2010 March N-400 Tracker

Really? That is super fast. Did you actually go to the regional passport office and pick it up?
Did you show proof of travel or something like that?

Yes to both. After my oath yesterday, we called the 800 # and got an apt for today morning at 8:00 AM. Showed the clerk our travel bookings for June 15th. She asked us to come back between 2 and 3 PM and collect the passport.

DONE!!!

I got FP done for myself and wife.

LPR from: 09/14/2004

03/11/2010 Sent N-400 (Self and wife) FedEx'd to Lewisville
03/12/2010 N-400 Received
03/16/2010 PD
03/18/2010 Check cashed
03/20/2010 NOA Received
04/01/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: 04/13/2010)
05/17/2010 YL received for both self and wife
06/02/2010 FP done
XX/XX/20XX Transferred to local office
XX/XX/20XX IL received
XX/XX/20XX ID
XX/XX/20XX OD
Traffic Citation in N-400 ? NO since it says no need to mention if the citation is not DUI or resulted in arrest. (page 5 on http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/n-400instr.pdf)
Need to change the answer to YES during interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes to both. After my oath yesterday, we called the 800 # and got an apt for today morning at 8:00 AM. Showed the clerk our travel bookings for June 15th. She asked us to come back between 2 and 3 PM and collect the passport.

DONE!!!

Wow! You really finished fast! Congratulations!

DONE!!!

Amazing....lightning speed.

Congrats and have tons of fun.

DONE!!!

That's cool. Congrats Again!

Bringing minor kids to SF office during the interview

Hi,
I have my and my wifes interview scheduled for 6/24/10 at 8.30am (early morning).
I have a minor kid (4 yrs) and her day care does not open in time for me to drop her
off and be at the SF office for our interview. My question is, can I take her to the SF office
and she can hang out with us in the waiting area ? There is a 45 min delay between
me and my wifes interview timing.
I am hoping someone from this forum has been in a similar situation and can advise.
let me know.

Thanks.

Hi,
I have my and my wifes interview scheduled for 6/24/10 at 8.30am (early morning).
I have a minor kid (4 yrs) and her day care does not open in time for me to drop her
off and be at the SF office for our interview. My question is, can I take her to the SF office
and she can hang out with us in the waiting area ? There is a 45 min delay between
me and my wifes interview timing.
I am hoping someone from this forum has been in a similar situation and can advise.
let me know.

Thanks.

I think that shouldn't be a problem. We are bringing our 7yr. old the day of my interview and she is going to sit in the waiting area with my wife. We had actually brought our daughther also to my GC interview back in 2007 and our lawyer told us that it was fine. Our daughter sat with us that time during the actual interview. I am not forsure for all DO, but this was in St. Paul.

abn400 how did your interview go today?

smdk..

took the evening off... so updating this morning :)

Went at 1:35 for our 2:20 interview - reached there faster than planned!
The officer called me in at 1:45 - remarked that I was his last interviewee that day and he had been looking forward to seeing me :)

Administered the oath, looked at my GC, went through the form line by line - at Jet speed... I mean he was cruising through...
Asked me to read a sample, write a sample and without any 'transition' went right into the test questions.
I was cruising through the answers too.. guess his speed rubbed off on me...

As soon as 6 questions were up, he clicked his mouse and printed a form, and said you passed the test, Congratulations.. and showed the box checked on the form (which said congratulations you passed etc..)
He started to wind up when I brought up the issue of a recent traffic ticket..
He asked if it was a minor traffic ticket and said he is not concerned about it...

I asked about same day oath or an earlier date..
He said that they did that only for military personnel... so I'll have to wait for the letter - 4-6 weeks..

I was out at 1:55... my wife asked me if I had to go back in for the interview...
She could not believe it was over! she thought they only checked some documents etc... :)
So.. it was like wham bam thankyou sir .. for me!

We then waited till 2:20 for her turn...
Her interview officer was a bit relaxed, started with the oath, going over the form, asking about dependents etc...
(slightly informal conversation)
Then the read, write samples.
Then informed her that she was starting the test.. and then did the 6 questions.
Gave her the interview results, congratulated her.
My wife asked about an early oath.. she got the standard answer... and was done.
She came out at 2:35 ish..
We were walking out when I noticed her form didnot have a couple of boxes checked.. so we took it back to the counter.
It was taken in, properly marked and returned...
That was it.. we were out of AJC building at 2:45

Cleveland seems to be fast and efficient... especially if you are their last person for the day.. its gonna be fast!

smdk..

The officer called me in at 1:45 - remarked that I was his last interviewee that day and he had been looking forward to seeing me :)

Administered the oath, looked at my GC, went through the form line by line - at Jet speed... I mean he was cruising through...
Asked me to read a sample, write a sample and without any 'transition' went right into the test questions.

As soon as 6 questions were up, he clicked his mouse and printed a form, and said you passed the test, Congratulations.. and showed the box checked on the form (which said congratulations you passed etc..)
He asked if it was a minor traffic ticket and said he is not concerned about it...

He said that they did that only for military personnel... so I'll have to wait for the letter - 4-6 weeks..

I was out at 1:55... my wife asked me if I had to go back in for the interview...
She could not believe it was over! she thought they only checked some documents etc... :)

Her interview officer was a bit relaxed, started with the oath, going over the form, asking about dependents etc...
Then informed her that she was starting the test.. and then did the 6 questions.
My wife asked about an early oath.. she got the standard answer... and was done.
We were walking out when I noticed her form didnot have a couple of boxes checked.. so we took it back to the counter.

Cleveland seems to be fast and efficient... especially if you are their last person for the day.. its gonna be fast!

Congrats! Thanks for the update and details. Glad to hear that both of your interviews went smooth and easy.
My interview is next Thursday at 8:30 in the morning.
I hear Cleveland has two oath days a month, may be we will get the same OD.

Thanks

smdk..

Congratulations Abn400 !!! Hope everyones interview process goes the same way.

smdk..

abn400,

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience. Hope you get your OL soon.....

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and good luck for OL.

smdk..

DONE!!!

Congratulations LiveandLetLive. The process was very quick.

Congrats! Thanks for the update and details. Glad to hear that both of your interviews went smooth and easy.
My interview is next Thursday at 8:30 in the morning.
I hear Cleveland has two oath days a month, may be we will get the same OD.

Thanks

Congrats smdk! Thanks for sharing your interview experience.