2011 January N-400 tracker

YL received but no update in online status.

WOW ...things are picking up quick for you and "Nresh" ..... NICE .

As of today, I am still waiting for an update ...I am not sure how Seattle processing time is ..But we'll see ..

Last edited by a moderator:
update
Local office: San Antonio,TX

01/28/2011 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX
2/11/2011 FP letter received(scheduled on 2/18/2011)
2/14/2011 walk-in FP done
3/17/2011 online status changed to "testing and interview"

Here's my wife's timeline:

Local Office: San Jose
01/22: N400 mailed
01/26: N400 received
02/11: FP notice
03/11: FP done at Charcot Ave, SJ
03:17: Online update (Case Xferred to Local Office)

Awaiting Interview Letter

What is the best number to call to find out what is happening with my application ? is it 800-375-5283 ??

Los Angeles - N400

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) received
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - SMS that FP appt was mailed
1/22/2011 - FP Appt Letter Recieved
1/27/2011 - FP Walk in - Successful
2/2/2011 - FP Appt.. (as originally scheduled)
3/18/2011 - Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting

What is the best number to call to find out what is happening with my application ? is it 800-375-5283 ??

Los Angeles - N400

12/28/2010 - Mailed N 400
1/3/2011 - Application Arrived
1/5/2011 - Check Cashed
1/8/2011 - NOA (797-c) received
1/18/2011 - signed up on website for SMS and EMail Update
1/19/2011 - SMS that FP appt was mailed
1/22/2011 - FP Appt Letter Recieved
1/27/2011 - FP Walk in - Successful
2/2/2011 - FP Appt.. (as originally scheduled)
3/18/2011 - Waiting Waiting Waiting Waiting

yep that is the number and the first you should do if you didn't anything from USCIS in month, and Ask for the "service Request" have them escalate the call to a higher up officer. If that does not get anywhere then you make an info-pass online and go see an officer in person ..

Another option is you can create an electronic inquiry for N-400 and I-90 applications beyond the posted processing times, click
Here is the link :

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

Good luck

Just now received interview letter only for me and wife's didn't show up. Will wait and see for the IL to show up in mail for my wife. Bit concerned. Is this normal ?

Just now received interview letter only for me and wife's didn't show up. Will wait and see for the IL to show up in mail for my wife. Bit concerned. Is this normal ?

Yes, it is Normal, u can never rely on getting the IL together in the mail. ur application do not get examined by the same officer. they get spread out to different officers ...

and depends on how fast of readers are the officers. and how well they examine applications. So sit tight, U will be getting something in the mail within the next week or 2 max. If not then call the 800 # and ask for a service request.

That should do it ..

Good Luck

Just now received wife's Interview letter. Big surprise is, a note saying for wisconsin residents under jurisdiction of St paul, the oath will be same day at 3pm unless there is no change in name.

I had asked for name change in application, but now I decided not to. Will they accept if I say I do not wish to change ?

So on April 28th it is interview/oath for us.

Just now received wife's Interview letter. Big surprise is, a note saying for wisconsin residents under jurisdiction of St paul, the oath will be same day at 3pm unless there is no change in name.

I had asked for name change in application, but now I decided not to. Will they accept if I say I do not wish to change ?

So on April 28th it is interview/oath for us.

Congratulations Buddy ..... Good luck on your interviews...

I am still waiting for my IL. my fingerprints were done on 03/11/2011

question about taxes... is it require for us to bring to the interview 2010 taxes?? I filed mine already but this year we filled "married filing separate". We did that because the return was significantlly larger this way... I'm a little concern this might raise some issues. Any thoughts?

Unfortunately when I try to generate an E-Request it tells me that the case is not out of processing time, or something like that.
Will just have to keep waiting.. Someone else mentioned that LA is just way behind everywhere else in the country..

yep that is the number and the first you should do if you didn't anything from USCIS in month, and Ask for the "service Request" have them escalate the call to a higher up officer. If that does not get anywhere then you make an info-pass online and go see an officer in person ..

Another option is you can create an electronic inquiry for N-400 and I-90 applications beyond the posted processing times, click
Here is the link :

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

Good luck

Unfortunately when I try to generate an E-Request it tells me that the case is not out of processing time, or something like that.
Will just have to keep waiting.. Someone else mentioned that LA is just way behind everywhere else in the country..

Yep, as I stated in my previous post that in order to send an online service request, your case has to be outside normal processing time. but if u wanna get that service request, u may wanna make the call and talk to a live person so he or she can escalate the call to someone that has access to more detailed information about your case .... that's what an USCIS officer told me ...

just be little patient like I am, u will get something soon enough .....

Good Luck

question about taxes... is it require for us to bring to the interview 2010 taxes?? I filed mine already but this year we filled "married filing separate". We did that because the return was significantly larger this way... I'm a little concern this might raise some issues. Any thoughts?

Filing jointly with your wife or separate does not raise any issue, the law permits you to do so if you choose.
The Deadline to file your taxes is April 15th, if your interview is before that date and you didn't have the 2010 tax return copy when the USCIS officer asks for it, you can say that you have not filed yet and you still have a little time to do so. But if your interview is after April 15th, then you might wanna take everything you have just in case the officer asks for them, it does NOT hurt to be over prepared. otherwise, the officer may schedule another interview date so you can bring those documents ...

So take everything u can think of ..... U don't want that delay do you ??

IL received!

Local office: San Antonio,TX

01/28/2011 N-400 sent to Lewisville, TX
2/11/2011 FP letter received(scheduled on 2/18/2011)
2/14/2011 walk-in FP done
3/17/2011 online status changed to "testing and interview"
3/21/2011 IL received
5/4/2011 interview date

Kahuni98 - My signature shows the update. My wife did a walk in for FP and now she is waiting for IL. My in-laws are applying this month end. So there should be sufficient data. Once my wife gets interview letter I will post on the St. Paul thread. Phoenix processing is much slower than Dallas. So be prepared for an extra month. The other problem in St. Paul is that only Judges can give oath and during some months there are no ceremonies and the waiting time from Interview to oath can stretch to 2 months or more. The greedy Judges do not allow USCIS officers to do the oath because they do not get paid the extra money for officiating for citizenship ceremonies.
brb2,
Do you mind giving us an update?
I guess I am just curious because I am in the Twin Cities but will send my application on April 14th thanks a lot.

What field office do you belong to...

I am in Washington State , Seattle Field Office

Here is my timeline:
N-400 Submitted 02/07/2011 (Phoenix Lock-box)
Check cashed 02/10/2011
NOA received 02/12/2011
Priority date 02/09/2011
Biometrics Notice Received 03/11/2011
Biometrics done (Walk-in) Same day 03/11/2011

I called The FBI office and they said that the fingerprint status for USCIS was sent back the same day ... so the FBI background results are back to the Immigration office. some background check get stuck at the FBI office for a long time ..

Here is the number if you guys wanna call the FBI office: 304-625-5590

So I am still waiting for my interview letter ...

Hi Mark,

I'm in San Jose, CA

Did you get your interview letter? I hope so. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi Mark,

I'm in San Jose, CA

Did you get your interview letter? I hope so. GOOD LUCK!!!

No IL yet, But I called the national number yesterday. and in order for them to escalate my call, I had to present a problem or a question that representatives can't fix or answer, so I told the representative that there is 2 different receipt numbers on my notice that when I check online they both say different things .. then he transferred my call to another higher USCIS officer ... when the USCIS officer answered the phone from Los Angeles, I told her about my case, she looked it up and told me that I am in THE QUEUE TO BE SCHEDULED FOR AN INTERVIEW and I should be hearing from them anytime soon ...

so that a somewhat good new ..

Good luck to all