2010 August N-400 tracker

Apologies for the delay incurred in posting this message.
I would like to thank all the people in this forum.

Our (my wife and mine) interview was scheduled at Newark office @8:40 AM. We reached federal plaza building around 8:10 AM and that place was already filled with 50+ people by that time. We handed our interview notice letter to the lady at counter 1. In few minutes the lady at counter 1 called my name and instructed me to go to floor 13. My wife stayed on the same floor (15th) for her interview. I moved to floor No:13 and handed my notice letter to person at the counter 1 on that floor. My name was called around 9:40 AM and the lady that interviewed me was very nice. After usual formalities (promise to tell the truth etc), she asked me about my personal details and how I got my green card. All the questions were pretty standard (from form N400).

Here are three important questions pertinent to my case:

1. What kind of Job you are working with your current employer? I got my PR in 10/2004 and left my GC sponsored employer in 10/2005. I got the impression that interviewer overlooked/misunderstood my employment history. She assumed that I left my sponsored employer immediately. I told her my job nature was not changed with new employer. While I was talking about this, she noticed the year I left my previous employer. She interrupted me and told me everything was fine.

2. I applied for my PR in 02/2003. But, I got married in 2004 and applied for my wife's H4 & PR before mine (PR) approved. She wants to make sure that my marriage occurred before my PR/GC approval. She asked me about my marriage certificate and I showed her my original certificate. She asked me for a copy of it. I happily handed her the photo copy of my certificate.

3. I have two traffic citations (one minor speeding ticket and minor traffic ticket for staying in left lane) and I have indicated that in form N400. She asked me about these citations. I have provided her certified disposition of these tickets and I have also provided the driver's (NJ DMV) abstract. She took the documentation and verified all the tickets documentation. Driving abstract was really helpful and it provided the nice summary.

Overall, she did pretty good job of going through my file& application before the interview. It was very smooth and pleasant experience.

After that she asked me to sign at various places and asked me the following civics questions.

1. What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?
2. Why did the colonists fight the British?
3. What is the name of the Vice President of the United States now?
4. How many amendments does the Constitution have?
5. What is the highest court in the United States?
6. Who makes federal laws?

Read:

Who can vote?

Write:

All citizens can vote.

She congratulated me for the approval. She provided approval notice and asked me to go back to floor 15.
While I was entering into 15th floor, my wife just finished up her interview and was coming out of the Door 1. Her case was approved as well. Everything was normal in her interview as well.

We took our oath in 12:00 PM session and that whole process lasted for an hour.
After oath ceremony, we went to SSA office and updated our status information.
We were back home by 3:00 PM.

Here are important dates for my case:

Applied for US citizen based on PR for 5 years (PR in 10/2004)
DO : Newark
08/25/2010 : Application Sent
08/27/2010 : Notice date
09/30/2010 : FP scheduled and actual
10/27/2010 : YL for certified court disposition for traffic citations/arrests
11/22/2010 : IL received.
12/29/2010 : ID & oath

Thanks again and Good luck to everyone in the process

Congratulations!!! What do you guys plan to do in celebration of dual Americanization? I hope to run for the city council in NJ...lol!!!!

Hari,
let us know if you had your Oath Ceremony done!

After my interview, I was going to get my oath date but I requested for a date after 1-15-2011. I was travelling outside the country for a month until 1-15. I didn't hear anything until 28th and I called the USCIS support line. The person basically read some standard stuff off the screen. I asked if I could reach out to the DO. He asked me to wait for 90 days after the interview date. Well, the oath letter magically arrived in my mailbox two days later :) Looks like these phone calls do have an impact on our cases!!!!

It looks like our August 2010 spreadsheet has been ruined -- accidentally or not, I don't know. Did anyone manage to keep a copy backed up somewhere?

Sorry PunjabDaPuttar, I thought I would be notified by e-mail when there were changes to this thread, but apparently not. I hope things worked out for you.