3 years degree EB3, 140 at NSC - please advice

gulabjamun2 said:
Hi Sheila,

As I have stated in my previous message, I have absolutely no regrets about getting a credentials evaluation from you since I was sure that it would help my case.

Let me state again that I personally know two guys who have used your services and whose cases have been approved by the NSC. In fact I ordered your evaluation only after communication with these two gentlemen.

I believe the evaluation you prepared for my case was very good. Unfortunately, my attorney did not see it the same way. I do not wish to end up in a "he said - she said" situation by giving you my attorney's contact.

For this community, I would like to point out that Sheila's evaluation has worked in the past. Her evaluation is tailored for your specific situation and I don't see why it should not work for you.

Does it WORK at NSC?

Nsc

stillwaiiting said:
Does it WORK at NSC?

I can not say if it will or does work but I can tell you it has worked. We have gotten many accetpances in NSC. After all most of the RFE's and Denial's in the past were from NSC, so that is where most of our clients were filed. At least two from NSC have posted their results here and possibly murthy.com. We even had an acceptance for a two year degree from Israel. Each case is different and the work we do is tailored to each degree. Some need us to show one major equivalent to a different concentration.
I am happy to talk to anyone at no charge and discuss your case.
Sheila Danzig
info at cci123 dot com
(If I am not in I will call you back.)

stillwaiiting said:
How does TSC approving 15 years education (Sheila's evaluation). I thought ALL service centers follow the same rules, law and uniform policy. Can we show TSC approvals of these cases to NSC? OR sue them for descrimination?

TSC has approved case with 2 years degree. It is called associate degree. They approved without any RFE. Requirements was for Bachelors degree.

I do not know the reason but TSC is always little bit relaxed. I can also add another example that VSC or NSC always asks for pay slips while doing H1 transfer. But TSC never asked for pay slips.

All I-140's are going to NSC

tammy2 said:
TSC has approved case with 2 years degree. It is called associate degree. They approved without any RFE. Requirements was for Bachelors degree.

I do not know the reason but TSC is always little bit relaxed. I can also add another example that VSC or NSC always asks for pay slips while doing H1 transfer. But TSC never asked for pay slips.

They all started getting tighter recently. And now - ALL I-140's are going to Nebraska.

HI
I have got an RFE "Please submit an evalution of the beneficiarys academic record"
My qulaificaitons are BSC + GNIIT.
MY labour form shows minnimum qualification as "Bachelors".
Since TSC has just asked for a simple evalution of my academics, can I go ahead and get my BSC+GNIIIT evaluated to a US Bachelors...I can get this done at a cheaper rate from T*******. wehreas evaluating from S***** is a bit expensive though she willl evaluate my Indian Bachelors to US Bachelors..Pl sugggest what should I do....
thanks
premon
MY EAD and TD are aprroved 3 weekks back
FP done too

combining for the I140?

As a rule if you combine the 3 year degree and a pgd it will not be accepted for the I140 (remember that they are all being handled in NSC now). However if that is what you want to do (I suggest you check with your lawyer and ask him if the I-140 requires a single source degree evaluation (that means only ONE degree). If not, I can do a combined Bach + PGD very inexpensively.
It is a matter of finding out what you need from your lawyer. Especially after an RFE. It appears your lawyer did not send any credential evaluation the first time. Just make sure you send the right one this time.
-Sheila

I efiled I-140 second time with my PERM LC online and it went to Texas center. If you do paper filing then sometimes it goes to TSC and most of the time it goes to NSC. Efiling always goes to TSC.

I-140 and Texas

UN - Most of my clients have already received an RFE or Denial for an education evaluation that combines.

However, lately, I have been talking to several people that have not yet filed the I-140 and have a 3 year degree. I tell them that they can take their chances with a combination evaluation, and then come back to me IF they get an RFE. I can do the combination evaluation for them for 20% of the cost of the 3 year degree evaluation because we don't need an expert letter or the additional (250 page) research file. My only reservation is what if they get a Denial without an RFE? Would that make it a more difficult situation to respond to?

I tell people that my gut feeling is to go with the combination evaluation and see what happens as most of the applicants have a PGD or some education in addition to the 3 year bachelor's. it is much cheaper to do a combination, than the 3 year evaluation to a US bachelor's degree and most can use the evaluation they have from their H1B application. My only concern is what if they don't get the RFE but do get a Denial? I tell them this is a decision only they and their lawyers can make, not me.

Also - is it 50/50? Do we know that Nebraska passes off half of the I140 filings? It could be 80/20 or 20/80. And are all of the denials and RFE's coming from Nebraska? One lawyer told me that they have been coming from California and Texas but not as often.

UN - what are your thoughts on this? You are the immigration expert, I only do the evaluations.

Sheila Danzig
www.cci123.com

3 Year Degree Denial from Texas

I received a call today from someone who received an RFE (for combining a 3 year degree with a masters degree) for his I-140. It was from Texas. A Michigan lawyer had told me that Texas was going the way of Nebraska - perhaps he was right. Time will tell us more.

Im also in same boat 3 yr BSC from IGNOU and GNIIT with 5 1/2 yrs work experience. Got labor approved last week . Sent 140 petition today, but I know im going to get some similar RFE like yours, So what was your case outcome? pls share.
Thanks in adv,

p76 said:
I have a 3 year degree + GNIIT Diploma
Applied I140 TSC and got an RFE saying my credential evaluation was not right.
I got my Education evaluation back in 2001 and they evaluated 3 year degree + GNIIT = US Bachelors Degree.
After getting RFE i contacted lot of educ eval agencies for educ eval and no one was ready
to show 3 year + GNIIT = US Bachelors. Finally i found in this forum about Sheila Danzig (the degreepeople dot com). Finally i have decided to do education evaluation by her. She did an excellent job in showing 3 year degree as equivalent to US Bachelors degree. My case got approved in EB2 (TSC).

Its a little expensive to get the education evaluation thru her but i think its worth it (atleast in my case it was worth it). She did an excellent job. The supporting documentation was also perfect. She gave me Course by course evaluation + Expert Opinion letter + supporting documentation (250 Pages). I have sent all the documentation provided and replied to RFE.

Please do your own research on 3 year degree. This is not an advt for sheila danzig. Each case is different and nobody guarantees if this edu eval works. It worked for me and i am sharing my experiences with you just to help. Please dont make me responsible if it doesnt work in your case. Each case is different and need to consult an experienced attorney before proceeding.

If you need more info let me know i can give my contact and we can discuss.

Hi,

So what was your outcome. pls share the experience.

mine- 3 yrs Bsc (IGNOU), GNIIT, 5 1/2 yrs work experience, EB3, NSC

thanks

Brittany Spears said:
HI
I have got an RFE "Please submit an evalution of the beneficiarys academic record"
My qulaificaitons are BSC + GNIIT.
MY labour form shows minnimum qualification as "Bachelors".
Since TSC has just asked for a simple evalution of my academics, can I go ahead and get my BSC+GNIIIT evaluated to a US Bachelors...I can get this done at a cheaper rate from T*******. wehreas evaluating from S***** is a bit expensive though she willl evaluate my Indian Bachelors to US Bachelors..Pl sugggest what should I do....
thanks
premon
MY EAD and TD are aprroved 3 weekks back
FP done too

combination for the I140

stillwaiiting said:
Combination works @ TSC but NOT @ NSC somewhat biased.

This week I did an evaluation + expert opinion letter showing the 3 year degree from India equivalent to the US bachelaor's degree (as a single source degree). He had filed at TSC and received a Denial (No RFE). Now he is filing an MTR.

Some of my clients have been fortunate to get approvals after denials in NSC (see Sunil707 and Karthic who both posted on this board) in the past. I have gotten calls from others, who prefer not to post. With USCIS there are no gurantees. It used to be a good bet that a combination worked most of the time. But now that all I-140's go to NSC and when backlogged they send them to TSC how do you know where it is going? And TSC is now also rejecting at least some of the combinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.5 yrs part-time engineering

Hi,

My case is little different from 3 yrs Degree.
I have completed Part-Time Bachelor of Engineering (BE) degree which is 3 1/2 years course from India after I have done my 3 yrs Diploma. The total education is 10 + 3 + 3.5 I have 5+ yrs work experience.

My labor is pending with col15: Bachelors (or equivalent) plus 5 yrs exp.

Will my 3.5yrs BE be considered equivalent to US Bachelors on its own? What is the chance of getting approved at NSC in EB2?

Please advise.

Thanks,

-Thiru

I have seen 10+2+3=15 years BS degree in Science, Commerce and Arts in India. I am not aware of 10+3; is this new? What is it called?

tpranav said:
The total education is 10 + 3 + 3.5 I have 5+ yrs work experience.

3.5 yrs part-time engineering

It is a 3 years Diploma Engineering after 10th Grade. After certain years of work experience, we can attend evening college to obtain Bachelor Engineering Degree and it is a 7 semester program.

Thanks,

-Thiru

tpranav said:
It is a 3 years Diploma Engineering after 10th Grade. After certain years of work experience, we can attend evening college to obtain Bachelor Engineering Degree and it is a 7 semester program.

Thanks,

-Thiru

If your case is processed in NSC, you will be denied.

3.5 years != 4 years

Last edited by a moderator: