• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Accompany application medical test failed

vanchandavy

Hi everyone . How are you so far ? I miss everyone here that's why I always visit this site almost everyday even after I landed in US for almost a year . Today I have friend that want me for help but I couldn't answer his question .
My friend is dv 2017 winner with his daughter and his wife as accompany . His wife failed medical test and need 6 month to recover . As I know that no visa can be issued after 30 September 2017 so can he and his daughter go ahead to interview on June 2 2017 without his wife ? Or 3 of them can go together Without his wife of medical file ? Thank you @Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom and everyone who has experience with this issue . Thank you and appreciate.

He should attend the interview with his wife and daughter. His wife will be placed on AP since she hasn't cleared her medical examine. Once they tell him his interview is successful, he should request they go ahead and issue the visas for himself and his daughter.

Since the wife wouldn't have completed the needed treatment by the end of Sept, she will not be getting her visa. But the husband can sponsor her once she completes the treatment. Of course sponsoring her is like a two year process, and costs more, plus the family will be separated for a while. It's better than the whole family missing out completely

Oh thank you Sm . I will tell him as soon as possible .
Appreciat . Thank you again and I will let you know the outcome of the interview in June

He should attend the interview with his wife and daughter. His wife will be placed on AP since she hasn't cleared her medical examine. Once they tell him his interview is successful, he should request they go ahead and issue the visas for himself and his daughter.

Since the wife wouldn't have completed the needed treatment by the end of Sept, she will not be getting her visa. But the husband can sponsor her once she completes the treatment. Of course sponsoring her is like a two year process, and costs more, plus the family will be separated for a while. It's better than the whole family missing out completely
so he will still pay the visa fees of his wife even though she will not go?

Another option to ensure they don't pay the visa fee for her if they are sure the wife will not get her visa is for only him and his daughter to interview and then proceed as mom said with sponsoring her afterwards. But only do this if they are sure that they won't be accidentally missing out on a visa for her,

I think the best way is to send an email to the embassy explaining the current situation and do what they respond