2010 August N-400 tracker

Congrats hari2285 and Al.

Must be a great feeling for both of you.

I have my interview this Tuesday, 11/23/2010. I'm nervous as hell.......but I'm hoping all will go well.

I'll post back after the interview.

John

Congrats hari2285 and Al.

Must be a great feeling for both of you.

I have my interview this Tuesday, 11/23/2010. I'm nervous as hell.......but I'm hoping all will go well.

I'll post back after the interview.

John

Immi,

It is going to be a small matter, just be relaxed and confident. The interview is less intimidating, except that you have to pass the simple civics test and language requirement, smile and you are done. I know Boston enjoy bringing people to Red Sox stadium for large ceremonies, hope they can do yours there on the same day. Good luck friend.

Had my interview today. It was as Al said "a small matter".

Had a 7:00 am appointment. Was called at 7:15 for the civics test. Answered first six questions correctly. The English part was waved because because I'm over 50 yrs old and have been a LPR for over twenty years, known as the “50/20” exception. I certainly wasn't worry about taking the English test but they gave the exception anyway.

At 7:30 I was called in for the interview. The officer was polite and quick. Ask for my green card then when through my application in about 5 minutes. Didn't ask for any other documentation. ( I had a DUI in 1973 & 1996 and he didn't ask a thing about them!)

7:40 the interview was over and was told to go back to the waiting area and wait for the OL.

8:00 had my OL in hand and was heading to work.

Oath is scheduled for Jan. 5th 2011.

All that worrying for nothing! But I'm glad I was prepared for the worst.

I'd like to thank all the members who helped through this. This whole thing might have been a little different, (not as painless) without the info I got here.

Thanks,
John

Immi,

I was the interviewing officer...lol!!! Didn't I say it was a small matter? Congratulations!!! The best part of the process is that at least, you have a definite oath date and will be celebrating a New Year in style, with an oath ceremony. I am very happy for you, the exception is cool, especially when you don't need it too...lol!

Al souther
Wow interview date 3 months in advance? thats a killer wait!!! my interview date was about 5 weeks after i got the letter in the mail and it was a more painfull wait than when i was waiting for them to issue the interview letter after i did the finger print (which was about 5/6 weeks also)
Anyway congrats and i wish you all the best!!

Knavigator and Flyingeagle,

I hope you guys understand that I was making a joke with regards to my actual interview date. I had mentioned it was January 5, 2011, but that was just an attempt to portray USCIS in a positive light as an organized agency, with the ability to schedule my interview 3 months into the future. The truth friends is that I had my interview on Oct 28th and I just completed my oath ceremony on Friday, Nov 19th. So, apologies if I didn't correct this as soon as you gentleman posted your inquiries.

Had my interview on October 19th in Columbus, OH. I was scheduled for 1:20 pm. Got there half an hour early. Two security officers had me empty my pockets and go through a metal scanner. One of them asked me for my knife. I never carry even a pocket knife, so I'm not quite sure what that was about. Maybe people forget they are carrying such things(?)

Sat until about 1:10pm and an officer came and got me. Almost as soon as I walked into his office, the phone rang. He had a brief conversation with whomever it was on the other end, and told them he'd be about 10-15 minutes. "Wow," I thought, "either he's going to get up in the middle of the interview or this is going to be over quickly." He apologized and said he was having to pull double duty that day.

He had me stand up, hold up my right hand and swear to tell the truth. He then asked to see my ID: passport, green card, driver's license.

From there on it was merely a matter of going through my n400 and checking that I was who I said I was, and that I stood by the answers I already indicated on the form.

Three things were of a concern to me going into the interview:
(1) A traffic ticket where I was dinged 1 point. He asked if it was a DUI or something serious like that. I said "no," and we moved on.
(2) An audit on local 2008 taxes earlier this year. I explained that I had them all paid up and taken care of by the time I filled out the form. He didn't seem too concerned.
(3) When I arrived in 1986, I was not aware that I had to register with Selective Service. I had a copy of my SS status letter and a cover letter explaining this situation. He said he took note of that, and indicated that it was relatively common for people from that era. He seemed to think that SS registration is now part of the immigration process.

After that, he had me sign the bottom of the n400. He asked me to read a short sentence, write a short sentence, and then take the test. We went through the top 6 on his sheet. I got 6/6 and he stopped.

He congratulated me and filled out a form explaining that I had been approved.

I asked about the administrative oath (taking the oath right there and then in his office), and he said the judges in this jurisdiction like to handle this. It would be down at the courtroom. We can take our family, pose with the judge, etc. It was very nice he said. He said the letter about the oath would come in 6-8 weeks, or maybe sooner.

That was it. He didn't lie to the person on the phone - about 10 minutes and we were all done. The interview was over at 1:20 pm.

Completed oath on 12/02/2010. About 240+ took the oath. We were not allowed to take any pictures. Ceremony was simple. After GC and oath letter given a naturalization packet and told to sit down in order. Stood up when the judge came in and for the oath. It whole thing was done in an hour.

Congrats vidchin, must be a nice feeling to be finished with the entire process!

I have four weeks till I take the Oath....can't wait.:D

John

John,

Thank you. Yes. It was nice feeling. Still haven't digested the feeling of becoming an american citizen and giving up citizenship of country of origin. Its kind of weired. Make sure that you don't get any traffic tickets before the oath. We were under stress not to get any more traffic tickets, because I already had one just before the interview.

Enjoy your oath. This the least stressful immigration activity of all.

vidchin

CBlinx + Sp Under 5-yr rule,
DO: Raleigh-Durham, NC
PR since Sept 2005

07/29/2010 (Day 1) Mail to Lewisville, TX 75067
08/01/2010 (Day 4) Application Received
08/02/2010 (Day 5) Priority Date
08/05/2010 (Day 7) Money Order Cleared (Cahsed)
08/09/2010 (Day 11) NOA rec'd
08/11/2010 (Day 13) RFE Date
08/13/2010 (Day 15) RFE Email received
08/16/2010 (Day 18) FP Notice Rec'd
08/25/2010 (Day 27) FP Done
10/07/2010 (Day 70) Case trasferred to Local Office
10/09/2010 (Day 72) Interview Notice recv'd
11/10/2010 (Day 102) Interview Date
12/10/2010 (Day 132) Oath date
12/10/2010 (Day 132) USC :) :) :) :) :)
12/29/2010 : Passport Application
01/08/2011 : Passport Received

Last edited by a moderator:
CBlinx + Sp Under 5-yr rule,
DO: Raleigh-Durham, NC
PR since Sept 2005

07/29/2010 (Day 1) Mail to Lewisville, TX 75067
08/01/2010 (Day 4) Application Received
08/02/2010 (Day 5) Priority Date
08/05/2010 (Day 7) Money Order Cleared (Cahsed)
08/09/2010 (Day 11) NOA rec'd
08/11/2010 (Day 13) RFE Date
08/13/2010 (Day 15) RFE Email received
08/16/2010 (Day 18) FP Notice Rec'd
08/25/2010 (Day 27) FP Done
10/07/2010 (Day 70) Case trasferred to Local Office
10/09/2010 (Day 72) Interview Notice recv'd
11/10/2010 (Day 102) Interview Date
12/10/2010 (Day 132) Oath date
12/10/2010 (Day 132) USC :) :) :) :) :)

Congratulations!!!!

Congrats harrytsang! Now you can sit back, relax and enjoy.

I'll just over three weeks away form my Oath date.

John

TM19 - Please help

TM19

My wife had her N400 interview in November as well but since then we have moved out of Ohio. Although we have forwarded our mail, we have not yet received the Oath letter -its been over 5 weeks. Can you please post when you get your Oath letter? That will give us an idea when they are mailing the letters.

Thanks
PunjabDaPuttar

Had my interview on October 19th in Columbus, OH. I was scheduled for 1:20 pm. Got there half an hour early. Two security officers had me empty my pockets and go through a metal scanner. One of them asked me for my knife. I never carry even a pocket knife, so I'm not quite sure what that was about. Maybe people forget they are carrying such things(?)

Sat until about 1:10pm and an officer came and got me. Almost as soon as I walked into his office, the phone rang. He had a brief conversation with whomever it was on the other end, and told them he'd be about 10-15 minutes. "Wow," I thought, "either he's going to get up in the middle of the interview or this is going to be over quickly." He apologized and said he was having to pull double duty that day.

He had me stand up, hold up my right hand and swear to tell the truth. He then asked to see my ID: passport, green card, driver's license.

From there on it was merely a matter of going through my n400 and checking that I was who I said I was, and that I stood by the answers I already indicated on the form.

Three things were of a concern to me going into the interview:
(1) A traffic ticket where I was dinged 1 point. He asked if it was a DUI or something serious like that. I said "no," and we moved on.
(2) An audit on local 2008 taxes earlier this year. I explained that I had them all paid up and taken care of by the time I filled out the form. He didn't seem too concerned.
(3) When I arrived in 1986, I was not aware that I had to register with Selective Service. I had a copy of my SS status letter and a cover letter explaining this situation. He said he took note of that, and indicated that it was relatively common for people from that era. He seemed to think that SS registration is now part of the immigration process.

After that, he had me sign the bottom of the n400. He asked me to read a short sentence, write a short sentence, and then take the test. We went through the top 6 on his sheet. I got 6/6 and he stopped.

He congratulated me and filled out a form explaining that I had been approved.

I asked about the administrative oath (taking the oath right there and then in his office), and he said the judges in this jurisdiction like to handle this. It would be down at the courtroom. We can take our family, pose with the judge, etc. It was very nice he said. He said the letter about the oath would come in 6-8 weeks, or maybe sooner.

That was it. He didn't lie to the person on the phone - about 10 minutes and we were all done. The interview was over at 1:20 pm.

Had my Oath ceremony today.......USC now!:D

Good luck everyone on your journeys.

And a great big thanks to everyone here who helped me through the entire process!

John USC:)