2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Application of H4 without H1 stamping in the Passport for the primary

Hi,

I'm planning on going home this summer and getting married. I don't have an H1 stamping on my passport. My H1 status is valid until Jan 07. I have applied for my I-485/I-140/EAD/AP. My questions are....

1. Can my spouse apply for her H4 based on my H1 approval without H1 stamping on my passport? (I'm planning on coming back using my AP)

2. Assuming the answer to question 1 is YES, Will there be any issues at the re-entry point when i enter with an AP and my spouse with her H4? (I heard that it could make the officers a little suspicious.)

3. Does entry on AP affect your H1 status in any ways?

I appreciate all your help on this. Thanks

ajakster said:
Vicky..
Did you apply using a Labor Copy instead of the original??
did it take long for DOL to respond?? Can you please share your exp.
Mine is Labor Copy sub with PD 02/04.

Ajaks

Yes indeed my company had lost the Original LC(atleast thats what i was told).
The Concurrent filing was done on the basis of a Photo-Copy.
The USCIS as, is/was the rule allowed the filing, but did not process the petitions( had it been not the case i would have got the GC, as the adjusdications were coming in real fast in the last quarter of 2004 and 1st quarter of 2005).
I followed up the matter through the local senators office to first ensure that the VSC sent the request for certified copy to the DOL Office in Philadelphia and later that the Philadelphia DOL office sent the Certified copy ASAP.
The VSC on receipt of the certified copy, then approved the I-140.

LUD's on replied RFE

Hai,

Dude you are not alone, mine is also almost like yours, My company replied A2P RFE on 11th and received by USCIS by 12th and got an email as they have received on Aprl 13th, I see LUD on 14th and 16th and today. I don't know what is happening.

aj

Is anyone having issues accessing the case status check website? I tried entering all of my EAC numbers. None of them seem to be working. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

the worst thing is I got an email saying my 140 is approved... couldnt verify it either online or via phone.... is anyone in similar situation as of Apr 17th 8.30 PDT???

dono about the email's credibility!!!!!
Ajaks

Gcprocess2005

Gcprocess2005 said:
Is anyone having issues accessing the case status check website? I tried entering all of my EAC numbers. None of them seem to be working. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Today there is no LUD, I had LUDs 13,14, 16,17,18. What about you. I had problem to get login screen itself, I just changed the browser it worked.

Aj

Gcprocess2005 said:
the last lud i had was on 4/16. The status check page worked for me too. Is your's 140?
Yes, My company replied to 140 RFE(ATP) on 12th, there was an LUD on 13th,14th, 16th,17th,18th. Today there is no LUD.

aj

Doubts in AP form application

Hi ,

Can someone help me on the following ? I am trying to file AP form so that I can attend a personal function back home in India. I have a couple of doubts with the filing ?

1. What do I fill in for Class of Admission ?
2. What do I attach as explanation/evidence to warrant the travel ?
3. Is it ok if I file AP by myself and not go thorugh an attorney ? What all should I submit as evidence ?
4. My H1 is currently expired and I am on EAD. Is it safe for me to travel at this juncture ? What would I need carry with me to ensure that there are no problems back at the Port of entry ?

Thanks in advance

Any Gurus out there who might be able to answer these questions? Thanks!

Any Gurus out there who might be able to answer these questions? I'd really appreciate your response on this matter. Thanks!

GCDE02 said:
Hi,

I'm planning on going home this summer and getting married. I don't have an H1 stamping on my passport. My H1 status is valid until Jan 07. I have applied for my I-485/I-140/EAD/AP. My questions are....

1. Can my spouse apply for her H4 based on my H1 approval without H1 stamping on my passport? (I'm planning on coming back using my AP)

2. Assuming the answer to question 1 is YES, Will there be any issues at the re-entry point when i enter with an AP and my spouse with her H4? (I heard that it could make the officers a little suspicious.)

3. Does entry on AP affect your H1 status in any ways?

I appreciate all your help on this. Thanks

485 Approved

Finally our (mine and Spouse) application are approved. See below for details.

I was a silent reader of this tracker for the past few years. I have found this tracker very helpful in many ways.

Both our application were filed together. Both of us had our finger printing together. We got our AP/EAD approved almost at the same time (mine came 1 day after my spouse).

My priority dates become current this month.

My I-485 message never changed from the beginning. After my finger printing, just had a LUD. I never got a message saying that finger printing results received and case processing resumed. The first message change on my 485 application was that it was approved. Both of our cases were approved on the same day.

Good luck for all the others that are waiting for their turn.

Case details.

Sub-Labor, EB2, VA
Original LC PD: 03/2002
Concurrent Filed at VSC

I-140/I-485/EAD/AP : RD 08/2004
First EAD/AP : AD 10/2004
I-140 : AD 02/02/2005
Finger Printing Done: 05/10/2005
Second EAD : RD 09/2005, AD 11/10/2005
Second AP : RD 11/23/2005, AD 02/24/2006 (had an RFE for photo)
LUD on I-485 : 05/19/2005, 01/23/2006, 03/16/2006, 04/20/2006, 04/21/2006, 04/25/2006
I-485 : AP 04/20/2006 :)
Card Ordered : 04/21/2006
Card Mailed : 04/25/2006

Congratulations

Congratulations!!! enjoy the freedom.

I have a question. Some people are mentioning they went Bio-Metrics even after doing the Finger Printing. Do you have any idea, why they are calling for Bio-Metrics on selected people?

Thanks!!
bp_va said:
Finally our (mine and Spouse) application are approved. See below for details.

I was a silent reader of this tracker for the past few years. I have found this tracker very helpful in many ways.

Both our application were filed together. Both of us had our finger printing together. We got our AP/EAD approved almost at the same time (mine came 1 day after my spouse).

My priority dates become current this month.

My I-485 message never changed from the beginning. After my finger printing, just had a LUD. I never got a message saying that finger printing results received and case processing resumed. The first message change on my 485 application was that it was approved. Both of our cases were approved on the same day.

Good luck for all the others that are waiting for their turn.

Case details.

Sub-Labor, EB2, VA
Original LC PD: 03/2002
Concurrent Filed at VSC

I-140/I-485/EAD/AP : RD 08/2004
First EAD/AP : AD 10/2004
I-140 : AD 02/02/2005
Finger Printing Done: 05/10/2005
Second EAD : RD 09/2005, AD 11/10/2005
Second AP : RD 11/23/2005, AD 02/24/2006 (had an RFE for photo)
LUD on I-485 : 05/19/2005, 01/23/2006, 03/16/2006, 04/20/2006, 04/21/2006, 04/25/2006
I-485 : AP 04/20/2006 :)
Card Ordered : 04/21/2006
Card Mailed : 04/25/2006

possible law suite against USCIS

My attorney recently mentioned a possibility of filing a law suite against USCIS due to the delay in the adjudication of 485. We have not spoke in detail yet, but I am not sure how effective this can possibly be. According to UN's predictions for EB3 folks with PD date before the end of April 2001, it wood take CIS several more years to go through the deluge of applications that came as a result of 245(i) in April 2001. I find UN's calculations and reasoning very plausible. He also suggested a trick with reapplying for LC under EB2, which also seems worth doing, because it might save a few years of waiting. But strangely I did not see anything from UN about suing USCIS to get even a faster solution. Is this unrealistic to win a case against USCIS? Would this be a Mandamus case? I have a suspition that my lawer simply wants to get payed again, because frankly he would not mind if I wait even for 20 more years, once he got paid. He is just that type. I am going to pay him a visit a talk about all this in detail so I want to come prepared. Do you guys have any thoughts on this? I saw some threads here about Mandamus suits, but they seemed to be mostly for naturalization. Any suggestions? :confused:

hi Kartoshkin,
I'm not sure what you mean here. Will I have to wait for years though my PD is 05/2000? I belong to the EB3 category as you!

Last edited by a moderator: