look and besides I will have a job convincing the missus about these ‘nice’ looking panels… 50cm square and in light oak “They will look fantastic my love..”

So what ya think?

OK I’m going to do it, it’s time to treat an unsuitable listening room (virtually square) and I have no idea if I need to, but I think the room would benefit from some aesthetic acoustic/diffuser panels to make the white walls look more ‘interesting’.

The plan is to place 3-4 panels on the wall behind the couch, and possibly one behind the left-hand speaker and one on the door to replace the towel ..yes a towel!

I have no intention of fitting corner bass traps or ceiling panels as I hate the look and besides I will have a job convincing the missus about these ‘nice’ looking panels… 50cm square and in light oak “They will look fantastic my love..”

So what ya think?
thanks for any help