About "V" Visa

EAD

Hello,
         Thanks a lot for your information. I have a question about the EAD - can it be applied for at the same time as the V visa petition ? I applied for the V in December, and had the fingerprinting done last week, and am wondering when to file for the EAD . Also, is there any kind of an age bar in getting the work permit ? Thanks !!

No Title

Hello,
       You can apply EAD at the time of V petition. You need to give Biometrics at the time of finger printing for EAD. For me , I applied both V petition and EAD application at the same time. Now I recieved two papers from INS saying that I need to give finger prints and biometrics at the nearest ASC. It will take 60 to 180 days to process. There is no age bar for work permit.

similar case

Hi,my problem is similar to yours.I am green card holder and my Fiancee is on H1-B visa.Recently she got laid off.She is here in US.If we get married now can I apply for her adjustment of status.Is she elligible for V-visa?I will be gratefull if anyone can provide some information regarding my situtaion.

V visa for Fiancee

V visa only applies to spouse/children of LPR, derivative child of LPR. In your case, if you still not married with your fiancee, you can\'t apply for her V visa. The requirements for V visa is that:

- you must be the spouse/child of LPR;
- you have a pending F2A petition for at least 3 years.