• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV lottery winner-date of interview?

Thanks for your reply friend
Am in Africa Cameroon precisely and my Case Number 2014AF00023XXX AM REALLY STUCK.

OK, so you have missed your interview. I believe it was scheduled for April 21 in Yaounde. They would have sent you an email informing you of the need to check the ESC site for the interview details. You can probably still see that letter at the ESC site - https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc/

You might be able to ask them to reschedule but you have left it very late. If you want to have the appointment you should call KCC ((606) 526-7500) and check if they can reschedule the appointment. Because visas are almost gone, they may not be able to do this.

IF they will set it up for you, you would need to get your medical completed, obtain police certificates and education proof very quickly. I'm not sure you can do that in time. People here will advise what you need to do.

If you cannot complete the process by September 30th you will not be able to get the visa. There is no extension of time possible. You will also then have up to 6 months to go to the States - again, no extension is possible. You must understand you will have to pay at least $500 in fees (plus the medicals) and you will need to show that you have the correct education and means to support yourself in the USA. If any of that is an issue, you should probably not spend the time/money on trying to make this happen.

OK, so you have missed your interview. I believe it was scheduled for April 21 in Yaounde. They would have sent you an email informing you of the need to check the ESC site for the interview details. You can probably still see that letter at the ESC site - https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc/

You might be able to ask them to reschedule but you have left it very late. If you want to have the appointment you should call KCC ((606) 526-7500) and check if they can reschedule the appointment. Because visas are almost gone, they may not be able to do this.

IF they will set it up for you, you would need to get your medical completed, obtain police certificates and education proof very quickly. I'm not sure you can do that in time. People here will advise what you need to do.

He needs to call the embassy. KCC's line is that once the file has been sent to the embassy - which it would have been ahead of the scheduled interview - they have nothing more to do with the case.

He needs to call the embassy. KCC's line is that once the file has been sent to the embassy - which it would have been ahead of the scheduled interview - they have nothing more to do with the case.

Yes but at the end of the month after the interview they are supposed to account back to KCC the issued/AP/denied/no shows. I would have thought that would mean sending back the files. But sure - he can call the embassy and check what they say. This late, they would have to check with KCC for the visa anyway.

Yes but at the end of the month after the interview they are supposed to account back to KCC the issued/AP/denied/no shows. I would have thought that would mean sending back the files. But sure - he can call the embassy and check what they say. This late, they would have to check with KCC for the visa anyway.

Yes. He probably needs to contact both and hope that he can get a visa number and rescheduled interview for September ...

Hi All pls help to tell me i will call to interview or not my CN is
ASOOO20xxx asia

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again my friend Simon thanks for your infos and am very greatful ,i did checked and i now see the letter and it says my appointment was for April like you said,well i have been able to reschedule my appointment but i cant seem to fill in the online forms DS 260 and 261 as advised from KCC what can i do??? the site keeps saying i cannot fill infos and it also insists i must present these forms at my interview this is a life time opportunity and i wont want to loose it,PLEASE HELP ME OUT SOMEBODY

Hello again my friend Simon thanks for your infos and am very greatful ,i did checked and i now see the letter and it says my appointment was for April like you said,well i have been able to reschedule my appointment but i cant seem to fill in the online forms DS 260 and 261 as advised from KCC what can i do??? the site keeps saying i cannot fill infos and it also insists i must present these forms at my interview this is a life time opportunity and i wont want to loose it,PLEASE HELP ME OUT SOMEBODY

Well done on rescheduling. But you have already sent in DS230, you don't need to and can't do DS260 as that is DV2015 only. Get cracking on medicals, police reports etc!

OK Susie thank you,am already on it and have appointment at court for tomorrow i have 2weeks to interview,but why does it say i need to present the Forms at interview so what do i tell them when i get there??? and they ask for the forms?

OK Susie thank you,am already on it and have appointment at court for tomorrow i have 2weeks to interview,but why does it say i need to present the Forms at interview so what do i tell them when i get there??? and they ask for the forms?

They should have your forms. Did you keep a copy before you sent them? If so take that. Also - you do not have time for there to be any delays in your case so ensure you have read all the instructions for civil documents and interview preparation on the dvselectee website thoroughly, double check that you have everything.

They should have your forms. Did you keep a copy before you sent them? If so take that. Also - you do not have time for there to be any delays in your case so ensure you have read all the instructions for civil documents and interview preparation on the dvselectee website thoroughly, double check that you have everything.

You may want to fill in a DS230 and DS122 just in case I guess. You may want to download them in pdf format from the web and fill them in. Just in case.

Hi All pls help to tell me i will call to interview or not my CN is
ASOOO20xxx asia

I have edited your number for privacy.

Being brutally honest, I think that number is too high to get an interview. No one knows for sure so check back in 9 or 10 months, but it seems very doubtful.

I have been check with KCCDV they said Asia CN is 13350. Can you explain me why they need to cut like that ?

Oh, you are 2014 winner. Then yes, you cannot proceed further. They selected too many winners, so there aren't enough visas for everyone.