2012 Mar N400 Tracker

Thanks good_y. Good luck with your application. I know the entire process might take about 5-6 months and mine is only at the initial stage. Are you applying alone or with your family?

We both will be applying, I see it takes 3 to 5 months.

I mailed in all my documents on 03/16/2012.
I have a Receipt Date of 03/23/2012 and the online LUD is 03/26.

Still I do not have any update for the FP....:(
Normally, do we get the email notification first before the regular mail?...
My DO is Newark, NJ.

Same here- received NOA since 3/16/12 from Lewisville TX and still no FP.
my do is NYC

You can schedule an Infopass appointment to speak to an Immigration officer. They should be able to print the FP notice for you. I told them that I need to leave the country for my personal reason and asked them if I can get the FP done right away. Good Luck.

Thanks for the info. I still have not received my FP will wait till 04/21 and see something happens. In the meanwhile, I got yellow letter asking me to bring DL for the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. I still have not received my FP will wait till 04/21 and see something happens. In the meanwhile, I got yellow letter asking me to bring DL for the interview.

Did you get the yellow letter today? do you see the change in online status?

I haven't got my FP notice yet though. Wondering if that would have any bearing on the above! hopefully not! Thanks.

I am surprised that you did not receive your FP notice even though it was mailed on March 21. You better call USCIS to find out what is happening with your FP notice.

Could somebody please explain what a YL (Yellow Letter ?) is ???

copied from the February thread:

YL is "Yellow Letter", which is literally a yellow piece of paper sent to you by USCIS. It is not the interview letter nor is it RFE (Request for Evidence). The YL is sent sometime after fingerprinting and before the interview. It lists items that you are required to bring to the interview, but it is automatically generated based on the answers you gave in your application. For example, I did not list any traffic tickets or citations, so the YL did not say I needed to bring proof of those being paid. I do not know all the possible things that YL could ask for.

It's a good idea to bring additional documentation to support the answers you gave in your application. This has been discussed to death in the sticky thread at the top of this forum, and elsewhere.

copied from the February thread:

YL is "Yellow Letter", which is literally a yellow piece of paper sent to you by USCIS. It is not the interview letter nor is it RFE (Request for Evidence). The YL is sent sometime after fingerprinting and before the interview. It lists items that you are required to bring to the interview, but it is automatically generated based on the answers you gave in your application. For example, I did not list any traffic tickets or citations, so the YL did not say I needed to bring proof of those being paid. I do not know all the possible things that YL could ask for.

It's a good idea to bring additional documentation to support the answers you gave in your application. This has been discussed to death in the sticky thread at the top of this forum, and elsewhere.

Thank you for your thourogh explanation, I had not heard of the YL before but now understand.

March 2012 - Update

DO : Detroit, MI

Updated..

2/29/12 - Sent N400 Application to Phoenix
3/01/12 - Application Received
3/02/12 - Priority Date
3/05/12 - NOA date
3/07/12 - Check Cashed
3/22/12 - FP notice mailed by USCIS - Online status is "Initial Review"
4/18/12 - FP Appointment - Done (quick walk in and out)

FP mailed....

DO: Portland, OR

06/07/07: GC (Employment)
03/19/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with USPS
03/21/12: N-400 delivered
03/22/12: N-400 priority date
03/26/12: Personal Check cashed
03/29/12: NOA recvd
04/18/12: FP notice mailed
xx/xx/12: FP notice recvd
xx/xx/12: FP done
xx/xx/12: Online Status changed to "Testing and Interview"
xx/xx/12: IL recvd
xx/xx/12: Interview
xx/xx/12: Oath
xx/xx/12: PP application
xx/xx/12: PP received

Another update

DO: Columbus,OH

06/04/07: GC
03/04/12: N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ with Fedex (Day 1)
03/06/12: N-400 delivered (Day 3)
03/07/12: N-400 priority date (Day 4)
03/13/12: Money Order cashed
03/13/12: NOA recvd

No, I do not see any new updates. Last one was on March 8th. I took a Infopass for tomorrow. I am going to ask if they can do a FP with NOA.

Today I saw there is a change in online status

03/02/12: N-400 FedExed to Phoenix, AZ
03/05/12: N-400 delivered
03/08/12: N-400 priority date
03/12/12: NOA received
03/23/12: FP notice mailed
03/26/12: FP notice recvd
03/30/12: FP done (walk in) (scheduled on 04/09/12)
04/18/12: Online status changed to 'Placed in line for Interview Scheduling'