2013 May N 400 Tracker

Kmrl

Did you receive the interview letter before the uscis updated their website for your interview schedule?

Which first?

Do the uscis send notice letter (interview letter) before they update their website for status change?
Thank you.

Starting a thread to track all the May applications.

I sent my application today. So joining the waiting queue.

-kmrl

I saw you had your interview letter yesterday. My question is. Did you receive the letter before uscis updated their website for your status check?
I'm in line for interview since June 3rd

Faruk2,
sorry for the late reply.
First the status website is updated: 07/19/2013.
And I received the interview letter on 07/22/13.

Hope it answers your question.

kmrl

Well, the priority date here isn't of much value.

For someone who is applying before the 3/5 year anniversary:

If the background checks are completed, then can only schedule an interview no more than 30 days before from the date you become eligible for naturalization (3/5yr anniversary). That is the reason you will see "in-line for interviewing" exactly a month (+ or - 2 days accounting for weekends) from the anniversary date, if you have done your biometrics and FBI/IBIS checks are completed.

In a nutshell, some one who has applied 3 months ago but is 45 days from the anniversary date will not be scheduled, but the one who is say past her anniversary date and applied 2 months ago, will get scheduled earlier. They may schedule as soon she is placed "in-line" like mine or later, based on the load of the field office (which varies).

Once the case is handed off by NBC to the FO, your timelines are all dependent on the FO

So what does mean for my case (I'm in NYC)

4/29/13: N-400 accepted
5/29/13: FP done
5/31/13: N-400 was placed in line for interview scheduling (that is also the 5 year anniversary date)

SEA400, what did they with your DL? My DL is valid (though I'm pretty sure it is suspended) -- I don't own a car anymore. So.. maybe I should get a new state id or something.

SEA400, what did they with your DL? My DL is valid (though I'm pretty sure it is suspended) -- I don't own a car anymore. So.. maybe I should get a new state id or something.

halivingston, we are going for interview in about 10 hours from now.

The letter says bring your DL or any other government issued photo id. So, basically DL is just a photo id to identify you. They do nothing with DL. As for GC, they take GC away during interview.

Starting a thread to track all the May applications.

I sent my application today. So joining the waiting queue.

-kmrl

Faruk2,
sorry for the late reply.
First the status website is updated: 07/19/2013.
And I received the interview letter on 07/22/13.

Hope it answers your question.

kmrl

Kmrl
Thank you it did. I'm in Connecticut and I've been in line for interview since June 3rd. Can't wait to see that YL.
You know what I mean?!

We have had a very good experience at Seattle office.

We were considering name change but were worried that it would become a judicial oath and push the oath to a later date (instead of the normal same day oath at Seattle FO).

During interview, requested name change just to find out what would IO say and when would oath be.
IO accepted the request without any additional paper work and did the name changed immediately and took the oath in few hours at the regularly scheduled oath ceremony.

Rec'd email showing case status change: scheduled for interview. I'll be stalking our mailman until the notice arrives with the interview date!

Congrats SEA400! So happy that I live in Seattle. I followed your footsteps, doing my interview on the regular date. 10th September looks to be my interview date!

Interview letter just arrived! Scheduled for August 29th. I better get hubby started studying those test questions!

Hi all! I just had my interview today and everything went well! Thank God! :) The IO went over my application and asked me questions then the history of the US, reading and writing in English. I answered all 6 questions correctly. She then gave me the recommendation for approval notice and told me to wait for the oath letter in the mail. I think the interview was about 30 mins.

Good luck to those who are still waiting to be interviewed!

Just received email from USCIS that they placed my application in the Oath scheduling que!!! so happy!!! This forum has helped me a lot since my GC application and without you guys specially the experts here- I wouldn't have made it this far!!! Will celebrate when I finally get my Naturalization Certificate!!! Thank you!!!

Rec'd yellow letter telling hubby to bring his driver's license and arrest records to his interview. They already have all of the original police and court records so I guess we'll just take some extra copies in case they don't have them/can't find them??

For some reason I cannot edit my signature because it exceeded the text or something like that. Anyhow, Just got the N445 today- my oath will be on the 10th of September at 2pm!!! So happy!!!! :D