2010 February N-400 Tracker

i just got off the phone with the USCIS agent on their 1800 number, they said a Request For Evidence is never used for Finger Printing Notice. He said my case will be on hold till the USCIS gets the requested information, only after receiving the information they would proceed to send the FP notice/ FP appointment notice. I asked him if this is going to delay my case, he said as the case will be on hold till they receive the evidence requested for, a delay is inevitable. I guess my time line is going to be longer now. :( I am pretty sure that I sent everything as per the checklist and the photocopies. If so what is the reason for this RFE. I am getting worried thinking about the delay its going to cause. All i want to do is bring my spouse to america and being a citizen is the fastest way for that. If there was some shorter route for LPR's to bring their spouse, I wouldnt have even thought abt the citizenship.

:(

new to the forum so please forgive me for any errors in my post.

I have applied for n-400 for myself and my spouse. Our applications were sent by USPS priority mail on the same day in separate envelopes. USPS indicates that both letters were delivered on Feb 5th. My application has been received and I have received my notice of action letter. However, there has been no receipt of my wife's application. Her check has also not been cashed yet (per our bank). We have called customer service and were told that it takes about a month for the notice to be received. Is this right? Anyone else that has applied around our time frame and not received any acknowledgment that the application has been received? I am surprised that we have had no word on what the delay is on her application.

Anyone else experience this?

My timeline so far:
Santa Ana - Orange County CA
02/03/10 - N400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ via USPS priority mail
02/05/10 - delivered per USPS
02/10/10 - PD (self) ??? (wife)
02/22/10 - NOA received self ??? (wife)

sreeleshk,

See post from Dan4usa in the December N-400 tracker posted on Jan1 on the question of RFE. Looks like it indicates a notice for FP is being sent. I am not sure about this, but that is what it appears to be looking at prior time lines.

Good Luck and post on the forum if you find out different.

My timeline so far:

sreeleshk,

See post from Dan4usa in the December N-400 tracker posted on Jan1 on the question of RFE. Looks like it indicates a notice for FP is being sent. I am not sure about this, but that is what it appears to be looking at prior time lines.

Good Luck and post on the forum if you find out different.

My timeline so far:

I am having my fingers crossed, I really hope its the Notice for the Finger printing/FP appointment, I would only know when the mails gets to me, but that may be like a couple of days. The person on the 1800 number said RFE is never FP appointments, My case is on hold and only after getting the evidence that they request for, that the decision for proceeding will be taken, and a FP notice will be sent out. If its an FP notice that shows up case status being RFE, then every one in the naturalization process should have their cases RFE ( as FP is unavoidable), but the case is not so. My case is not straight forward, i had a few trips in the statutory period and i am applying based on the 4 year + 1 Day rule and the 23 months prior to my entry to USA on FEB 2 2006 i was outside the country on a Re Entry Permit. The only thing I can do is wait for the actual mail

The person on the 1800 number said RFE is never FP appointments, My case is on hold and only after getting the evidence that they request for, that the decision for proceeding will be taken, and a FP notice will be sent out. If its an FP notice that shows up case status being RFE, then every one in the naturalization process should have their cases RFE ( as FP is unavoidable), but the case is not so.

Hi sreeleshk,

You are right that not every RFE status in Case Status is an FP notice. However, as I understand from reading many of the posts on this forum, most of the time an IO won't even touch your evidence until the interview. Most people who have an RFE status on Case Status are getting an FP notice.

As usual, the customer service reps are setting a new low in the service provided. These people basically read stuff from their screen. They do not know anything about your case or anything about how cases are processed or how the USCIS computer systems work. I would not lose sleep over it.

Also, some people get an "RFE" yellow letter telling them to bring specific items to the interview (along with getting an actual interview letter as well.) I would doubt very much that they would be sending you a "legitimate" RFE, placing your case on hold, at this point in the process.

These are just my thoughts, of course; but I would encourage you to look around the forum! Especially if you look at the early posts in the October, November, December 2009 trackers... you'll see many folks sharing the same concern only to find out later that this was only an FP notice.

Hope this cheers you up! :)

With the progress of my timeline, I probably should join the February tracker. Even though I mailed N-400 on 1/29, the receipt date shows 2/7.

Hi sreeleshk,

You are right that not every RFE status in Case Status is an FP notice. However, as I understand from reading many of the posts on this forum, most of the time an IO won't even touch your evidence until the interview. Most people who have an RFE status on Case Status are getting an FP notice.

As usual, the customer service reps are setting a new low in the service provided. These people basically read stuff from their screen. They do not know anything about your case or anything about how cases are processed or how the USCIS computer systems work. I would not lose sleep over it.

Also, some people get an "RFE" yellow letter telling them to bring specific items to the interview (along with getting an actual interview letter as well.) I would doubt very much that they would be sending you a "legitimate" RFE, placing your case on hold, at this point in the process.

These are just my thoughts, of course; but I would encourage you to look around the forum! Especially if you look at the early posts in the October, November, December 2009 trackers... you'll see many folks sharing the same concern only to find out later that this was only an FP notice.

Hope this cheers you up! :)

thanks goldin03

i might just worrying over nothing, may be because mine is not that straight forward, as I am using the 4 year +1 day rule, I had a cover letter explaining my grounds of my application eligibility. The notice should get to me in a weeks time even though the USCIS says 15 days, I aint letting this thought spoil my weekend. TGIF
Enjoy ur weekend everyone

02/02/2010 Sent N-400 to Lewisville, TX
02/03/2010 N-400 received
02/08/2010 PD
02/08/2010 Check cashed
02/10/2010 NOA
02/19/2010 - Status update - RFE alert email ( RFE sent on 02/17)
XX/XX/2010 FP notice recd
XX/XX/2010 FP done
XX/XX/20XX Transferred to local office
XX/XX/20XX IL received
XX/XX/20XX ID
XX/XX/20XX OD

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Updated... Check Cashed
02/09/2010 Sent N-400 using usps to Dallas.
XX/XX/2010 --no tracking oops!
02/19/2010 Check cashed:D
XX/XX/2010 NOA
XX/XX/2010 FP notice recd (scheduled: XX/XX/2010)
XX/XX/2010 FP done
XX/XX/20XX Transferred to local office
XX/XX/20XX IL received
XX/XX/20XX ID
XX/XX/20XX OD

I also received the following message for mine and wife's. Let us hope for the best.

On February 17, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I also received the following message for mine and wife's. Let us hope for the best.

On February 17, 2010, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

it might as well be the finger printing notice. havnt got that RFE notice in today's mail either.

I received mine and spose FP notice today . Mail dated on env as 02/18 and i received today and appointment scheduled for both of us at sametime on 03/08/10.
Now i am sure REF email i got is about FP notice only :)

Good luck to everyone, one more step completed. next i have to do my part not planning to go early. will do it on scheduled date.

thx

I received mine and spose FP notice today . Mail dated on env as 02/18 and i received today and appointment scheduled for both of us at sametime on 03/08/10.
Now i am sure REF email i got is about FP notice only :)

Good luck to everyone, one more step completed. next i have to do my part not planning to go early. will do it on scheduled date.

thx

So the RFE was FP notice/appointment after all. :)
hope mines gonna be the same too. may be it will show up on monday's email.
whens ur FP appointment ?

Does doing an early walk in make things faster ?

ous is scheduled for 3/08/2010 at noon time, we are not planning to go early , if they wont let us do it may be wast of money ( billable hours).
i don't know if doing early will actually speedup the process,either way his process is much simpler that actual Green card, i don't mind waiting for few extra weeks.

Good luck hope you will get your on Monday ,

ous is scheduled for 3/08/2010 at noon time, we are not planning to go early , if they wont let us do it may be wast of money ( billable hours).
i don't know if doing early will actually speedup the process,either way his process is much simpler that actual Green card, i don't mind waiting for few extra weeks.

Good luck hope you will get your on Monday ,
thanks,

Actually its the same thought thats running through my mind, as there aint no guarantee that u will be allowed to do it early on a walk in, if denied, its a waste of a day or half a day atleast, thats billable hours. I just wan this whole process to end at the earliest so i can petition for my spouse in india and have her I130 petitioned. if it wasnt for that
i wouldnt have even cared for this whole thing .

I'm in the same boat with almost everyone here: got an email @ 19th early morning. Nothing in the Saturday mail... :(

i think our boat is big..... more and more people are hopping on board. :)

i think 2/17 was like the magical day for USCIS to have sent out the RFE and the 19th the day we all got the email/txt notifications.
there are enough people to start a whole new thread exclusively for this scenario after all.

Lets all hope that the RFE is nothing but the FP notice and we get it early this week, the actual mail delivered by the mailman.

cheeers