• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

About Reentry Permit!! HELP

nepaliii

I am in the United States and leaving next week. In the USCIS website it says that I have to be here no fewer than 60 days before I intend to travel abroad. But I haven't yet applied for a reentry permit and I just have a week's time. What can I do??

I am in the United States and leaving next week. In the USCIS website it says that I have to be here no fewer than 60 days before I intend to travel abroad. But I haven't yet applied for a reentry permit and I just have a week's time. What can I do??

Not sure where you saw the information about needing to stay for 60 days before intending to or traveling abroad.

But you certainly need more than a week or two to complete the application process for the re-entry permit before leaving the US, not unless you plan on returning in between.

Yep you're right, the PDF definitely states that. Thanks for the link.

My understanding about that though is that it is basically a recommendation/suggestion, it doesn't necessarily mean one must be in the US for no less than 60 days before intending to travel like the OP's post comes across (that's the way it comes cross to me anyway). When filing for a re-entry permit, one needs to allow enough time for USCIS to receive and formally accept the application - acceptance is evidenced by the issuance of a NOA receipt, and to complete the biometrics at least before departing from the US. It's intended to let people like the OP know they need more than 2 weeks to complete the initial process, not necessarily that they must be in the US for no less than 60 days.

Yep you're right, the PDF definitely states that. Thanks for the link.

My understanding about that though is that it is basically a recommendation/suggestion, it doesn't necessarily mean one must be in the US for no less than 60 days before intending to travel like the OP's post comes across (that's the way it comes cross to me anyway). When filing for a re-entry permit, one needs to allow enough time for USCIS to receive and formally accept the application - acceptance is evidenced by the issuance of a NOA receipt, and to complete the biometrics at least before departing from the US. It's intended to let people like the OP know they need more than 2 weeks to complete the initial process, not necessarily that they must be in the US for no less than 60 days.

Yes agreed.

You've waited too long to get the fingerprinting done, but the 60 days isn't really a fixed requirement. You'll have to postpone traveling or return for the fingerprinting (someone needs to check your post for the notice).