About "V" Visa

sidhu982

When approximately will the final regulations
be issued by the INS ?
If somebody is having same case like me do contact me?

No Title

Can anybody tell me as when regulations regarding the
"V" Visa can possibly me implemented?

No Title

hi.

we have same query for these.As from the site link
 www.ins.gov/graphics/services/residency/life.htm
then browse the link department of state information on v/k visa,there u will find form for v-visa DS 3052,but now the question is what todo next.whatever we have information,we share with u.if u cometo know something about more on these then reply on same page.
Thanks

No Title

hi, i am kunjal. i wanted to know about the papers required for applying for the v visa. the visa is out but there is no further information about the documents.please send me the the list of papers reqd.

No Title

regarding v-visa interview..

i have interview for v-visa on 14th may.since i have no idea about which set of documents i will be needed..i gone through new Delhi web site for the same and i have got the list..but still i am looking for a person who already pass through v-visa interview..and also searching for v-visa applicant,and want to ask how they got interview letter.,because as per my knowledge. a spouse who is staying in US will get letter for eligilibty..but in my case i got letter from Bombay consulate..i am not sure about these...i have request to all reader of these topic to answer their best..looking for earliest reply..Thanks in advance for your valuable reply

Thanks
Ruchita and ketul patel.

No Title

Hi,
I am kinda confused, can you give me some info as to, who is eligible for V visa, MY aunt is a green card holder and has applied for greencard of her children 7 years ago, now they are well over the age of 21 yrs, do they come under the V visa category. or do they have to wait before anything is told...

Sai

No Title

Patel,
You are eligible that is important whether you get papers from NVC or Delhi consulate it is not important, However regarding the interview I am not sure what type of questions they ask but be prepared for some intimate questions on information regarding your spouse.
Uday

No Title

hi,

I just got greencard and am going to China to marry end of July. in my case, V visa won\'t fit me since it applies to the spouse who already wait for 3 years. I was told that any visa applications by my wife are likely to be refused for immigration intention only because my greencard status. how can I bring my wife to USA in a reasonably period of time instead of waiting for 3 years. if you or anybody have any information to share with me, I am grateful.

Ethen

V Visa INFO

Hi Guys...my Brother In Law (BIL) recieved his V visa in Bombay in mid August. Since then he is here. He got his fingerprinting done but now is waiting for his work permit to come. If any of you guys have any info on receiving work-permit for V visa please let me know. I will write back more on the dates and stuff later after confirming with my BIL.
Thanks and Good Luck
B. Mody

Answer to your v visa question

The best thing for you is to wait. V Visa is only for those who are below 21 years old. As in my case, V visa is not a very good program. Trust me. I am a V Visa Holder. Because of the reason that I turned 21 here in US, having a job is very hard for me. They won\'t give me an SS No., much more, they want me to go back where I came from. The best advice that I could give to you, stay and wait for better Visa Program.

--- LYNX

V Visa Work permit

Applying for a work permit needs to have A Form I-765 or Application for Employment Document. You can download that for free at Website of the INS (www.ins.usdoj.gov) or you can ask for it FREE by calling the INS. Applying for a work permit, will require you to pay the INS $100 as filing fee and it will be processed 60 to 90 days after you have received their receipt. You will be asked also to have a biometric examination at one of their nearest ASC. My advice to you , soon as you get your receipt, immediately ask for a Biometric appointment by calling the hotline of the INS. (Ooops, sorry right now I don\'t have their number). Good Luck.

For those who can understand my My V Visa Case

I need more advice, suggestions and opinions from those who can understand my V Visa case. I need also to know those who got the same problem like mine.
  I am a V Visa Holder having a V2 status. Last time, I applied for an EAD. In reply, the INS sent me a notice that my application was denied. It was due to the reason that I am already 21 years old and no more eligible for the status that I am holding. This was according to the Rules and Regulation which they only released last September 7, 2001, posted on their INS Federal register. As my response to them, I answered their notice telling me that I came here in the US last august 14, 2001 a day before my 21st Birthday in an expedited manner that\'s why there is no reason for them to terminate my status and deny my application for a work permit. Besides that I was already 21 before such Rules and Regulation for V Visa Holders were released. Right now,I am still waiting for their reply. Can you help me?

V VISA for who are already in USA

Can anybody know how long it will take to process V visa who is already in US including EAD. Please split the process times. Also please let me know if once applied for V visa and leave the country without getting approval and return with a new I-94 do I need to send that I-94 copy to INS.

Sri

Same Situation

Sri, I am in the same situation like you. I applied for V status in the USA on november 20 but I had to travel outside the country. I am planning to come back on january 16th. I don´t think we should send the new I-94.

Are you now in the USA? Do you have a new I-94? Did you say to the INS official in airport that you applied for change your nonimmigrant status?

Thanks for your answer.
Cesar

Processing Time

Sri, I am in another immigration forum (in spanish) and I have seen that people who applied for V status in the USA is receiving the approval after 50 or 60 days from the fingerprints.

I understood that after person receive the V status, is when start the process for EAD.

Cesar

No Title

Cesar,
       Just consider the "LAST ACTION RULE". I don\'t know whether it is applicable to V visa or not.

LAST ACTION RULE

In March 2000, the INS instituted a policy referred to generally as the
"Last Action Rule." Although this is not the official term, it symbolizes
the position of the INS that the last action taken on a case is the
governing status of the person when s/he travels outside the U.S. For
example, if a person files an H1B extension of status with a new employer
and then travels outside the U.S., re-entering the U.S. from foreign travel,
and the INS approves the H1B extension, the individual\'s latest I-94 card
would govern the validity date. This was certainly helpful for many cases
but continued to pose problems in those cases for which the INS had approved
the H1B extension a day or two before the person re-entered the U.S. with
the latest I-94 card containing an earlier date that did not provide any
comfort to the H1B traveler.

In my case I applied for a V visa on Jan 1 2002. I intend to travel to India on Feb 22 and will return back on March 15. Can you plase tell me whether I need to give finger prints at the time of applying. Is your case included in the "CLASS" list.

Sri

"V" visa and EAD

My wife applied for "v" visa and EAD card at the same time on (09/18/01). She got her "v" visa in about 2 months and got her EAD card last night 01/14/02(it toook about 4 months total time). We wish you all "v" visa people good luck and thanks to the INS after all.