2010 February N-400 Tracker

To glrao, stonewall, and others who have sent in their applications and are waiting for their check to get cashed and NOA to arrive and it has been more than a week: a word of cheer!

Wife's application sent to Phoenix, AZ and check finally cleared 16 days after delivery to Phoenix Lock Box. That was a very long 2+ weeks of worry.

Here is the background:
My wife and I had sent in our applications in separate envelopes on Feb 3rd, 2010. Each package was tracked and we received delivery confirmation from the USPS that the packages were delivered on the 5th at 10am. My check was cashed on the 11th. I received my NOA on the 15th.

But there was no word on her application. No letter, no nothing. And her check was not cashed. I got worried after another week + passed and there was no word and her check had still not been cashed. We called the customer service line who told us to wait at least 30 days before becoming worried. But with my check already cashed but not hers, and the time-lines on this forum indicating that this first step is usually quick, I just continued to worry.

I see others on the forum now who also are waiting for approx 2 weeks without any word on their application. Well, wanted to let you all know that my wifes check got cashed last night (per the bank). Here is how long it took: Mailed Feb 3rd, delivered Feb 5th, check cashed feb 22nd (16 days later), Bank records updated overnight, found out Feb 23(17 days after delivery, and 20 days after mailing). I have no idea why mine was cleared in a few days and why my wife's took a little over two weeks. The applications were identical, the bank was the same, the post dates and times were the same, etc. Just the luck of the draw, I guess.

Bottom line seems to be that just because your check is not cashed yet and it has been nearly two weeks since you have sent in your app, don't worry yet. The USCIS moves in mysterious ways, their wonders to perform. But honestly, I should hardly crib, given how long the GC or any other process so far has been. The N-400 seems down right instantaneous.

My time line so far
Santa Ana - Orange County CA
02/03/10 - N400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ via USPS priority mail
02/05/10 - delivered per USPS
02/10/10 - PD (self); ??? (wife)
2/11/10 - Chk Cashed (self)
02/15/10 - NOA received self; ??? (wife)
2/22/10 - chk cashed (wife) finally

I assume your son is over 18 years of age and you submitted the application for him?
He can still travel with you while his application is pending.

Thanks Bobsmyth - we decided not to travel before his FP and interview - we don't want to further slow down the process if he postpones the appts.

got check cashed ;-)

San Jose, CA

02/10/2010 N-400 Mailed to Lockbox (Dallas, TX)
XX/XX/2010 N-400 recd @
XX/XX/2010 PD
02/23/2010 Check cashed
XX/XX/2010 Receipt notice
XX/XX/2010 NOA
I'm in San Jose.

Mailed via plain USPS to Lockbox - paid at Post Office - not certified, got receipt for it.
USCIS
P.O. Box 21251
Phoenix, AZ 85036

Feb 10 2010
So far no receipt, no number, no check been cashed

Am I missing anything?
Is there a way to check what is going on?
Or I just have to wait for my check to be cashed and get reg # in mail?
Based on all your time lines it took between 3 to 5 days to get your check cashed and another day or two for reg # in the mail.

Got check cashed today :)
will wait for mail or email with case number

Well.. I am still waiting for the email/TXT for the FP notice. My application was received on 2/3 and I got the priority date of 2/8 on the NOA. But after that, nothing has moved ahead. Status still shows "In Review", both for myself and my wife. Just trying to be patient and wait ...

Well.. I am still waiting for the email/TXT for the FP notice. My application was received on 2/3 and I got the priority date of 2/8 on the NOA. But after that, nothing has moved ahead. Status still shows "In Review", both for myself and my wife. Just trying to be patient and wait ...

we got the same received date and the same priority date (8th), later with the FP notice (RFE) my priority date was modified to the received date, the 3rd.

My case status was Accepted for a couple of days and it went straight to RFE. I had never seen it under the state ' Initial Review' . keep us posted and good luck. it should show up as RFE and ur FP notice should arrive with the priority date as 3rd feb :)

we got the same received date and the same priority date (8th), later with the FP notice (RFE) my priority date was modified to the received date, the 3rd.

My case status was Accepted for a couple of days and it went straight to RFE. I had never seen it under the state ' Initial Review' . keep us posted and good luck. it should show up as RFE and ur FP notice should arrive with the priority date as 3rd feb :)

Mine is under "Initial Review" also. My guess is RFE and RFE will be next week.

So you got FP request direction without NOA ? Is that right?

So you got FP request direction without NOA ? Is that right?

FP notice is an NOA by itself.
I am not sure but i am of the opinion that all the things sent out by USCIS is an NOA, but with different titles, so far the first one was NOA with "receipt" and the second one is Finger Print notification

FP notice is an NOA by itself.
I am not sure but i am of the opinion that all the things sent out by USCIS is an NOA, but with different titles, so far the first one was NOA with "receipt" and the second one is Finger Print notification

My FP date is on 03/10/2010. How to get early walk-in ? will they allow or question coming earlier dates? Would appreciate your feedback.
Me and my wife is waiting to go..

Thanks
Raj

My FP date is on 03/10/2010. How to get early walk-in ? will they allow or question coming earlier dates? Would appreciate your feedback.
Me and my wife is waiting to go..

Thanks
Raj

i just went there and told them that i am afraid that i would be out of town for the appointment date, so i called the 1800 number and that they said u could do an early walk in. that place was deserted . so i guess they were happy to see a person.lol

RFE and FP notification

On the USCIS check case status my status shows 'RFE' and shows

"On February 17, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION..............."

I was advised by friends in this forum that the RFE will most likely be the FP notification.
Today I checked the date on my Fingerprint Notification, it shows the date as February 18, 2010.

Does this mean that (the 2 different dates) there is an RFE on the way? or is it the FP notification even if its dated the 18th of FEB ?

Just got rejection of N-400 filed on 2/8/10 (GC since 5/9/05) since it was 90 days ahead of 5yrs anniversary. Called customer service and was told that N-400 can be filed 3 months before 5 yrs anniversary but 3 months is not 90 days- it has to be on a same date. That is: we should have filed on 2/9/10. So here we go again since we were 24 hrs early! USCIS returned all documents, photos, check etc.

Last edited by a moderator: