• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

A confusing case if you could help me,

Hi, i am a Dv Lottery 2016 winner, with the case number AS000055** i had some questions regarding my case and i wish if you could answer me please.
1)my child is going to be 21 years in the 5/1/2016 . According to the Us law all the derivative immigrants (if they are child) should enter the USA when they are under the age of 21. I am worrying about this.
2)what do you think that when will be my interview date ?
3)do they make appointment date according to case number or according to the time that i filled the DS 260?
4) from afghanistan 406 people has been selected, what do you think that how much of them will be issued a visa, according to previous years estimates?
5) what if i had some type mistakes in filling out the form DS 260?
6) my name in my education documents are misspelled with one letter, what should i do?

In the worst case scenario, assuming your CN becomes current in July 2016, you have nothing to worry about regarding your son, he will still be eligible for a visa as your derivative. His age will get frozen, for immigration purpose at 20 years 6 months because of the Child Status Protection Act.

We can't say precisely when your interview will be until we see the first couple of VB for the 2016 FY, your interview could be anywhere between April - July. Interview appointments are primarily based on CN followed by DS260 submission date. If there are errors on your submitted DS forms, and depending on the severity of the errors, email KCC and request for them to unlock your form.