2010 March N-400 Tracker

I received my interview letter today. My interview will be in a little over a month, July 12 at 11:30 am.

I had sort of hoped that I could complete the process slightly faster to have my oath ceremony on July 4th at the Magic Kingdom in front of the castle (it's been done there a few times and I thought it would be neat and different) but hey, I'll take what I can get. I'm excited and nervous!

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my interview letter today. My interview will be in a little over a month, July 12 at 11:30 am.

I had sort of hoped that I could complete the process slightly faster to have my oath ceremony on July 4th at the Magic Kingdom in front of the castle (it's been done there a few times and I thought it would be neat and different) but hey, I'll take what I can get. I'm excited and nervous!

Great news! Congrats!

we are the same DO and my daughter is about a month behind you. so she may be called about the end of July or early august for her interview. Perfect !

smdk..

took the evening off... so updating this morning :)

Went at 1:35 for our 2:20 interview - reached there faster than planned!
The officer called me in at 1:45 - remarked that I was his last interviewee that day and he had been looking forward to seeing me :)

Administered the oath, looked at my GC, went through the form line by line - at Jet speed... I mean he was cruising through...
Asked me to read a sample, write a sample and without any 'transition' went right into the test questions.
I was cruising through the answers too.. guess his speed rubbed off on me...

As soon as 6 questions were up, he clicked his mouse and printed a form, and said you passed the test, Congratulations.. and showed the box checked on the form (which said congratulations you passed etc..)
He started to wind up when I brought up the issue of a recent traffic ticket..
He asked if it was a minor traffic ticket and said he is not concerned about it...

I asked about same day oath or an earlier date..
He said that they did that only for military personnel... so I'll have to wait for the letter - 4-6 weeks..

I was out at 1:55... my wife asked me if I had to go back in for the interview...
She could not believe it was over! she thought they only checked some documents etc... :)
So.. it was like wham bam thankyou sir .. for me!

We then waited till 2:20 for her turn...
Her interview officer was a bit relaxed, started with the oath, going over the form, asking about dependents etc...
(slightly informal conversation)
Then the read, write samples.
Then informed her that she was starting the test.. and then did the 6 questions.
Gave her the interview results, congratulated her.
My wife asked about an early oath.. she got the standard answer... and was done.
She came out at 2:35 ish..
We were walking out when I noticed her form didnot have a couple of boxes checked.. so we took it back to the counter.
It was taken in, properly marked and returned...
That was it.. we were out of AJC building at 2:45

Cleveland seems to be fast and efficient... especially if you are their last person for the day.. its gonna be fast!

abn400 - Congrats to you and your wife on completing the Interview successfully. Hope you get your oath letters soon.

Case has been transferred to local office now! IL 06/04/2010 & ID 07/06/2010
Good news! It is a relief, isn't it? Now you both are in a standard Hartford timeline - not the best timeline, but we have no choice.

Good news! It is a relief, isn't it? Now you both are in a standard Hartford timeline - not the best timeline, but we have no choice.

VYLE,

you are right, I am just hoping everything just go smooth.

Thanks!

So is it safe to assume that the RFE you guys got was referring to the FP letter? I noticed some of you got an RFE.

I read about this bug with USCIS system in late 2009 and did not realize it spilled to 2010 filer also. Do we know if they have fixed it yet?

So is it safe to assume that the RFE you guys got was referring to the FP letter? I noticed some of you got an RFE.

I read about this bug with USCIS system in late 2009 and did not realize it spilled to 2010 filer also. Do we know if they have fixed it yet?

The RFE is the FP notice.

Few of us have interview next week

mbsphere - 6/7
kck - 6/7
jcasylee-W - 6/8
DenverCOMarch - 6/10
DenverCOMarch-spouse - 6/10
PBOK - 6/10

Best Wishes and Keep us posted.

Completed my interview this morning. I was called inside almost an hour later than my appointment time. So my file was handled little faster and stamped "recommended for approval" within 30 minutes.The person who interviewing me tried to give me hard time by talking about my culture and home country etc... But I kept mum and answered valid questions only. So I am waiting for the Oath letter now.. good luck to rest of our group... :)

ohh.. I had to show some original docs.. So please take the complete history of you in originals if possible.. Birth Certificate, pay stub, Degree certificate etc..Test is a piece of cake, but I noticed couple of old people failed on that one...

Had my interview this morning at 8.30, lasted 10 mins, i was interviewed by a guy and a lady, that was his office while she was training and just watched. they only asked for my green card and passport, nothing else, we went over the application form and it was approved. Unfortunately i was trying to make the oath date coming up on the 25th, but he told me it was already booked and late, so i will be participating in the july 30th oath. In my city the oath is done every 3rd friday. generally it was a nice and relaxed experience. Good luck to everyone.

Had my interview this morning at 8.30, lasted 10 mins, i was interviewed by a guy and a lady, that was his office while she was training and just watched. they only asked for my green card and passport, nothing else, we went over the application form and it was approved. Unfortunately i was trying to make the oath date coming up on the 25th, but he told me it was already booked and late, so i will be participating in the july 30th oath. In my city the oath is done every 3rd friday. generally it was a nice and relaxed experience. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats Mbsphere and Kck !!! Thank you for sharing your experience guys.

Been a silent reader. Wanted to share my experience. Had my interview last Wednesday (San Jose). Very smooth and quick. 15 mins in total. IO seemed very distant but professional. No chatting, straight to the point, went through the app. Asked for passports, GC and DL. Did not ask for any other documents. (Had mentioned couple of traffic tickets in the app but he did not care about that). Gave me N 652 with a rec. for approval soon after.

Was surprised to see the OL in the mail today. Looks like it was sent soon after. Oath on June 23rd. Whole process took ~3 months. Had applied in the 2nd week of March. Much faster than my GC process ! Good luck to everyone.

Been a silent reader. Wanted to share my experience. Had my interview last Wednesday (San Jose). Very smooth and quick. 15 mins in total. IO seemed very distant but professional. No chatting, straight to the point, went through the app. Asked for passports, GC and DL. Did not ask for any other documents. (Had mentioned couple of traffic tickets in the app but he did not care about that). Gave me N 652 with a rec. for approval soon after.

Was surprised to see the OL in the mail today. Looks like it was sent soon after. Oath on June 23rd. Whole process took ~3 months. Had applied in the 2nd week of March. Much faster than my GC process ! Good luck to everyone.

Hi
Congratulations. Can you please provide more details of the interview, like what kind of test questions or writing and reading sentences.
Thanks

Dont remember all the questions. Those I can remember.

1) Who is the VP
2) Why did colonies fight british
3) Who can vote

Hi
Congratulations. Can you please provide more details of the interview, like what kind of test questions or writing and reading sentences.
Thanks