• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

I can't speak on the chances of a second draw but in relation to not many people here being chosen, as others have pointed out: In reality there isn't that many of us on here. Millions upon millions of people enter the lottery every year and of that, only 50,000+ get chosen (whatever the exact number is). Some have related this to a 1 in 100 chance of winning. We dont have 100 people on here posting that they entered the lotto so it's really not unusual that there isn't that many of us saying we won.

Myself and Jessica are from the OC which has a higher chance than most regions which would explain why there's two of us. You will probably see over the next few weeks more people popping up saying that they've won after they do some research and find the forum
Congrats first!!!! heard they did not mention the number of winners

I can't speak on the chances of a second draw but in relation to not many people here being chosen, as others have pointed out: In reality there isn't that many of us on here. Millions upon millions of people enter the lottery every year and of that, only 50,000+ get chosen (whatever the exact number is). Some have related this to a 1 in 100 chance of winning. We dont have 100 people on here posting that they entered the lotto so it's really not unusual that there isn't that many of us saying we won.

Myself and Jessica are from the OC which has a higher chance than most regions which would explain why there's two of us. You will probably see over the next few weeks more people popping up saying that they've won after they do some research and find the forum

Winners will start to pop up as soon they start to search for info :D

I remember the first time I saw this notification. It was one blessed morning in a cyber. I scream like madness. The joy was unbelievable. Success is beautiful. Just check that your CN is low. Good luck ahead.

holy sh** i actually got selected :/ Case number OC7** I never "win" anything

For those wanting a screen shot of what it looks like:

dv_lotto.jpg

congrats to the selected.
tried to check mine this morning but i saw session timed out. couldnt even input my confirmation number.

No selected...:(:mad:. A heart felt congratulations to those who were and will be. I can imagine how good the feeling is (must be the opposite of what I've been feeling :p). All he best with the next stages.

As for my comrades in arms, I was rooting for so many of us here but, (the upside) we live to fight another day, chin up peeps.
On to the next one...

First of all, congratulations to you and Jessica on your selection. And thanks for the clarification

Insight? Your friend is an idiot. Choose smarter friends.

Oh - you probably are asking whether it could affect him. Well some cases are refused for things like that - especially if it is suspected that this was an attempt to enter multiple times. However, some people are approved with issues like this. The idiot must be sure to submit the DS260 with an accurate name.
Idiot - Lol @Britsimon so funny

Congrats to all winners. I wasn't so lucky this year, but will continue to participate. In Serbia, there are also only few people that got selected so far.

Last edited:
guys, I keep getting the "session timeout" does anyone have an idea what's going on?

Winners kept getting that last year before final info, but this year it seems it is not like that at all. My wife and I had that info and after few more retries we both ended up with "Has not been selected"

Last edited:
holy sh** i actually got selected :/ Case number OC7** I never "win" anything

For those wanting a screen shot of what it looks like:

dv_lotto.jpg
Congratulations. Wishing you a happy life in the USA.
This is my first attempt and not selected
Wish me luck for the second attempt DV 2018
You never replied to my post!