2011 January N-400 tracker

Finally, received interview letter today, date set for June 16 at federal Plaza.
The interview letter came from NBC, not from local office, is that the way goes?

Finally, received interview letter today, date set for June 16 at federal Plaza.
The interview letter came from NBC, not from local office, is that the way goes?

YEP that's how it goes, the USCIS local field office usually notifies the NBC of the interview dates they have available for applicants ... the NBC then sends out interview letters ...

Good Luck

Congratulations! I really enjoyed reading your post!!!

marklivinglarge, good luck on your interview! (If I remember correctly, yours is coming up few days before my husband's, so it's really soon).

Drlove, good luck to your father as well :)

And of course, good luck to the rest of people waiting for their letters and interviews :)

Just a quick update about my case.

I got to the interview on time, the officer called my name, he then went over the whole application with me to mak sure the information I have provided is still current and correct..
I was asked 6 easy test questions ... the officer congratulated me , and asked me if I wanted to do the oath the same day ... and I said .." HELL YEAH "

I waited 1 and 1/2 hour in the waiting area, called me again surrendered my green card, and received my certificate shortly after the oath ...

I wish you all the best ... and Good Luck with your steps to naturalization ...

Congratulations

Thanks for the valuable service you provided to this forum. Enjoy your new passport! :)

I got to the interview on time, the officer called my name, he then went over the whole application with me to mak sure the information I have provided is still current and correct..
I was asked 6 easy test questions ... the officer congratulated me , and asked me if I wanted to do the oath the same day ... and I said .." HELL YEAH "

I waited 1 and 1/2 hour in the waiting area, called me again surrendered my green card, and received my certificate shortly after the oath ...

marklivinglarge, CONGRATULATIONS!!! And I also thank you for all the answers and help :) Good luck to you too!!!

marklivinglarge, CONGRATULATIONS!!! And I also thank you for all the answers and help :) Good luck to you too!!!

Thank you.... It's a great feeling . And I will always log on here every now and then see if I can be of any help to others going through the same process .....

I will check back on May 19th, let me know how things went with the interview ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.... It's a great feeling . And I will always log on here every now and then see if I can be of any help to others going through the same process .....

I will check back on May 19th, let me know how things went with the interview ....

I will let you know for sure and will post as soon as I'll have any information about the interview :) Thanks!
Hopefully we will not have to wait too long for the oath ceremony and probably in the very near future another process of expecting is waiting for us - I'll send my papers for the green card! Can't wait to do that! I haven't seen my family back in my country for almost 6 years. Even though we see each other via Skype I miss them very much anyway :rolleyes:

I will let you know for sure and will post as soon as I'll have any information about the interview :) Thanks!
Hopefully we will not have to wait too long for the oath ceremony and probably in the very near future another process of expecting is waiting for us - I'll send my papers for the green card! Can't wait to do that! I haven't seen my family back in my country for almost 6 years. Even though we see each other via Skype I miss them very much anyway :rolleyes:

depends on if the field office does the same day oath.... you guys might get things done all at once ..

6 years sure is a long time, but compare to my 9 years since I have been out of the country is probably nothing ..... just a little more patience, you'll be able to go back and celebrate your new status of the United States ...

I am talking about patience when I myself can't wait until the 19th of this month to pick up my passport, I had to pay $60 on top of the passport and card fees to expedite it ... :O)

What country are you from? if u don't mind me asking

depends on if the field office does the same day oath.... you guys might get things done all at once ..

6 years sure is a long time, but compare to my 9 years since I have been out of the country is probably nothing ..... just a little more patience, you'll be able to go back and celebrate your new status of the United States ...

I am talking about patience when I myself can't wait until the 19th of this month to pick up my passport, I had to pay $60 on top of the passport and card fees to expedite it ... :O)

What country are you from? if u don't mind me asking

Good luck with getting your passport! By the way - do you know if I need to send my husband's copy of American passport (which he obviously doesn't have yet)? I've read instructions for I-130 form and I'm confused. Several people told me that it's not necessary, but I was wondering what you think about this.

I'm from Ukraine :) And you?

Good luck with getting your passport! By the way - do you know if I need to send my husband's copy of American passport (which he obviously doesn't have yet)? I've read instructions for I-130 form and I'm confused. Several people told me that it's not necessary, but I was wondering what you think about this.

I'm from Ukraine :) And you?

There is no need to send a copy of your husbands US passport unless you were instructed otherwise... there is a question on the I-130 about whether you are a US citizen or not. If so, you will have to provide your Certificate number, date and place of issuance. and based on these information, they will find out if you are who you say you are or not ...

I was born in south Spain

Hello everyone!

As I promised - quick update on my husband's interview. He had his today. His interview was scheduled for 10:30am, but he waited for over an hour before the officer finally called him in. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and first, officer asked all the stuff from my husband's N-400 form (all the dates, about his job etc.) and then he asked him 6questions which were very easy to answer. Also, he had to write a statement "Washington was the first President". That's all.
Unfortunately our district office is not having oath ceremonies the same day, so my husband's ceremony is scheduled for the next Friday :)

Good luck to everyone and it's my time now to start a journey with my green card ;)

Hello everyone!

As I promised - quick update on my husband's interview. He had his today. His interview was scheduled for 10:30am, but he waited for over an hour before the officer finally called him in. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and first, officer asked all the stuff from my husband's N-400 form (all the dates, about his job etc.) and then he asked him 6questions which were very easy to answer. Also, he had to write a statement "Washington was the first President". That's all.
Unfortunately our district office is not having oath ceremonies the same day, so my husband's ceremony is scheduled for the next Friday :)

Good luck to everyone and it's my time now to start a journey with my green card ;)

Not all offices do oath ceremonies the same day ...but the good news is that your husband is scheduled for an oath ... and for that congratulations ...

Baltimore District Office Applicants: Here is a tracker for you. Please share your experiences with other Marylanders.

Baltimore, MD N-400 April 2011 Tracker

HI fellows,

It took me all togather 118 days from my N-400 application file date to an Oath Ceremoney. I am proud to be USC now. I had to wait about 40 days between interview and Oath because as my GC was not completed full 5 years at the time of Interview. Otherwise my Oath would be on April 26 which would make my Naturalization process completed within 100 days. It's FAST.....!!!

Thanks all of you for your help, supports and advices in issues regarding Green Card and Naturalization. It was really helpful. I really appreciated. (Please check out my signature for timeline...)

Thank you,
Nepz06

Just received an email that my case is being scheduled for an interview! I should receive a letter within 14 days with the details

01/20/2011 N-400 sent
01/21/2011 N-400 received
01 /26/2011 ck cashed
01/31/2011 - NOA received
01/27/2011 FP letter mailed
2/16/2011 FP done
05/31/2011 Email notifying that my case is being schedule for an interview

Updates (Atlanta)

01/20/2011 N-400 sent
01/21/2011 N-400 received
01 /26/2011 ck cashed
01/31/2011 - NOA received